When recruiting potential athletes, recruiters consider the standing vertical jump. By looking at players and their vertical jump, they can immediately tell how explosive an athlete is. As such, the vertical jump or the vertical leap is one of the most useful measuring tools of one’s ability to display power, explosive strength, and the ability to utilize that said strength.
The vertical jump is an important measure of an athlete’s explosiveness and power. This test measures how fast one can jump from standing to jumping as high with their legs.
For athletes who need to jump or sprint quickly, explosive power is crucial. This includes basketball, volleyball and track and field. Having a good vertical jump can give athletes an edge over their competition by enabling them to reach higher heights more effortlessly.
Additionally, having good explosive power allows athletes to create more force when they land from a jump which can help them stay injury free. The vertical jump and explosiveness are interrelated. Strong leg muscles and the ability to quickly generate power will lead to a higher vertical jump, which can be very beneficial on the court or field.
Some of the best athletes in their chosen sports fields have insane vertical jumps. Wilt Chamberlain is believed to have recorded a 48 inch or 121.9 cm vertical jump in the NBA. Michael Jordan, undoubtedly one of the greatest players in the NBA, was known for his jaw-dropping aerial performance and a vertical jump of 46 inches (or 116.8 cm).
Dwight Stones, the Olympic high jump gold medalist, was reported to have a vertical leap of 50 inches, or 127cm. James Robinson, a NFL player, reportedly has a 45 inch or 114.3 cm vertical leap.
It is easy to measure your vertical jump. There are many advanced tools that can help you measure your vertical jump more accurately. However, a simple chalkboard and board will suffice. To measure your vertical jump, you will need the following:
- A tape measure
- A wall or solid vertical surface
- To measure and observe, a friend or coach
- Something to mark your starting point, such as a piece of tape
- Optional: A box, plyometric platform or other object to jump from.
To measure your vertical jump, you will need to do the following:
- Stand with your feet roughly shoulder width apart and ensure the tape measure is placed on a flat surface.
- Reach up and grasp the top of the tape measure with one hand and keep it in place.
- Using your other hand, press down on the bottom of the tape measure to ensure it remains stationary.
- Standing straight, stand up and jump high. Make sure you mark the highest point on the tape measure using your finger or a marker.
- Measure from the floor to this point to determine your vertical jump height in inches or centimeters (depending on what unit of measurement you are using).
Keep in mind that men have a vertical jump of 16-20 inches, while women’s average is 12-16 inches. Higher than that, one is considered to have an above-average to very good vertical jump. Individuals with vertical jumps greater than 28 inches for men and 24 inches for women are considered excellent vertical.
When you measure your vertical jump, there are three things that will happen. You’ll either be satisfied by your abilities. You might also feel the opposite and want a higher measurement, or you will be indifferent and amused.
Those who feel disappointed with their vertical jump should be satisfied since there are many ways to train it at a more satisfactory level.
But before that, why is there a need to increase your vertical leap? Do people who don’t practice sports have anything to gain in training their vertical leap?
Although athletes have every right to improve their vertical jumps it is important that common people understand what they can get from the same.
That said, increasing your own vertical jump is still worth doing. It has its merits, such as:
- Improve Athletic Performance: Increasing your vertical jump can have a significant impact on your athletic performance in a variety of sports. Jumping is a key part of many athletic activities, including basketball, volleyball and track and field. Increasing your vertical jump will help you run faster, jump higher and be more explosive with each movement. It is possible to improve your athletic performance even outside of sports.
- Increase Strength: Improving your vertical jump involves focusing on certain muscle groups that help you generate power when you take off the ground. Increasing the strength of those muscles will make it easier to generate more power and height when you take off the ground. Of course, this increase in strength is useful even in daily life. No matter what your job is, extra power would be a benefit in many situations.
- Better Balance: Core muscles play an important role when jumping because they provide stability while in the air and control your balance as you land back on the ground. Working on improving these muscles will help you have better balance and control when landing from a jump or taking off for one. Balance is a skill that can be used in everyday life, just like strength. Good balance is essential for daily living.
- Better coordination: Jumping requires coordination among different muscle groups. Increasing your vertical jump can improve coordination and timing. Improved coordination can translate into improved performance in many sports that require jumping or rapid bursts. Just as with balance and strength, coordination is something that could prove useful to daily living.
We have now seen how improving your vertical can make you leap higher.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Tom on his YouTube channel Smart Brandings Channel. You can still read our article to get a complete overview of Vert Shock.
What is Vert Sock: Along Overdue Overview Which Vert Shock vs Progesterone
Vert shock is an exercise program that increases vertical leap by strengthening the core and lower body. The program also helps improve one’s balance, stability, and coordination.
The exercises involve jumping exercises, plyometrics, agility drills, Olympic lifts, and various other movements that help build power in the legs and hips. In addition to the physical benefits of Vert Shock, athletes can also benefit from increased confidence and mental focus as they work through the program. Which Vert Shock vs Progesterone
Verts shock promises that it can help people increase their vertical jump of most people within 8 weeks. As such, it is no wonder that the product is targeted mostly at basketball and volleyball players who can begin dunking or spiking the ball as soon as possible.
