The standing vertical jump is one of the skills that recruiters look at when they look at a prospective athlete. Recruiters can instantly tell how explosive an athlete looks by looking at their vertical jump. As such, the vertical jump or the vertical leap is one of the most useful measuring tools of one’s ability to display power, explosive strength, and the ability to utilize that said strength.
Vertical jumping is a key indicator of an athlete’s power and explosiveness. This test measures how fast one can jump from standing to jumping as high with their legs.
Explosive power is key for athletes in sports that require quick bursts of speed or jumping ability, such as basketball, volleyball, track and field, and football. Having a good vertical jump can give athletes an edge over their competition by enabling them to reach higher heights more effortlessly.
Additionally, having good explosive power allows athletes to create more force when they land from a jump which can help them stay injury free. Overall, the vertical jump and one’s explosiveness are connected in that having strong leg muscles and being able to generate power quickly will result in a better vertical jump which can have great benefits on the field or court.
Some of the best athletes in their chosen sports fields have insane vertical jumps. Wilt Chamberlain is believed to have recorded a 48 inch or 121.9 cm vertical jump in the NBA. Michael Jordan, undoubtedly one of the greatest players in the NBA, was known for his jaw-dropping aerial performance and a vertical jump of 46 inches (or 116.8 cm).
Dwight Stones, the Olympic high jump gold medalist, was reported to have a vertical leap of 50 inches, or 127cm. James Robinson, a NFL player, reportedly has a 45 inch or 114.3 cm vertical leap.
It is easy to measure your vertical jump. There are many advanced tools that can help you measure your vertical jump more accurately. However, a simple chalkboard and board will suffice. To measure your vertical jump, you will need the following:
- A tape measure
- A wall or solid vertical surface
- A friend or coach to measure and observe
- A piece of tape is a good way to mark your starting point.
- Optional: a box, plyometric step platform, or another object to jump off.
You will need the following to measure your vertical leap:
- Place the tape measure on a flat surface and stand with your feet about shoulder width apart.
- Reach up and grasp the top of the tape measure with one hand and keep it in place.
- To ensure that the tape measure remains stationary, use your other hand to press down on its bottom.
- With your body standing upright, jump as high as you can, making sure to mark the highest point you reach on the tape measure with your finger or a marker.
- Take a measurement from the floor to this point in order to calculate your vertical jump height. This will depend on which unit of measurement you use.
Keep in mind that men have a vertical jump of 16-20 inches, while women’s average is 12-16 inches. A person who can jump higher than this is considered to be above-average or very good at vertical jumping. Individuals with vertical jumps greater than 28 inches for men and 24 inches for women are considered excellent vertical.
When you measure your vertical jump, there are three things that will happen. You’ll either be satisfied by your abilities. Sometimes you might feel the opposite, and desire a larger measurement. Or you may be amused and indifferent.
Vertical jumpers who are disappointed in their ability to leap high should feel relieved that there are so many methods to improve it.
But before that, why is there a need to increase your vertical leap? Do people who don’t practice sports have anything to gain in training their vertical leap?
While athletes have every reason to better their vertical jumps, it needs to be clarified for common folks as to what they can gain from doing the same.
That said, increasing your own vertical jump is still worth doing. After all, it has its own merits like:
- Improve Athletic Performance: Increasing your vertical jump can have a significant impact on your athletic performance in a variety of sports. Many athletic activities require jumping movements, such as basketball, volleyball, track and field, football, tennis, and more. Increasing your vertical jump will help you run faster, jump higher and be more explosive with each movement. Even outside of sports, improving your athletic performance is still something nice to have.
- Increase Strength: Improving your vertical jump involves focusing on certain muscle groups that help you generate power when you take off the ground. Increasing the strength of those muscles will make it easier to generate more power and height when you take off the ground. Of course, this increase in strength is useful even in daily life. No matter your field of work, any additional power from your body would prove useful in different situations.
- Better balance: Your core muscles are crucial for jumping. They provide stability in the air and help you to maintain your balance when you land on the ground. Working on improving these muscles will help you have better balance and control when landing from a jump or taking off for one. Balance is a skill that can be used in everyday life, just like strength. Good balance is essential for daily living.
- Better coordination: Jumping requires coordination among different muscle groups. Increasing your vertical jump can improve coordination and timing. Improved coordination can translate into improved performance in many sports that require jumping or rapid bursts. Just as with balance and strength, coordination is something that could prove useful to daily living.
We have now seen how improving your vertical can make you leap higher.
If you prefer visuals, Tom has posted a video review on his YouTube channel Smart Brandings Channel. You can still read our article to get a complete overview of Vert Shock.
What is Vert Sock: Along Overdue Overview We Jump Free Jump
Vert shock is an exercise program that increases vertical leap by strengthening the core and lower body. The program also helps improve one’s balance, stability, and coordination.
These exercises include jumping exercises, plyometrics and agility drills. Vert shock has many physical benefits, but athletes also gain mental clarity and confidence as they go through the program. We Jump Free Jump
Verts shock promises that it can help people increase their vertical jump of most people within 8 weeks. As such, it is no wonder that the product is targeted mostly at basketball and volleyball players who can begin dunking or spiking the ball as soon as possible.
