The standing vertical jump is one of the skills that recruiters look at when they look at a prospective athlete. By looking at players and their vertical jump, they can immediately tell how explosive an athlete is. The vertical jump, or vertical leap, is a great way to gauge one’s power, explosive strength, as well as the ability to use that strength.
Vertical jumping is a key indicator of an athlete’s power and explosiveness. It tests how quickly one can move from standing to jumping as high as possible with the help of their legs.
For athletes who need to jump or sprint quickly, explosive power is crucial. This includes basketball, volleyball and track and field. Having a good vertical jump can give athletes an edge over their competition by enabling them to reach higher heights more effortlessly.
Additionally, having good explosive power allows athletes to create more force when they land from a jump which can help them stay injury free. The vertical jump and explosiveness are interrelated. Strong leg muscles and the ability to quickly generate power will lead to a higher vertical jump, which can be very beneficial on the court or field.
Some of the best athletes in their chosen sports fields have insane vertical jumps. Wilt Chamberlain is believed to have recorded a 48 inch or 121.9 cm vertical jump in the NBA. Michael Jordan, undoubtedly one of the greatest players in the NBA, was known for his jaw-dropping aerial performance and a vertical jump of 46 inches (or 116.8 cm).
Dwight Stones, the Olympic high jump gold medalist, was reported to have a vertical leap of 50 inches, or 127cm. James Robinson, a NFL player, reportedly has a 45 inch or 114.3 cm vertical leap.
It is easy to measure your vertical jump. While there are advanced tools to gauge your vertical more accurately, a simple chalk and board can be enough. To measure your vertical jump, you will need the following:
- Tape measure
- A wall or solid vertical surface
- To measure and observe, a friend or coach
- A piece of tape is a good way to mark your starting point.
- Optional: a box, plyometric step platform, or another object to jump off.
You will need the following to measure your vertical leap:
- Place the tape measure on a flat surface and stand with your feet about shoulder width apart.
- Grab the tape measure’s top with one hand, and reach up to grab it.
- To ensure that the tape measure remains stationary, use your other hand to press down on its bottom.
- Standing straight, stand up and jump high. Make sure you mark the highest point on the tape measure using your finger or a marker.
- Measure from the floor to this point to determine your vertical jump height in inches or centimeters (depending on what unit of measurement you are using).
Keep in mind that men have a vertical jump of 16-20 inches, while women’s average is 12-16 inches. Higher than that, one is considered to have an above-average to very good vertical jump. People who measure their vertical jumps over 28 inches (for men) and 24 inches (for women) are considered to have excellent vertical.
Of course, there will be three things that will result once you measure your vertical leap. Either you will be happy with your ability or not. Sometimes you might feel the opposite, and desire a larger measurement. Or you may be amused and indifferent.
Vertical jumpers who are disappointed in their ability to leap high should feel relieved that there are so many methods to improve it.
However, before you do that, what is the point of increasing your vertical leap? Do people who don’t practice sports have anything to gain in training their vertical leap?
While athletes have every reason to better their vertical jumps, it needs to be clarified for common folks as to what they can gain from doing the same.
That said, increasing your own vertical jump is still worth doing. After all, it has its own merits like:
- Increase Athletic Performance: Vertical jumps can make a big difference in athletic performance. Jumping is a key part of many athletic activities, including basketball, volleyball and track and field. Increasing your vertical jump will help you run faster, jump higher and be more explosive with each movement. It is possible to improve your athletic performance even outside of sports.
- Increase Strength: Improving your vertical jump involves focusing on certain muscle groups that help you generate power when you take off the ground. It will be easier to lift more weight and generate more power when you strengthen these muscles. Of course, this increase in strength is useful even in daily life. No matter what your job is, extra power would be a benefit in many situations.
- Better Balance: Core muscles play an important role when jumping because they provide stability while in the air and control your balance as you land back on the ground. Working on improving these muscles will help you have better balance and control when landing from a jump or taking off for one. Just as with strength, balance is something that can be useful in day-to-day living. Good balance is essential for daily living.
- Better coordination: Jumping requires coordination among different muscle groups. Increasing your vertical jump can improve coordination and timing. Improved coordination can translate into improved performance in many sports that require jumping or rapid bursts. Just as with balance and strength, coordination is something that could prove useful to daily living.
Now that we have seen what improving your vertical can let us find a way to make you jump higher.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Tom on his YouTube channel Smart Brandings Channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Vert Shock, you may still want to check out our article below.
What is Vert Sock? Along Overdue Overview What Is The Average Broad Jump
Vert Shock is an exercise program that aims to increase the vertical jump of an individual by focusing on strengthening the lower body, core, and upper body. The program also helps improve one’s balance, stability, and coordination.
These exercises include jumping exercises, plyometrics and agility drills. In addition to the physical benefits of Vert Shock, athletes can also benefit from increased confidence and mental focus as they work through the program. What Is The Average Broad Jump
Verts shock promises that it can help people increase their vertical jump of most people within 8 weeks. As such, it is no wonder that the product is targeted mostly at basketball and volleyball players who can begin dunking or spiking the ball as soon as possible.
