When recruiting potential athletes, recruiters consider the standing vertical jump. By looking at players and their vertical jump, they can immediately tell how explosive an athlete is. The vertical jump, or vertical leap, is a great way to gauge one’s power, explosive strength, as well as the ability to use that strength.
The vertical jump is an important measure of an athlete’s explosiveness and power. It tests how quickly one can move from standing to jumping as high as possible with the help of their legs.
For athletes who need to jump or sprint quickly, explosive power is crucial. This includes basketball, volleyball and track and field. Having a good vertical jump can give athletes an edge over their competition by enabling them to reach higher heights more effortlessly.
Athletes with high explosive power can generate more force from jumps, which can help to prevent injury. Overall, the vertical jump and one’s explosiveness are connected in that having strong leg muscles and being able to generate power quickly will result in a better vertical jump which can have great benefits on the field or court.
Some of the best athletes in their chosen sports fields have insane vertical jumps. Wilt Chamberlain is believed to have recorded a 48 inch or 121.9 cm vertical jump in the NBA. Michael Jordan, arguably one of the NBA’s greatest of all time and known for his electric and jaw-dropping airborne performance, is estimated to have a vertical jump as high as 46 inches or 116.8 cm.
Dwight Stones, the Olympic high jump gold medalist, was reported to have a vertical leap of 50 inches, or 127cm. James Robinson, a NFL player, reportedly has a 45 inch or 114.3 cm vertical leap.
It is easy to measure your vertical jump. While there are advanced tools to gauge your vertical more accurately, a simple chalk and board can be enough. These are the tools you need to measure your vertical jump:
- A tape measure
- A wall or solid vertical surface
- To measure and observe, a friend or coach
- Something to mark your starting point, such as a piece of tape
- Optional: a box, plyometric step platform, or another object to jump off.
You will need the following to measure your vertical leap:
- Stand with your feet roughly shoulder width apart and ensure the tape measure is placed on a flat surface.
- Grab the tape measure’s top with one hand, and reach up to grab it.
- To ensure that the tape measure remains stationary, use your other hand to press down on its bottom.
- Standing straight, stand up and jump high. Make sure you mark the highest point on the tape measure using your finger or a marker.
- Measure from the floor to this point to determine your vertical jump height in inches or centimeters (depending on what unit of measurement you are using).
Bearing in mind that the average vertical jump for men is 16 to 20 inches while it is 12 to 16 inches for women. A person who can jump higher than this is considered to be above-average or very good at vertical jumping. People who measure their vertical jumps over 28 inches (for men) and 24 inches (for women) are considered to have excellent vertical.
When you measure your vertical jump, there are three things that will happen. Either you will be happy with your ability or not. Sometimes you might feel the opposite, and desire a larger measurement. Or you may be amused and indifferent.
Vertical jumpers who are disappointed in their ability to leap high should feel relieved that there are so many methods to improve it.
But before that, why is there a need to increase your vertical leap? Do people who don’t practice sports have anything to gain in training their vertical leap?
Although athletes have every right to improve their vertical jumps it is important that common people understand what they can get from the same.
Nevertheless, it is worth increasing your vertical jump. It has its merits, such as:
- Increase Athletic Performance: Vertical jumps can make a big difference in athletic performance. Jumping is a key part of many athletic activities, including basketball, volleyball and track and field. Your vertical jump can help you run faster and jump higher, as well as make your movements more explosive. Even outside of sports, improving your athletic performance is still something nice to have.
- Increase Strength: Improving your vertical jump involves focusing on certain muscle groups that help you generate power when you take off the ground. Increasing the strength of those muscles will make it easier to generate more power and height when you take off the ground. This strength increase is also useful in everyday life. No matter what your job is, extra power would be a benefit in many situations.
- Better Balance: Core muscles play an important role when jumping because they provide stability while in the air and control your balance as you land back on the ground. You will be able to land from a jump and take off with greater control if you work on these muscles. Just as with strength, balance is something that can be useful in day-to-day living. Good balance is essential for daily living.
- Better coordination: Jumping requires coordination among different muscle groups. Increasing your vertical jump can improve coordination and timing. This improved coordination will translate into better performances in various sports activities that involve jumping or quick bursts of energy. Coordination is an important skill that can be used in daily life, just like balance and strength.
We have now seen how improving your vertical can make you leap higher.
If you prefer visuals, Tom has posted a video review on his YouTube channel Smart Brandings Channel. You can still read our article to get a complete overview of Vert Shock.
What is Vert Sock? Along Overdue Overview Vert Shock vs Jump Manual
Vert shock is an exercise program that increases vertical leap by strengthening the core and lower body. The program also helps improve one’s balance, stability, and coordination.
The exercises involve jumping exercises, plyometrics, agility drills, Olympic lifts, and various other movements that help build power in the legs and hips. In addition to the physical benefits of Vert Shock, athletes can also benefit from increased confidence and mental focus as they work through the program. Vert Shock vs Jump Manual
Vertshock claims that it will increase vertical jump for most people in just 8 weeks. As such, it is no wonder that the product is targeted mostly at basketball and volleyball players who can begin dunking or spiking the ball as soon as possible.