Vert Shock was created by Adam Folker and Justin “Jus Fly” Darlington. Together they created a vertical training program that helps athletes increase their vertical jump by improving their speed, agility, power, and mobility. As mentioned above, the program consists of eight weeks of exercises designed to help athletes reach their maximum potential.
The program also includes nutrition advice and mental training tips to help athletes stay focused and motivated during the process.
How Does Vert Shock Work?
Vert Shock is an innovative program designed to help you increase your vertical jump. It has three phases: preshock, shock and postshock. Pre-shock prepares the body for shock by getting you used to doing higher exercise and muscle training.
During the shock phase, plyometrics are used to build explosiveness in the legs and core, while squatting works on building fast-twitch muscle fibers. During the post-shock phase, more intense workouts will be done to improve your jumping ability even further.
Overall, it will take 8 weeks of training to fully experience Vert Shock. Within that 8 weeks of training will be 41 workouts you will have to do regularly. These workouts can be as simple as static core and strength exercises, or more challenging high-impact power trainings. We Jump Free Jump
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
The Pre-Shock Phase
The Pre-shock phase of Vert shock is the first. In the pre-shock phase of Vert shock
Vert Shock’s pre-shock phase is intended to prepare athletes for the more intense training in the subsequent phases. You will be able to improve your strength, power, agility and coordination through a variety drills and stretches.
The pre-shock phase also emphasizes stretching and foam rolling to improve flexibility and decrease the chance of injury. This phase helps athletes develop proper movement patterns which will help them in the later phases.
To maximize the results of these exercises, you should perform each one with proper form and the full range of motion. Additionally, it is important to gradually increase speed or weight as your strength improves over time. By following these steps, you can ensure that your body will be ready to take on the challenge when you move on to the next phase of Vert Shock.
The Shock Phase
The Shock Phase of Vert Shock is the second phase of the program.
The second phase of Vert Shock’s program is called the Shock Phase. Designed for intermediate to advanced athletes, this phase focuses on building explosive power and strength for intermediate to advanced athletes. It is composed of three stages that gradually increase in difficulty and intensity. We Jump Free Jump
This phase focuses on heavy weight lifting, plyometrics, and bodyweight exercises like jumps and hops. This phase also emphasizes proper form and technique to ensure that any gains made are permanent and not temporary.
Athletes can expect to experience an increase in vertical jump height, improved coordination, and increased agility during the Shock Phase. This phase will also help athletes improve their overall fitness level, allowing them to perform better in all sports activities.
Vert Shock’s shock phase is designed to increase your vertical jump’s power, speed, explosiveness, and speed. During this phase, you will perform exercises such as box jumps, depth jumps, squat jumps, and single-leg hops to develop explosive strength.
Additionally, you will learn the proper form for each exercise to maximize its effectiveness and reduce the risk of injury. You can expect significant gains in your vertical jump height with consistent effort and dedication during this phase.
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
The Post Shock Phase
The Post Shock Phase is the last phase of the vert shock experience. The post-shock phase
In this phase, you will focus on using new exercises and strategies to continue to build strength, power, and explosiveness. This phase will help you keep your vertical jump and improve it as you go.
Post-shock includes a range of drills that target different movement patterns and muscle groups to improve your jump ability. These drills can either be done at the gym or at home using minimal equipment.
This phase also focuses on improving your form and technique to maximize your jumping potential. The post-shock phase includes nutrition and recovery strategies to make sure your body recovers from all the hard work.
It is also in the post-shock phase of the Vert Shock phase, where the focus is on improving the strength of your lower legs and reducing the likelihood of future injuries. During this phase, you will primarily focus on strengthening exercises that target the calves, hamstrings, quadriceps, and glutes.
Agility drills will be used to improve coordination and speed. Plyometric exercises will be used to enhance power and explosiveness in your vertical jump. Dynamic stretching will be used to loosen your muscles and increase flexibility. We Jump Free Jump
Vert Shock Expectations
Vert Shock, as it is advertised, promises to increase your vertical leap. It may seem like a simple statement but it can be deceiving.
You will reap the benefits of Vert Shock on your own. These include:
- Performance improvement in vertical jumping: This program focuses on strength and power exercises that increase explosiveness. You will be able to jump higher than you ever have before.
- Increased muscle mass: By building more muscle, you can make your body more powerful when jumping. This will allow you to leap higher and more confidently.
- Greater flexibility: Improving your flexibility helps you with your balance and coordination, both of which are necessary for a successful vertical leap.
- Reduction in injury risk: The Vert Shock exercises can be used to strengthen the muscles and joints, which will help to lower the chance of injuries when performing jumps or other activities that are related to basketball.
- Improved overall athleticism: Vert Shock focuses on developing a wide range of skills, from power and speed to agility and quickness, all designed to improve your overall athleticism and performance on the court or field.