Adam Folker and Justin Darlington created Vert Shock. They created Vert Shock, a vertical training program for athletes that increases vertical jump. It helps them improve their speed, agility and power as well as their mobility. The program is eight weeks long and includes exercises that help athletes reach their full potential.
This program includes nutritional advice and mental training tips that will help athletes remain focused and motivated throughout the process.
How Does Vert Shock Work?
Vert Shock is an innovative program designed to help you increase your vertical jump. It consists of three phases: pre-shock, shock, and post-shock. The pre-shock phase prepares your body for the shock phase by getting your muscles used to jump higher exercises.
Plyometrics and core exercises are used during the shock phase to increase explosiveness. Squatting is useful for building quick-twitch muscle fibers. During the post-shock phase, more intense workouts will be done to improve your jumping ability even further.
Overall, it will take 8 weeks of training to fully experience Vert Shock. Within that 8 weeks of training will be 41 workouts you will have to do regularly. These workouts can be as simple as static core and strength exercises, or more challenging high-impact power trainings. Which Vert Shock vs Progesterone
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
The Pre-Shock Phase
Vert Shock is divided into three parts, the first of which is the Pre-shock phase. In the pre-shock phase of Vert shock
The pre-shock phase of Vert Shock is designed to prepare the athlete’s body for the intense training that will take place in the later phases. This includes a variety of exercises, drills, and stretches that will improve strength, power, agility, balance, and coordination.
Additionally, the pre-shock phase emphasizes proper stretching and foam rolling techniques to increase flexibility and reduce the risk of injury during the program. Finally, this phase also helps athletes establish proper movement patterns that will be beneficial during the more advanced phases.
You should ensure that you are using the correct form and utilizing the entire range of motion to maximize the benefits of these exercises. As your strength increases, you should gradually increase your speed and weight. By following these steps, you can ensure that your body will be ready to take on the challenge when you move on to the next phase of Vert Shock.
The Shock Phase
The Shock Phase of Vert Shock is the second phase of the program.
The second phase of Vert Shock’s program is called the Shock Phase. This phase is for advanced to intermediate athletes and focuses on explosive power and strength building for advanced to intermediate athletes. It consists of three stages which progressively increase in intensity and difficulty. Which Vert Shock vs Progesterone
The exercises in this phase focus on plyometrics, heavy weight-lifting, and bodyweight exercises such as jumps and hops. To ensure that gains are not temporary, this phase emphasizes correct form and technique.
During the Shock Phase, athletes can expect to see an increase in their vertical jump height and improved coordination and agility. The Shock Phase will help athletes increase their fitness, which will allow them to excel in all activities.
Vert Shock’s shock phase is designed to increase your vertical jump’s power, speed, explosiveness, and speed. During this phase, you will perform exercises such as box jumps, depth jumps, squat jumps, and single-leg hops to develop explosive strength.
Additionally, you will learn the proper form for each exercise to maximize its effectiveness and reduce the risk of injury. With consistent effort and dedication, you can expect to see significant improvements in your vertical jump height.
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
The Post Shock Phase
The Post Shock Phase, the final phase of the vert shock experience, is called the “Post Shock Phase”. In the post-shock phase
This phase will be focused on new strategies and exercises to increase strength, power, explosiveness, and speed. This phase will help you keep your vertical jump and improve it as you go.
Post-shock includes a range of drills that target different movement patterns and muscle groups to improve your jump ability. These drills can either be done at the gym or at home using minimal equipment.
Additionally, this phase focuses on developing proper form and technique so that you can maximize your jumping potential. Finally, the post-shock phase also includes nutrition and recovery strategies to ensure that your body is recovering properly from all of the hard work you’re putting in.
It is also in the post-shock phase of the Vert Shock phase, where the focus is on improving the strength of your lower legs and reducing the likelihood of future injuries. This phase will focus on strengthening exercises for the quadriceps and calves.
Agility drills will be used to improve coordination and speed. To increase power and explosiveness of your vertical jump, plyometric exercises are used. Dynamic stretching will be used to loosen your muscles and increase flexibility. Which Vert Shock vs Progesterone
Vert Shock Expectations
Vert Shock, as it is advertised, promises to increase your vertical leap. It may seem like a simple statement but it can be deceiving.
Doing Vert Shock will give you some benefits on its own. Some of these include:
- Improved vertical jump performance: The program focuses on specific strength and power exercises that increase explosiveness, allowing you to jump higher than ever before.
- Increased muscle mass: By building more muscle, you can make your body more powerful when jumping. This will help you reach new heights in your leaping ability.
- Greater flexibility: Improving your flexibility helps you with your balance and coordination, both of which are necessary for a successful vertical leap.
- Reduction in injury risk: The Vert Shock exercises can be used to strengthen the muscles and joints, which will help to lower the chance of injuries when performing jumps or other activities that are related to basketball.
- Improved overall athleticism: Vert Shock focuses on developing a wide range of skills, from power and speed to agility and quickness, all designed to improve your overall athleticism and performance on the court or field.