Adam Folker and Justin Darlington created Vert Shock. They created Vert Shock, a vertical training program for athletes that increases vertical jump. It helps them improve their speed, agility and power as well as their mobility. As mentioned above, the program consists of eight weeks of exercises designed to help athletes reach their maximum potential.
The program also includes nutrition advice and mental training tips to help athletes stay focused and motivated during the process.
How Does Vert Shock Work?
Vert Shock is an innovative program designed to help you increase your vertical jump. It has three phases: preshock, shock and postshock. The pre-shock phase prepares your body for the shock phase by getting your muscles used to jump higher exercises.
Plyometrics and core exercises are used during the shock phase to increase explosiveness. Squatting is useful for building quick-twitch muscle fibers. During the post-shock phase, more intense workouts will be done to improve your jumping ability even further.
To fully experience Vert Shock, you will need to train for 8 weeks. There will be 41 workouts that you need to complete within the 8-week period of training. These workouts will range from simple strength training and static core workouts to the more daunting high-impact power workouts and the like. What Is The Average Broad Jump
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
The Pre-Shock Phase
Vert Shock is divided into three parts, the first of which is the Pre-shock phase. In the pre-shock phase of Vert shock
Vert Shock’s pre-shock phase is intended to prepare athletes for the more intense training in the subsequent phases. You will be able to improve your strength, power, agility and coordination through a variety drills and stretches.
Additionally, the pre-shock phase emphasizes proper stretching and foam rolling techniques to increase flexibility and reduce the risk of injury during the program. Finally, this phase also helps athletes establish proper movement patterns that will be beneficial during the more advanced phases.
You should ensure that you are using the correct form and utilizing the entire range of motion to maximize the benefits of these exercises. As your strength increases, you should gradually increase your speed and weight. By following these steps, you can ensure that your body will be ready to take on the challenge when you move on to the next phase of Vert Shock.
The Shock Phase
The second phase of Vert Shock’s program is called the Shock Phase.
The second phase of Vert Shock’s program is called the Shock Phase. This phase is for advanced to intermediate athletes and focuses on explosive power and strength building for advanced to intermediate athletes. It consists of three stages which progressively increase in intensity and difficulty. What Is The Average Broad Jump
This phase focuses on heavy weight lifting, plyometrics, and bodyweight exercises like jumps and hops. To ensure that gains are not temporary, this phase emphasizes correct form and technique.
Athletes can expect to experience an increase in vertical jump height, improved coordination, and increased agility during the Shock Phase. The Shock Phase will help athletes increase their fitness, which will allow them to excel in all activities.
Vert Shock’s shock phase is designed to increase your vertical jump’s power, speed, explosiveness, and speed. This phase will include single-leg hops, box jumps and depth jumps.
You will also learn how to properly perform each exercise, which will increase its effectiveness and decrease the chance of injury. You can expect significant gains in your vertical jump height with consistent effort and dedication during this phase.
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
The Post Shock Phase
The Post Shock Phase, the final phase of the vert shock experience, is called the “Post Shock Phase”. The post-shock phase
This phase will be focused on new strategies and exercises to increase strength, power, explosiveness, and speed. This phase will help you keep your vertical jump and improve it as you go.
The post-shock phase includes a variety of drills that will target different muscle groups and movement patterns to help you become a better jumper. These drills can be done in the gym or at home with minimal equipment.
This phase also focuses on improving your form and technique to maximize your jumping potential. The post-shock phase includes nutrition and recovery strategies to make sure your body recovers from all the hard work.
You will also find it in the Vert Shock Phase’s post-shock phase. Here, the emphasis is on strengthening your lower legs and reducing the risk of injury. During this phase, you will primarily focus on strengthening exercises that target the calves, hamstrings, quadriceps, and glutes.
You will also work on agility drills to help develop coordination and improve speed. Plyometric exercises will be used to enhance power and explosiveness in your vertical jump. Dynamic stretching will be used to loosen your muscles and increase flexibility. What Is The Average Broad Jump
Vert Shock Expectations
Vert Shock, as it is advertised, promises to increase your vertical leap. It may seem like a simple statement but it can be deceiving.
You will reap the benefits of Vert Shock on your own. These include:
- Improved vertical jump performance: The program focuses on specific strength and power exercises that increase explosiveness, allowing you to jump higher than ever before.
- You can increase your muscle mass. This will allow you to leap higher and more confidently.
- Greater flexibility: Improving your flexibility helps you with your balance and coordination, both of which are necessary for a successful vertical leap.
- Reduced risk of injury: Some of the Vert Shock exercises help strengthen key muscles and joints to reduce the risk of injuries while performing jumps or other activities related to basketball or other sports.
- Improved overall athleticism: Vert Shock focuses on developing a wide range of skills, from power and speed to agility and quickness, all designed to improve your overall athleticism and performance on the court or field.
