When recruiting potential athletes, recruiters consider the standing vertical jump. Recruiters can instantly tell how explosive an athlete looks by looking at their vertical jump. The vertical jump, or vertical leap, is a great way to gauge one’s power, explosive strength, as well as the ability to use that strength.
Vertical jumping is a key indicator of an athlete’s power and explosiveness. This test measures how fast one can jump from standing to jumping as high with their legs.
For athletes who need to jump or sprint quickly, explosive power is crucial. This includes basketball, volleyball and track and field. Having a good vertical jump can give athletes an edge over their competition by enabling them to reach higher heights more effortlessly.
Additionally, having good explosive power allows athletes to create more force when they land from a jump which can help them stay injury free. The vertical jump and explosiveness are interrelated. Strong leg muscles and the ability to quickly generate power will lead to a higher vertical jump, which can be very beneficial on the court or field.
Some of the best athletes in their chosen sports fields have insane vertical jumps. The highest recorded vertical jump in the NBA is supposed to be 48 inches or 121.9 cm by Wilt Chamberlain. Michael Jordan, arguably one of the NBA’s greatest of all time and known for his electric and jaw-dropping airborne performance, is estimated to have a vertical jump as high as 46 inches or 116.8 cm.
Outside the NBA, some of the highest recorded vertical jumps include Olympic high jump gold medalist Dwight Stones, who was rumored to have a vertical jump of 50 inches or 127 cm, and NFL player James Robinson who reportedly has a 45 inches or 114.3 cm vertical jump.
It is easy to measure your vertical jump. There are many advanced tools that can help you measure your vertical jump more accurately. However, a simple chalkboard and board will suffice. To measure your vertical jump, you will need the following:
- Tape measure
- A wall or solid vertical surface
- A friend or coach to measure and observe
- Something to mark your starting point, such as a piece of tape
- Optional: a box, plyometric step platform, or another object to jump off.
To measure your vertical jump, you will need to do the following:
- Place the tape measure on a flat surface and stand with your feet about shoulder width apart.
- Grab the tape measure’s top with one hand, and reach up to grab it.
- Using your other hand, press down on the bottom of the tape measure to ensure it remains stationary.
- With your body standing upright, jump as high as you can, making sure to mark the highest point you reach on the tape measure with your finger or a marker.
- Take a measurement from the floor to this point in order to calculate your vertical jump height. This will depend on which unit of measurement you use.
Keep in mind that men have a vertical jump of 16-20 inches, while women’s average is 12-16 inches. A person who can jump higher than this is considered to be above-average or very good at vertical jumping. People who measure their vertical jumps over 28 inches (for men) and 24 inches (for women) are considered to have excellent vertical.
When you measure your vertical jump, there are three things that will happen. You’ll either be satisfied by your abilities. Sometimes you might feel the opposite, and desire a larger measurement. Or you may be amused and indifferent.
Those who feel disappointed with their vertical jump should be satisfied since there are many ways to train it at a more satisfactory level.
But before that, why is there a need to increase your vertical leap? Do people who don’t practice sports have anything to gain in training their vertical leap?
Although athletes have every right to improve their vertical jumps it is important that common people understand what they can get from the same.
That said, increasing your own vertical jump is still worth doing. It has its merits, such as:
- Increase Athletic Performance: Vertical jumps can make a big difference in athletic performance. Many athletic activities require jumping movements, such as basketball, volleyball, track and field, football, tennis, and more. Increasing your vertical jump will help you run faster, jump higher and be more explosive with each movement. Even outside of sports, improving your athletic performance is still something nice to have.
- Strengthen your Vertical Jump: Focus on the muscles that allow you to generate power from the ground. It will be easier to lift more weight and generate more power when you strengthen these muscles. Of course, this increase in strength is useful even in daily life. No matter your field of work, any additional power from your body would prove useful in different situations.
- Better Balance: Core muscles play an important role when jumping because they provide stability while in the air and control your balance as you land back on the ground. Working on improving these muscles will help you have better balance and control when landing from a jump or taking off for one. Balance is a skill that can be used in everyday life, just like strength. Good balance is essential for daily living.
- Improved Coordination: As jumping requires coordination between different muscle groups throughout your body, increasing your vertical jump can help improve the coordination and timing of those movements. Improved coordination can translate into improved performance in many sports that require jumping or rapid bursts. Just as with balance and strength, coordination is something that could prove useful to daily living.
We have now seen how improving your vertical can make you leap higher.
If you prefer visuals, Tom has posted a video review on his YouTube channel Smart Brandings Channel. You can still read our article to get a complete overview of Vert Shock.
What is Vert Sock: Along Overdue Overview Zach Lavine Vertical Jump
Vert Shock is an exercise program that aims to increase the vertical jump of an individual by focusing on strengthening the lower body, core, and upper body. It also improves coordination, balance, stability, as well as coordination.
These exercises include jumping exercises, plyometrics and agility drills. Vert shock has many physical benefits, but athletes also gain mental clarity and confidence as they go through the program. Zach Lavine Vertical Jump
Vertshock claims that it will increase vertical jump for most people in just 8 weeks. As such, it is no wonder that the product is targeted mostly at basketball and volleyball players who can begin dunking or spiking the ball as soon as possible.