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
Vert Shock Injury Concerns
While trying out Vert Shock can be tempting, especially for the gains you can get, It is still important to check if Vert Shock is the exercise for you.
Vert Shock is not recommended for use without consulting a qualified physician. Before attempting any new fitness program, it is important to understand any risks or possible side effects.
Additionally, ensure you are comfortable with the Vert Shock program before starting and have the proper equipment and space necessary to complete all the exercises.
Vert shock is just like any other exercise program. It is important to keep your injuries at bay. It is important to warm up before any exercise. This could include a light jog or dynamic stretching. To avoid injury, it is important to follow proper form while performing these exercises.
It is best to begin with light exercises, and increase intensity as your body adjusts. Finally, make sure to take breaks between sets and listen to your body if you experience any pain or discomfort. We Jump Free Jump
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
Vert Shock Price
Vert Shock is not a free program.
Vert Shock members get a login for their website when they pay. As such, you can only buy Vert Shock on their own websites. As a result, anyone trying to sell you Vert Shock outside the website is potentially there to scam you.
What do you get if you pay for Vert Shock, you ask?
Vert shock is a complete vertical jump training program. It will increase your vertical jump by as much as 9-15 inches in just 8 weeks.
The program is tailored specifically to basketball players. It includes detailed video instruction, a comprehensive nutrition guide, and access to the exclusive Vert Shock members group, where users can ask questions and get support.
It also includes a 60-day money-back guarantee to ensure that you’re making an investment that will pay off in the long run.
Vert Shock is regularly priced at $138, but at the time of writing, there is a limited-time discount offer of $67. That’s almost a 51% discount.
Vert Shock Verdict & Final Thoughts
The Vert Shock program has been very effective in my experience. Within 8 weeks, my vertical leap increased significantly. Before I was able to feel air as I jumped, it was difficult for me to feel any. Now, I feel that I can reach considerable heights. That may also be partly to losing some weight while doing the 8-week exercise.
However, everyone will experience the same thing. It’s important to note that Vert Shock is not a miracle solution or an instant fix for increasing your vertical jump. You will also need to put in a lot of effort and persevere until you see the results.
Completing the entire eight-week program was challenging, and there were times when I felt like giving up. I was able to track my progress by taking regular measurements of my jump. This kept me motivated.
In short, whether or not Vert Shock will work for you will depend on the effort and dedication you put into the program. If you’re willing to do the work, you can expect to see gains. It’s a waste if you don’t. We Jump Free Jump
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
Vert Shock Pros and Cons
Pros of Vert Shock
- It’s easy to follow: Vert shock is easy to understand and follows simple instructions. Each move can be explained in detail with videos.
- Convenience: You can access the Vert Shock program online, so you don’t have to go out of your way for it. Anyone who wishes to improve their vertical jump can do the exercises at home.
- Proven Results: The Vert Shock program has been proven by many athletes who have seen great results from using it, so you know it really works.
- Vert Shock is affordable: This program is more affordable than other programs available on the market. You don’t need to spend a lot to see amazing results.
The Cons of Using Vert shock
- It Can Be Expensive: The Vert Shock program is not cheap – the full 8-week program costs $67, which can be a lot for some people. Even more so with its original price of $138
- Results may vary: Like all programs, results can vary and results could be different for you.
- It requires consistency: In order to get the best out of Vert Shock, you need to be consistent and dedicated to your workouts and training schedule. This can sometimes prove difficult for some.
- Not Suitable for Beginners: The Vert Shock program is designed for advanced jumpers with a certain level of experience and skill with jumping. This might not be the best choice if you are just starting out.
Commonly Asked Questions about Vert Shock We Jump Free Jump
What am I paying for?
Paying for the Vert Shock Program entitles you to a whole workout program and service.
Your username and password will be sent to you via email. This will allow you to access Vert Shock’s members only portal. Here you can find all the resources and references you need for the Vert Shock Program. To fully utilize the Vert Shock program, you will require internet access.
How does it work?
Vert Shock uses strategic exercises and sets per repeat combinations to help you develop your elastic muscles fibers.
Do I require any equipment?
To access the tutorials and other resources, all you need is an internet connection. You don’t even need to have any exercise equipment in order to take part in the Vert Shock Program.
Vert Shock is a plyometric-oriented exercise, and as such, you will not need any weights or heavy lifting. This frees you up and allows you to work out at home, at the park, or anywhere else you prefer.
Is Vert Shock Safe?
Vert Shock is completely safe for all ages.
As with all exercise programs it is a good idea for you to check with your doctor or an expert to make sure your body can handle the intense exercise. Vert Shock is easy enough that anyone can do intense, heavy exercise.
What is the average length of my Vert Shock membership?
Your Vert shock Membership will last a lifetime.
It is accessible from anywhere and anytime. Vert Shock will not expire; you can log in to your account as often as you want.
What if I have an above-average vertical but it is still affecting me?
Vert Shock will still work even if you have a considerable vertical leap with some caveats.
Vert Shock can make your gains smaller than a newbie. However, you’ll still reap the benefits.