Vert Shock was created by Adam Folker and Justin “Jus Fly” Darlington. Together they created a vertical training program that helps athletes increase their vertical jump by improving their speed, agility, power, and mobility. As mentioned above, the program consists of eight weeks of exercises designed to help athletes reach their maximum potential.
The program also includes nutrition advice and mental training tips to help athletes stay focused and motivated during the process.
How does Vert Shock work?
Vert Shock, an innovative program that will increase your vertical leap, is designed to do just that. It has three phases: preshock, shock and postshock. The pre-shock phase prepares your body for the shock phase by getting your muscles used to jump higher exercises.
Plyometrics and core exercises are used during the shock phase to increase explosiveness. Squatting is useful for building quick-twitch muscle fibers. To improve your jumping abilities, you can do more intense exercises in the post-shock phase.
Overall, it will take 8 weeks of training to fully experience Vert Shock. There will be 41 workouts that you need to complete within the 8-week period of training. These workouts can be as simple as static core and strength exercises, or more challenging high-impact power trainings. Vert Shock vs Jump Manual
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
The Pre-Shock Phase
Vert Shock is divided into three parts, the first of which is the Pre-shock phase. The pre-shock phase is the first part of Vert shock.
Vert Shock’s pre-shock phase is intended to prepare athletes for the more intense training in the subsequent phases. You will be able to improve your strength, power, agility and coordination through a variety drills and stretches.
The pre-shock phase also emphasizes stretching and foam rolling to improve flexibility and decrease the chance of injury. Finally, this phase also helps athletes establish proper movement patterns that will be beneficial during the more advanced phases.
To maximize the results of these exercises, you should perform each one with proper form and the full range of motion. Additionally, it is important to gradually increase speed or weight as your strength improves over time. By following these steps, you can ensure that your body will be ready to take on the challenge when you move on to the next phase of Vert Shock.
The Shock Phase
The Shock Phase of Vert Shock is the second phase of the program.
The second phase of Vert Shock’s program is called the Shock Phase. Designed for intermediate to advanced athletes, this phase focuses on building explosive power and strength for intermediate to advanced athletes. It consists of three stages which progressively increase in intensity and difficulty. Vert Shock vs Jump Manual
This phase focuses on heavy weight lifting, plyometrics, and bodyweight exercises like jumps and hops. To ensure that gains are not temporary, this phase emphasizes correct form and technique.
Athletes can expect to experience an increase in vertical jump height, improved coordination, and increased agility during the Shock Phase. The Shock Phase will help athletes increase their fitness, which will allow them to excel in all activities.
The exercises in the shock phase of Vert Shock are designed to rapidly increase the power, speed, and explosiveness of your vertical jump. This phase will include single-leg hops, box jumps and depth jumps.
Additionally, you will learn the proper form for each exercise to maximize its effectiveness and reduce the risk of injury. You can expect significant gains in your vertical jump height with consistent effort and dedication during this phase.
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
The Post Shock Phase
The Post Shock Phase, the final phase of the vert shock experience, is called the “Post Shock Phase”. In the post-shock phase
This phase will be focused on new strategies and exercises to increase strength, power, explosiveness, and speed. This phase will help you keep your vertical jump and improve it as you go.
The post-shock phase includes a variety of drills that will target different muscle groups and movement patterns to help you become a better jumper. These drills can either be done at the gym or at home using minimal equipment.
This phase also focuses on improving your form and technique to maximize your jumping potential. The post-shock phase includes nutrition and recovery strategies to make sure your body recovers from all the hard work.
You will also find it in the Vert Shock Phase’s post-shock phase. Here, the emphasis is on strengthening your lower legs and reducing the risk of injury. During this phase, you will primarily focus on strengthening exercises that target the calves, hamstrings, quadriceps, and glutes.
You will also work on agility drills to help develop coordination and improve speed. Plyometric exercises will be used to enhance power and explosiveness in your vertical jump. Dynamic stretching will be used to loosen your muscles and increase flexibility. Vert Shock vs Jump Manual
Vert Shock Expectations
As the way it is marketed, Vert Shock promises to increase your vertical leap. It may seem like a simple statement but it can be deceiving.
Doing Vert Shock will give you some benefits on its own. Some of these include:
- Performance improvement in vertical jumping: This program focuses on strength and power exercises that increase explosiveness. You will be able to jump higher than you ever have before.
- You can increase your muscle mass. This will allow you to leap higher and more confidently.
- Greater flexibility: Increasing your flexibility will help you balance and coordinate, which is essential for success in vertical leaping.
- Reduced risk of injury: Some of the Vert Shock exercises help strengthen key muscles and joints to reduce the risk of injuries while performing jumps or other activities related to basketball or other sports.
- You will have a better overall athleticism. Vert shock focuses on improving your power, speed, agility, and quickness. This is all to enhance your athleticism on the court and field.