Vert Shock was created by Adam Folker and Justin “Jus Fly” Darlington. They created Vert Shock, a vertical training program for athletes that increases vertical jump. It helps them improve their speed, agility and power as well as their mobility. The program is eight weeks long and includes exercises that help athletes reach their full potential.
The program also includes nutrition advice and mental training tips to help athletes stay focused and motivated during the process.
How does Vert Shock work?
Vert Shock is an innovative program designed to help you increase your vertical jump. It consists of three phases: pre-shock, shock, and post-shock. Pre-shock prepares the body for shock by getting you used to doing higher exercise and muscle training.
Plyometrics and core exercises are used during the shock phase to increase explosiveness. Squatting is useful for building quick-twitch muscle fibers. To improve your jumping abilities, you can do more intense exercises in the post-shock phase.
Overall, it will take 8 weeks of training to fully experience Vert Shock. There will be 41 workouts that you need to complete within the 8-week period of training. These workouts will range from simple strength training and static core workouts to the more daunting high-impact power workouts and the like. Zach Lavine Vertical Jump
The Pre-Shock Phase
The Pre-shock phase of Vert shock is the first. In the pre-shock phase of Vert shock
The pre-shock phase of Vert Shock is designed to prepare the athlete’s body for the intense training that will take place in the later phases. You will be able to improve your strength, power, agility and coordination through a variety drills and stretches.
The pre-shock phase also emphasizes stretching and foam rolling to improve flexibility and decrease the chance of injury. Finally, this phase also helps athletes establish proper movement patterns that will be beneficial during the more advanced phases.
You should ensure that you are using the correct form and utilizing the entire range of motion to maximize the benefits of these exercises. As your strength increases, you should gradually increase your speed and weight. By following these steps, you can ensure that your body will be ready to take on the challenge when you move on to the next phase of Vert Shock.
The Shock Phase
The Shock Phase of Vert Shock is the second phase of the program.
The Shock Phase of Vert Shock is the second phase of the program. Designed for intermediate to advanced athletes, this phase focuses on building explosive power and strength for intermediate to advanced athletes. It consists of three stages which progressively increase in intensity and difficulty. Zach Lavine Vertical Jump
This phase focuses on heavy weight lifting, plyometrics, and bodyweight exercises like jumps and hops. To ensure that gains are not temporary, this phase emphasizes correct form and technique.
Athletes can expect to experience an increase in vertical jump height, improved coordination, and increased agility during the Shock Phase. This phase will also help athletes improve their overall fitness level, allowing them to perform better in all sports activities.
Vert Shock’s shock phase is designed to increase your vertical jump’s power, speed, explosiveness, and speed. This phase will include single-leg hops, box jumps and depth jumps.
Additionally, you will learn the proper form for each exercise to maximize its effectiveness and reduce the risk of injury. With consistent effort and dedication, you can expect to see significant improvements in your vertical jump height.
The Post Shock Phase
The Post Shock Phase, the final phase of the vert shock experience, is called the “Post Shock Phase”. In the post-shock phase
This phase will be focused on new strategies and exercises to increase strength, power, explosiveness, and speed. This phase will help you keep your vertical jump and improve it as you go.
The post-shock phase includes a variety of drills that will target different muscle groups and movement patterns to help you become a better jumper. These drills can be done in the gym or at home with minimal equipment.
This phase also focuses on improving your form and technique to maximize your jumping potential. Finally, the post-shock phase also includes nutrition and recovery strategies to ensure that your body is recovering properly from all of the hard work you’re putting in.
You will also find it in the Vert Shock Phase’s post-shock phase. Here, the emphasis is on strengthening your lower legs and reducing the risk of injury. During this phase, you will primarily focus on strengthening exercises that target the calves, hamstrings, quadriceps, and glutes.
You will also work on agility drills to help develop coordination and improve speed. Plyometric exercises will be used to enhance power and explosiveness in your vertical jump. Finally, you will be doing dynamic stretching to reduce tightness in your muscles and improve flexibility. Zach Lavine Vertical Jump
Vert Shock Expectations
Vert Shock, as it is advertised, promises to increase your vertical leap. It may seem like a simple statement but it can be deceiving.
You will reap the benefits of Vert Shock on your own. Some of these include:
- Performance improvement in vertical jumping: This program focuses on strength and power exercises that increase explosiveness. You will be able to jump higher than you ever have before.
- Increased muscle mass: By building more muscle, you can make your body more powerful when jumping. This will allow you to leap higher and more confidently.
- Greater flexibility: Improving your flexibility helps you with your balance and coordination, both of which are necessary for a successful vertical leap.
- Reduction in injury risk: The Vert Shock exercises can be used to strengthen the muscles and joints, which will help to lower the chance of injuries when performing jumps or other activities that are related to basketball.
- You will have a better overall athleticism. Vert shock focuses on improving your power, speed, agility, and quickness. This is all to enhance your athleticism on the court and field.
