When recruiting potential athletes, recruiters consider the standing vertical jump. Recruiters can instantly tell how explosive an athlete looks by looking at their vertical jump. As such, the vertical jump or the vertical leap is one of the most useful measuring tools of one’s ability to display power, explosive strength, and the ability to utilize that said strength.
The vertical jump is an important measure of an athlete’s explosiveness and power. It tests how quickly one can move from standing to jumping as high as possible with the help of their legs.
For athletes who need to jump or sprint quickly, explosive power is crucial. This includes basketball, volleyball and track and field. Having a good vertical jump can give athletes an edge over their competition by enabling them to reach higher heights more effortlessly.
Athletes with high explosive power can generate more force from jumps, which can help to prevent injury. Overall, the vertical jump and one’s explosiveness are connected in that having strong leg muscles and being able to generate power quickly will result in a better vertical jump which can have great benefits on the field or court.
Some of the best athletes in their chosen sports fields have insane vertical jumps. The highest recorded vertical jump in the NBA is supposed to be 48 inches or 121.9 cm by Wilt Chamberlain. Michael Jordan, arguably one of the NBA’s greatest of all time and known for his electric and jaw-dropping airborne performance, is estimated to have a vertical jump as high as 46 inches or 116.8 cm.
Outside the NBA, some of the highest recorded vertical jumps include Olympic high jump gold medalist Dwight Stones, who was rumored to have a vertical jump of 50 inches or 127 cm, and NFL player James Robinson who reportedly has a 45 inches or 114.3 cm vertical jump.
Measuring your vertical jump is pretty simple. There are many advanced tools that can help you measure your vertical jump more accurately. However, a simple chalkboard and board will suffice. These are the tools you need to measure your vertical jump:
- Tape measure
- A wall or solid vertical surface
- A friend or coach to measure and observe
- A piece of tape is a good way to mark your starting point.
- Optional: a box, plyometric step platform, or another object to jump off.
You will need the following to measure your vertical leap:
- Stand with your feet roughly shoulder width apart and ensure the tape measure is placed on a flat surface.
- Reach up and grasp the top of the tape measure with one hand and keep it in place.
- Using your other hand, press down on the bottom of the tape measure to ensure it remains stationary.
- With your body standing upright, jump as high as you can, making sure to mark the highest point you reach on the tape measure with your finger or a marker.
- Measure from the floor to this point to determine your vertical jump height in inches or centimeters (depending on what unit of measurement you are using).
Bearing in mind that the average vertical jump for men is 16 to 20 inches while it is 12 to 16 inches for women. A person who can jump higher than this is considered to be above-average or very good at vertical jumping. People who measure their vertical jumps over 28 inches (for men) and 24 inches (for women) are considered to have excellent vertical.
Of course, there will be three things that will result once you measure your vertical leap. You’ll either be satisfied by your abilities. You might also feel the opposite and want a higher measurement, or you will be indifferent and amused.
Vertical jumpers who are disappointed in their ability to leap high should feel relieved that there are so many methods to improve it.
But before that, why is there a need to increase your vertical leap? Do people who don’t practice sports have anything to gain in training their vertical leap?
Although athletes have every right to improve their vertical jumps it is important that common people understand what they can get from the same.
That said, increasing your own vertical jump is still worth doing. It has its merits, such as:
- Improve Athletic Performance: Increasing your vertical jump can have a significant impact on your athletic performance in a variety of sports. Many athletic activities require jumping movements, such as basketball, volleyball, track and field, football, tennis, and more. Increasing your vertical jump will help you run faster, jump higher and be more explosive with each movement. Even outside of sports, improving your athletic performance is still something nice to have.
- Strengthen your Vertical Jump: Focus on the muscles that allow you to generate power from the ground. It will be easier to lift more weight and generate more power when you strengthen these muscles. This strength increase is also useful in everyday life. No matter what your job is, extra power would be a benefit in many situations.
- Better Balance: Core muscles play an important role when jumping because they provide stability while in the air and control your balance as you land back on the ground. Working on improving these muscles will help you have better balance and control when landing from a jump or taking off for one. Balance is a skill that can be used in everyday life, just like strength. Good balance is essential for daily living.
- Better coordination: Jumping requires coordination among different muscle groups. Increasing your vertical jump can improve coordination and timing. Improved coordination can translate into improved performance in many sports that require jumping or rapid bursts. Coordination is an important skill that can be used in daily life, just like balance and strength.
Now that we have seen what improving your vertical can let us find a way to make you jump higher.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Tom on his YouTube channel Smart Brandings Channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Vert Shock, you may still want to check out our article below.
What is Vert Sock? Along Overdue Overview Vertical Jump Power Calculator
Vert shock is an exercise program that increases vertical leap by strengthening the core and lower body. It also improves coordination, balance, stability, as well as coordination.
The exercises involve jumping exercises, plyometrics, agility drills, Olympic lifts, and various other movements that help build power in the legs and hips. Vert shock has many physical benefits, but athletes also gain mental clarity and confidence as they go through the program. Vertical Jump Power Calculator
Verts shock promises that it can help people increase their vertical jump of most people within 8 weeks. As such, it is no wonder that the product is targeted mostly at basketball and volleyball players who can begin dunking or spiking the ball as soon as possible.