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
Vert Shock Injury Concerns
While trying out Vert Shock can be tempting, especially for the gains you can get, It is still important to check if Vert Shock is the exercise for you.
Before trying out Vert Shock, you must consult a qualified medical professional to ensure that it is safe for you to do so. Before attempting any new fitness program, it is important to understand any risks or possible side effects.
Also, make sure you are familiar with Vert Shock before beginning and that you have all the equipment and space required to complete the exercises.
As with all exercise programs, it is still important to avoid injury when practicing Vert Shock. Before any exercise, it is important to warm up. You could do this with a light jog, or dynamic stretching. To avoid injury, it is important to follow proper form while performing these exercises.
Additionally, it is best to start with lighter exercises and gradually increase the intensity over time as your body adapts. If you feel any discomfort or pain, take breaks between sets. Vert Shock vs Jump Manual
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
Vert Shock Price
A program as effective as Vert Shock is not free.
When you pay for Vert Shock, you get a membership log-in for their website. You can only purchase Vert Shock from their websites. As a result, anyone trying to sell you Vert Shock outside the website is potentially there to scam you.
So what do you get when you pay for Vert Shock?
Vert shock is a complete vertical jump training program. It will increase your vertical jump by as much as 9-15 inches in just 8 weeks.
The program is tailored specifically to basketball players. It includes detailed video instruction, a comprehensive nutrition guide, and access to the exclusive Vert Shock members group, where users can ask questions and get support.
You can also get a 60-day money back guarantee to make sure you are making a long-term investment.
Vert Shock retails at $138 per unit, but there is currently a $67 discount. This is almost 51% off.
Vert Shock Verdict and Final Thoughts
In my experience, the Vert Shock program is pretty effective. Within 8 weeks, my vertical leap increased significantly. Before, I could barely feel some air when I jumped. Now, I feel that I can reach considerable heights. This could also be due to the fact that I lost some weight during the eight-week exercise.
That said, not everybody will have the same experience as me. It’s important to note that Vert Shock is not a miracle solution or an instant fix for increasing your vertical jump. It also requires significant hard work and dedication to see results.
It was difficult to complete the eight-week program. There were many times when I wanted to quit. However, seeing my progress through regular measurements of my jump kept me motivated.
In short, whether or not Vert Shock will work for you will depend on the effort and dedication you put into the program. You can expect to make progress if you are willing to put in the effort. Otherwise, it’s a waste of money. Vert Shock vs Jump Manual
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
Pros and cons of Vert Shock
Pros of Vert Shock
- Easy to Follow: The Vert Shock program is designed to be easy to follow and understand, with step-by-step instructions and detailed videos that explain each move.
- Convenience: You can access the Vert Shock program online, so you don’t have to go out of your way for it. You can do the exercises in the comfort of your own home, making it very convenient for anyone who wants to improve their vertical jump.
- Vert shock has proven to work: Many athletes have experienced great results using the program.
- Vert Shock is affordable: This program is more affordable than other programs available on the market. You don’t need to spend a lot to see amazing results.
Cons of Using Vert Shock
- It can be expensive: The Vert shock program isn’t cheap. The full 8-week program runs $67. This can make it quite costly for some. This is even more when you consider the original price of $138
- Results May Vary: As with all programs, results will vary from person to person, and you may get different results than someone else.
- Requires Consistency: To get the most out of the Vert Shock program, it requires consistency and dedication to the workouts and training schedule, which can be difficult for some people.
- Not Suitable for Beginners: The Vert Shock program is designed for advanced jumpers with a certain level of experience and skill with jumping. This might not be the best choice if you are just starting out.
Vert Shock Frequently Asked Questions Vert Shock vs Jump Manual
What am I paying for?
Paying for the Vert Shock Program entitles you to a whole workout program and service.
You will gain access to your very own username and password that is sent via email. This will give you access to Vert Shock’s members-only portal, where you can get all the resources and references needed for the Vert Shock Program. To fully utilize the Vert Shock program, you will require internet access.
How does it work?
Vert Shock uses strategic exercises and sets per repeat combinations to help you develop your elastic muscles fibers.
Do I need any equipment?
Aside from an internet connection, to get the tutorials and resources, you will not need any exercise equipment to enjoy the Vert Shock Program.
Vert Shock, a plyometric exercise, is not suitable for heavy lifting or weight training. This allows you to exercise at home, in the park, or wherever else you like.
Is Vert Shock Safe?
Vert Shock is entirely safe for all ages.
However, just with all exercise programs, it is still a good idea to consult your physician or an expert if your body is fit enough to handle intense exercise. Apart from that, Vert Shock is simple enough that it is safe for anyone who is fit enough to do intense and heavy exercise.
What is the average length of my Vert Shock membership?
Your Vert shock Membership will last a lifetime.
You can access it anytime and anywhere. Vert Shock will not expire; you can log in to your account as often as you want.
What if I have an above-average vertical but it is still affecting me?
Vert Shock will still work even if you have a considerable vertical leap with some caveats.
Vert Shock can make your gains smaller than a newbie. However, you’ll still reap the benefits.