Vert Shock Injury Concerns
While trying out Vert Shock can be tempting, especially for the gains you can get, It is still important to check if Vert Shock is the exercise for you.
Vert Shock is not recommended for use without consulting a qualified physician. It is important to fully understand the risks and possible side effects of any new exercise program before you begin.
Also, make sure you are familiar with Vert Shock before beginning and that you have all the equipment and space required to complete the exercises.
As with all exercise programs, it is still important to avoid injury when practicing Vert Shock. Before any exercise, it is important to warm up. You could do this with a light jog, or dynamic stretching. It is also important to practice proper form when performing the exercises to avoid injuries.
It is best to begin with light exercises, and increase intensity as your body adjusts. Finally, make sure to take breaks between sets and listen to your body if you experience any pain or discomfort. Zach Lavine Vertical Jump
Vert Shock Price
Vert Shock is not a free program.
When you pay for Vert Shock, you get a membership log-in for their website. As such, you can only buy Vert Shock on their own websites. Anyone trying to sell Vert Shock to you outside of the website could be trying to scam you.
What do you get if you pay for Vert Shock, you ask?
Vert shock is a complete vertical jump training program. It will increase your vertical jump by as much as 9-15 inches in just 8 weeks.
The program is tailored specifically to basketball players. It includes detailed video instruction, a comprehensive nutrition guide, and access to the exclusive Vert Shock members group, where users can ask questions and get support.
It also includes a 60-day money-back guarantee to ensure that you’re making an investment that will pay off in the long run.
Vert Shock is regularly priced at $138, but at the time of writing, there is a limited-time discount offer of $67. This is almost 51% off.
Vert Shock Verdict & Final Thoughts
The Vert Shock program has been very effective in my experience. In just 8 weeks, I saw a significant increase in my vertical leap. Before I was able to feel air as I jumped, it was difficult for me to feel any. Now, I feel that I can reach considerable heights. That may also be partly to losing some weight while doing the 8-week exercise.
However, everyone will experience the same thing. Vert Shock isn’t a magic bullet that will instantly increase your vertical jump. It also requires significant hard work and dedication to see results.
Completing the entire eight-week program was challenging, and there were times when I felt like giving up. I was able to track my progress by taking regular measurements of my jump. This kept me motivated.
Vert Shock’s effectiveness will ultimately depend on how hard you work and the dedication you show. If you’re willing to do the work, you can expect to see gains. Otherwise, it’s a waste of money. Zach Lavine Vertical Jump
Vert Shock Pros and Cons
Pros of Vert Shock
- Easy to Follow: The Vert Shock program is designed to be easy to follow and understand, with step-by-step instructions and detailed videos that explain each move.
- Convenience: Vert Shock can be accessed online so that you don’t need to travel far. You can do the exercises in the comfort of your own home, making it very convenient for anyone who wants to improve their vertical jump.
- Vert shock has proven to work: Many athletes have experienced great results using the program.
- Affordable: The Vert Shock program is affordable compared to other programs on the market, so you don’t have to break the bank to get amazing results.
Cons of Using Vert Shock
- It can be expensive: The Vert shock program isn’t cheap. The full 8-week program runs $67. This can make it quite costly for some. Even more so with its original price of $138
- Results may vary: Like all programs, results can vary and results could be different for you.
- It requires consistency: In order to get the best out of Vert Shock, you need to be consistent and dedicated to your workouts and training schedule. This can sometimes prove difficult for some.
- Not Suitable for Beginners: The Vert Shock program is designed for advanced jumpers with a certain level of experience and skill with jumping. This might not be the best choice if you are just starting out.
Vert Shock Frequently Asked Questions Zach Lavine Vertical Jump
What are I paying for?
Paying for the Vert Shock Program entitles you to a whole workout program and service.
Your username and password will be sent to you via email. This will give you access to Vert Shock’s members-only portal, where you can get all the resources and references needed for the Vert Shock Program. To fully utilize the Vert Shock program, you will require internet access.
What is the secret to it?
Vert Shock uses strategic exercises and sets per repeat combinations to help you develop your elastic muscles fibers.
Do I require any equipment?
Aside from an internet connection, to get the tutorials and resources, you will not need any exercise equipment to enjoy the Vert Shock Program.
Vert Shock, a plyometric exercise, is not suitable for heavy lifting or weight training. This allows you to exercise at home, in the park, or wherever else you like.
Is Vert Shock Safe?
Vert Shock is completely safe for all ages.
However, just with all exercise programs, it is still a good idea to consult your physician or an expert if your body is fit enough to handle intense exercise. Apart from that, Vert Shock is simple enough that it is safe for anyone who is fit enough to do intense and heavy exercise.
What is the average length of my Vert Shock membership?
Your Vert shock Membership will last a lifetime.
You can access it anytime and anywhere. Vert shock will never expire. You can log in as many times as you like to your account.
What if I have an above-average vertical but it is still affecting me?
Vert Shock is still effective even if there are some limitations.
Vert Shock can make your gains smaller than a newbie. However, you’ll still reap the benefits.