Vert Shock was created by Adam Folker and Justin “Jus Fly” Darlington. Together they created a vertical training program that helps athletes increase their vertical jump by improving their speed, agility, power, and mobility. As mentioned above, the program consists of eight weeks of exercises designed to help athletes reach their maximum potential.
This program includes nutritional advice and mental training tips that will help athletes remain focused and motivated throughout the process.
How does Vert Shock work?
Vert Shock is an innovative program designed to help you increase your vertical jump. It consists of three phases: pre-shock, shock, and post-shock. Pre-shock prepares the body for shock by getting you used to doing higher exercise and muscle training.
Plyometrics and core exercises are used during the shock phase to increase explosiveness. Squatting is useful for building quick-twitch muscle fibers. During the post-shock phase, more intense workouts will be done to improve your jumping ability even further.
To fully experience Vert Shock, you will need to train for 8 weeks. There will be 41 workouts that you need to complete within the 8-week period of training. These workouts will range from simple strength training and static core workouts to the more daunting high-impact power workouts and the like. Vertical Jump Power Calculator
The Pre-Shock Phase
The Pre-shock phase of Vert shock is the first. The pre-shock phase is the first part of Vert shock.
The pre-shock phase of Vert Shock is designed to prepare the athlete’s body for the intense training that will take place in the later phases. This includes a variety of exercises, drills, and stretches that will improve strength, power, agility, balance, and coordination.
The pre-shock phase also emphasizes stretching and foam rolling to improve flexibility and decrease the chance of injury. Finally, this phase also helps athletes establish proper movement patterns that will be beneficial during the more advanced phases.
To maximize the results of these exercises, you should perform each one with proper form and the full range of motion. As your strength increases, you should gradually increase your speed and weight. These steps will ensure your body is ready for the next phase.
The Shock Phase
The second phase of Vert Shock’s program is called the Shock Phase.
The second phase of Vert Shock’s program is called the Shock Phase. Designed for intermediate to advanced athletes, this phase focuses on building explosive power and strength for intermediate to advanced athletes. It consists of three stages which progressively increase in intensity and difficulty. Vertical Jump Power Calculator
The exercises in this phase focus on plyometrics, heavy weight-lifting, and bodyweight exercises such as jumps and hops. This phase also emphasizes proper form and technique to ensure that any gains made are permanent and not temporary.
Athletes can expect to experience an increase in vertical jump height, improved coordination, and increased agility during the Shock Phase. This phase will also help athletes improve their overall fitness level, allowing them to perform better in all sports activities.
Vert Shock’s shock phase is designed to increase your vertical jump’s power, speed, explosiveness, and speed. During this phase, you will perform exercises such as box jumps, depth jumps, squat jumps, and single-leg hops to develop explosive strength.
Additionally, you will learn the proper form for each exercise to maximize its effectiveness and reduce the risk of injury. You can expect significant gains in your vertical jump height with consistent effort and dedication during this phase.
The Post Shock Phase
The Post Shock Phase, the final phase of the vert shock experience, is called the “Post Shock Phase”. In the post-shock phase
In this phase, you will focus on using new exercises and strategies to continue to build strength, power, and explosiveness. This phase will help you keep your vertical jump and improve it as you go.
Post-shock includes a range of drills that target different movement patterns and muscle groups to improve your jump ability. These drills can either be done at the gym or at home using minimal equipment.
Additionally, this phase focuses on developing proper form and technique so that you can maximize your jumping potential. The post-shock phase includes nutrition and recovery strategies to make sure your body recovers from all the hard work.
You will also find it in the Vert Shock Phase’s post-shock phase. Here, the emphasis is on strengthening your lower legs and reducing the risk of injury. This phase will focus on strengthening exercises for the quadriceps and calves.
Agility drills will be used to improve coordination and speed. Plyometric exercises will be used to enhance power and explosiveness in your vertical jump. Finally, you will be doing dynamic stretching to reduce tightness in your muscles and improve flexibility. Vertical Jump Power Calculator
Vert Shock Expectations
As the way it is marketed, Vert Shock promises to increase your vertical leap. While it might be such a simple statement, it is deceptively so.
Doing Vert Shock will give you some benefits on its own. Some of these include:
- Improved vertical jump performance: The program focuses on specific strength and power exercises that increase explosiveness, allowing you to jump higher than ever before.
- Increased muscle mass: By building more muscle, you can make your body more powerful when jumping. This will allow you to leap higher and more confidently.
- Greater flexibility: Increasing your flexibility will help you balance and coordinate, which is essential for success in vertical leaping.
- Reduction in injury risk: The Vert Shock exercises can be used to strengthen the muscles and joints, which will help to lower the chance of injuries when performing jumps or other activities that are related to basketball.
- You will have a better overall athleticism. Vert shock focuses on improving your power, speed, agility, and quickness. This is all to enhance your athleticism on the court and field.