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
Vert Shock Injury Concerns
Vert Shock may seem appealing, especially considering the potential gains, but it is important to determine if this is the right exercise for you.
Before trying out Vert Shock, you must consult a qualified medical professional to ensure that it is safe for you to do so. Before attempting any new fitness program, it is important to understand any risks or possible side effects.
Additionally, ensure you are comfortable with the Vert Shock program before starting and have the proper equipment and space necessary to complete all the exercises.
As with all exercise programs, it is still important to avoid injury when practicing Vert Shock. It is important to warm up before any exercise. You could do this with a light jog, or dynamic stretching. To avoid injury, it is important to follow proper form while performing these exercises.
Additionally, it is best to start with lighter exercises and gradually increase the intensity over time as your body adapts. Finally, make sure to take breaks between sets and listen to your body if you experience any pain or discomfort. Which Vert Shock vs Progesterone
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
Vert Shock Price
A program as effective as Vert Shock is not free.
Vert Shock members get a login for their website when they pay. As such, you can only buy Vert Shock on their own websites. As a result, anyone trying to sell you Vert Shock outside the website is potentially there to scam you.
What do you get if you pay for Vert Shock, you ask?
When you purchase Vert Shock, you’re investing in a comprehensive vertical jump training program that will help you increase your vertical jump by up to 9-15 inches in as little as 8 weeks.
The program is tailored specifically to basketball players. The program includes video instruction and a nutrition guide. Users also have access to the Vert Shock members’ group where they can ask questions and receive support.
You can also get a 60-day money back guarantee to make sure you are making a long-term investment.
Vert Shock retails at $138 per unit, but there is currently a $67 discount. This is almost 51% off.
Vert Shock Verdict & Final Thoughts
The Vert Shock program has been very effective in my experience. In just 8 weeks, I saw a significant increase in my vertical leap. Before I was able to feel air as I jumped, it was difficult for me to feel any. Now, I feel that I can reach considerable heights. That may also be partly to losing some weight while doing the 8-week exercise.
That said, not everybody will have the same experience as me. It’s important to note that Vert Shock is not a miracle solution or an instant fix for increasing your vertical jump. It also requires significant hard work and dedication to see results.
It was difficult to complete the eight-week program. There were many times when I wanted to quit. I was able to track my progress by taking regular measurements of my jump. This kept me motivated.
Vert Shock’s effectiveness will ultimately depend on how hard you work and the dedication you show. If you’re willing to do the work, you can expect to see gains. It’s a waste if you don’t. Which Vert Shock vs Progesterone
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
Pros and cons of Vert Shock
Pros of Vert Shock
- It’s easy to follow: Vert shock is easy to understand and follows simple instructions. Each move can be explained in detail with videos.
- Convenience: Vert Shock can be accessed online so that you don’t need to travel far. Anyone who wishes to improve their vertical jump can do the exercises at home.
- Vert shock has proven to work: Many athletes have experienced great results using the program.
- Vert Shock is affordable: This program is more affordable than other programs available on the market. You don’t need to spend a lot to see amazing results.
Cons of Using Vert Shock
- It can be expensive: The Vert shock program isn’t cheap. The full 8-week program runs $67. This can make it quite costly for some. Even more so with its original price of $138
- Results May Vary: As with all programs, results will vary from person to person, and you may get different results than someone else.
- It requires consistency: In order to get the best out of Vert Shock, you need to be consistent and dedicated to your workouts and training schedule. This can sometimes prove difficult for some.
- Not Suitable for Beginners: The Vert Shock program is designed for advanced jumpers with a certain level of experience and skill with jumping. If you’re just starting out, this might not be your best option.
Vert Shock Frequently Asked Questions Which Vert Shock vs Progesterone
What are I paying for?
The Vert Shock Program is a complete workout program that you can access by paying for it.
You will gain access to your very own username and password that is sent via email. This will give you access to Vert Shock’s members-only portal, where you can get all the resources and references needed for the Vert Shock Program. To fully utilize the Vert Shock program, you will require internet access.
What is the secret to it?
Vert Shock uses strategic exercises and sets per repeat combinations to help you develop your elastic muscles fibers.
Do I need any equipment?
Aside from an internet connection, to get the tutorials and resources, you will not need any exercise equipment to enjoy the Vert Shock Program.
Vert Shock, a plyometric exercise, is not suitable for heavy lifting or weight training. This allows you to exercise at home, in the park, or wherever else you like.
Is Vert Shock Safe?
Vert Shock is entirely safe for all ages.
However, just with all exercise programs, it is still a good idea to consult your physician or an expert if your body is fit enough to handle intense exercise. Apart from that, Vert Shock is simple enough that it is safe for anyone who is fit enough to do intense and heavy exercise.
What is the average length of my Vert Shock membership?
Your Vert Shock Membership will last a lifetime.
It is accessible from anywhere and anytime. Vert Shock will not expire; you can log in to your account as often as you want.
What if I have an above-average vertical but it is still affecting me?
Vert Shock is still effective even if there are some limitations.
Vert Shock can make your gains smaller than a newbie. However, you’ll still reap the benefits.