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
Vert Shock Injury Concerns
Vert Shock may seem appealing, especially considering the potential gains, but it is important to determine if this is the right exercise for you.
Vert Shock is not recommended for use without consulting a qualified physician. It is important to fully understand the risks and possible side effects of any new exercise program before you begin.
Additionally, ensure you are comfortable with the Vert Shock program before starting and have the proper equipment and space necessary to complete all the exercises.
As with all exercise programs, it is still important to avoid injury when practicing Vert Shock. It is important to warm up before any exercise. You could do this with a light jog, or dynamic stretching. To avoid injury, it is important to follow proper form while performing these exercises.
It is best to begin with light exercises, and increase intensity as your body adjusts. If you feel any discomfort or pain, take breaks between sets. What Is The Average Broad Jump
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
Vert Shock Price
A program as effective as Vert Shock is not free.
When you pay for Vert Shock, you get a membership log-in for their website. As such, you can only buy Vert Shock on their own websites. As a result, anyone trying to sell you Vert Shock outside the website is potentially there to scam you.
So what do you get when you pay for Vert Shock?
Vert shock is a complete vertical jump training program. It will increase your vertical jump by as much as 9-15 inches in just 8 weeks.
This program is specifically designed for basketball players. It includes detailed video instruction, a comprehensive nutrition guide, and access to the exclusive Vert Shock members group, where users can ask questions and get support.
You can also get a 60-day money back guarantee to make sure you are making a long-term investment.
Vert Shock retails at $138 per unit, but there is currently a $67 discount. This is almost 51% off.
Vert Shock Verdict and Final Thoughts
The Vert Shock program has been very effective in my experience. Within 8 weeks, my vertical leap increased significantly. Before, I could barely feel some air when I jumped. Now, I feel that I can reach considerable heights. That may also be partly to losing some weight while doing the 8-week exercise.
However, everyone will experience the same thing. Vert Shock isn’t a magic bullet that will instantly increase your vertical jump. It also requires significant hard work and dedication to see results.
It was difficult to complete the eight-week program. There were many times when I wanted to quit. However, seeing my progress through regular measurements of my jump kept me motivated.
In short, whether or not Vert Shock will work for you will depend on the effort and dedication you put into the program. You can expect to make progress if you are willing to put in the effort. It’s a waste if you don’t. What Is The Average Broad Jump
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
Pros and cons of Vert Shock
Pros of Vert Shock
- It’s easy to follow: Vert shock is easy to understand and follows simple instructions. Each move can be explained in detail with videos.
- Convenience: You can access the Vert Shock program online, so you don’t have to go out of your way for it. You can do the exercises in the comfort of your own home, making it very convenient for anyone who wants to improve their vertical jump.
- Proven Results: The Vert Shock program has been proven by many athletes who have seen great results from using it, so you know it really works.
- Affordable: The Vert Shock program is affordable compared to other programs on the market, so you don’t have to break the bank to get amazing results.
The Cons of Using Vert shock
- It Can Be Expensive: The Vert Shock program is not cheap – the full 8-week program costs $67, which can be a lot for some people. This is even more when you consider the original price of $138
- Results may vary: Like all programs, results can vary and results could be different for you.
- Requires Consistency: To get the most out of the Vert Shock program, it requires consistency and dedication to the workouts and training schedule, which can be difficult for some people.
- Not suitable for beginners: The Vert Shock program was created for advanced jumpers who have a certain level and skill in jumping. This might not be the best choice if you are just starting out.
Vert Shock Frequently Asked Questions What Is The Average Broad Jump
What are I paying for?
Paying for the Vert Shock Program entitles you to a whole workout program and service.
You will gain access to your very own username and password that is sent via email. This will allow you to access Vert Shock’s members only portal. Here you can find all the resources and references you need for the Vert Shock Program. As such, you will need internet access to fully use the Vert Shock program.
What is the secret to it?
Vert Shock uses strategic exercises and sets per repeat combinations to help you develop your elastic muscles fibers.
Do I need any equipment?
To access the tutorials and other resources, all you need is an internet connection. You don’t even need to have any exercise equipment in order to take part in the Vert Shock Program.
Vert Shock is a plyometric-oriented exercise, and as such, you will not need any weights or heavy lifting. This allows you to exercise at home, in the park, or wherever else you like.
Is Vert Shock Safe?
Vert Shock is entirely safe for all ages.
As with all exercise programs it is a good idea for you to check with your doctor or an expert to make sure your body can handle the intense exercise. Apart from that, Vert Shock is simple enough that it is safe for anyone who is fit enough to do intense and heavy exercise.
What is the average length of my Vert Shock membership?
Your Vert shock Membership will last a lifetime.
You can access it anytime and anywhere. Vert shock will never expire. You can log in as many times as you like to your account.
What if I have an above-average vertical but it is still affecting me?
Vert Shock is still effective even if there are some limitations.
Your gains might be much lesser when using Vert Shock compared that to a newbie, as you will surely