Vert Shock Injury Concerns
While trying out Vert Shock can be tempting, especially for the gains you can get, It is still important to check if Vert Shock is the exercise for you.
Before trying out Vert Shock, you must consult a qualified medical professional to ensure that it is safe for you to do so. Before attempting any new fitness program, it is important to understand any risks or possible side effects.
Additionally, ensure you are comfortable with the Vert Shock program before starting and have the proper equipment and space necessary to complete all the exercises.
Vert shock is just like any other exercise program. It is important to keep your injuries at bay. Before any exercise, it is important to warm up. You could do this with a light jog, or dynamic stretching. To avoid injury, it is important to follow proper form while performing these exercises.
Additionally, it is best to start with lighter exercises and gradually increase the intensity over time as your body adapts. Finally, make sure to take breaks between sets and listen to your body if you experience any pain or discomfort. Vertical Jump Power Calculator
Vert Shock Price
Vert Shock is not a free program.
When you pay for Vert Shock, you get a membership log-in for their website. As such, you can only buy Vert Shock on their own websites. As a result, anyone trying to sell you Vert Shock outside the website is potentially there to scam you.
What do you get if you pay for Vert Shock, you ask?
When you purchase Vert Shock, you’re investing in a comprehensive vertical jump training program that will help you increase your vertical jump by up to 9-15 inches in as little as 8 weeks.
This program is specifically designed for basketball players. It includes detailed video instruction, a comprehensive nutrition guide, and access to the exclusive Vert Shock members group, where users can ask questions and get support.
It also includes a 60-day money-back guarantee to ensure that you’re making an investment that will pay off in the long run.
Vert Shock retails at $138 per unit, but there is currently a $67 discount. This is almost 51% off.
Vert Shock Verdict & Final Thoughts
In my experience, the Vert Shock program is pretty effective. In just 8 weeks, I saw a significant increase in my vertical leap. Before, I could barely feel some air when I jumped. Now, I feel that I can reach considerable heights. That may also be partly to losing some weight while doing the 8-week exercise.
That said, not everybody will have the same experience as me. It’s important to note that Vert Shock is not a miracle solution or an instant fix for increasing your vertical jump. You will also need to put in a lot of effort and persevere until you see the results.
Completing the entire eight-week program was challenging, and there were times when I felt like giving up. I was able to track my progress by taking regular measurements of my jump. This kept me motivated.
Vert Shock’s effectiveness will ultimately depend on how hard you work and the dedication you show. You can expect to make progress if you are willing to put in the effort. It’s a waste if you don’t. Vertical Jump Power Calculator
Pros and cons of Vert Shock
Pros of Vert Shock
- Easy to Follow: The Vert Shock program is designed to be easy to follow and understand, with step-by-step instructions and detailed videos that explain each move.
- Convenience: You can access the Vert Shock program online, so you don’t have to go out of your way for it. You can do the exercises in the comfort of your own home, making it very convenient for anyone who wants to improve their vertical jump.
- Vert shock has proven to work: Many athletes have experienced great results using the program.
- Vert Shock is affordable: This program is more affordable than other programs available on the market. You don’t need to spend a lot to see amazing results.
Cons of Using Vert Shock
- It Can Be Expensive: The Vert Shock program is not cheap – the full 8-week program costs $67, which can be a lot for some people. Even more so with its original price of $138
- Results May Vary: As with all programs, results will vary from person to person, and you may get different results than someone else.
- It requires consistency: In order to get the best out of Vert Shock, you need to be consistent and dedicated to your workouts and training schedule. This can sometimes prove difficult for some.
- Not suitable for beginners: The Vert Shock program was created for advanced jumpers who have a certain level and skill in jumping. This might not be the best choice if you are just starting out.
Commonly Asked Questions about Vert Shock Vertical Jump Power Calculator
What am I paying for?
The Vert Shock Program is a complete workout program that you can access by paying for it.
Your username and password will be sent to you via email. This will allow you to access Vert Shock’s members only portal. Here you can find all the resources and references you need for the Vert Shock Program. As such, you will need internet access to fully use the Vert Shock program.
What is the secret to it?
Vert Shock uses strategic exercises and sets per repeat combinations to help you develop your elastic muscles fibers.
Do I require any equipment?
To access the tutorials and other resources, all you need is an internet connection. You don’t even need to have any exercise equipment in order to take part in the Vert Shock Program.
Vert Shock, a plyometric exercise, is not suitable for heavy lifting or weight training. This allows you to exercise at home, in the park, or wherever else you like.
Is Vert Shock Safe?
Vert Shock is entirely safe for all ages.
However, just with all exercise programs, it is still a good idea to consult your physician or an expert if your body is fit enough to handle intense exercise. Vert Shock is easy enough that anyone can do intense, heavy exercise.
What is the average length of my Vert Shock membership?
Your Vert Shock Membership will last a lifetime.
It is accessible from anywhere and anytime. Vert shock will never expire. You can log in as many times as you like to your account.
What if I have an above-average vertical but it is still affecting me?
Vert Shock will still work even if you have a considerable vertical leap with some caveats.
Your gains might be much lesser when using Vert Shock compared that to a newbie, as you will surely