The standing vertical jump is one of the skills that recruiters look at when they look at a prospective athlete. By looking at players and their vertical jump, they can immediately tell how explosive an athlete is. As such, the vertical jump or the vertical leap is one of the most useful measuring tools of one’s ability to display power, explosive strength, and the ability to utilize that said strength.
The vertical jump is an important measure of an athlete’s explosiveness and power. It tests how quickly one can move from standing to jumping as high as possible with the help of their legs.
For athletes who need to jump or sprint quickly, explosive power is crucial. This includes basketball, volleyball and track and field. A good vertical jump can help athletes reach higher heights faster than their competitors.
Athletes with high explosive power can generate more force from jumps, which can help to prevent injury. Overall, the vertical jump and one’s explosiveness are connected in that having strong leg muscles and being able to generate power quickly will result in a better vertical jump which can have great benefits on the field or court.
Vertical jumps are a hallmark of some of the most skilled athletes in their chosen fields. The highest recorded vertical jump in the NBA is supposed to be 48 inches or 121.9 cm by Wilt Chamberlain. Michael Jordan, arguably one of the NBA’s greatest of all time and known for his electric and jaw-dropping airborne performance, is estimated to have a vertical jump as high as 46 inches or 116.8 cm.
Outside the NBA, some of the highest recorded vertical jumps include Olympic high jump gold medalist Dwight Stones, who was rumored to have a vertical jump of 50 inches or 127 cm, and NFL player James Robinson who reportedly has a 45 inches or 114.3 cm vertical jump.
Measuring your vertical jump is pretty simple. While there are advanced tools to gauge your vertical more accurately, a simple chalk and board can be enough. These are the tools you need to measure your vertical jump:
- Tape measure
- A wall or solid vertical surface
- To measure and observe, a friend or coach
- Something to mark your starting point, such as a piece of tape
- Optional: a box, plyometric step platform, or another object to jump off.
You will need the following to measure your vertical leap:
- Place the tape measure on a flat surface and stand with your feet about shoulder width apart.
- Grab the tape measure’s top with one hand, and reach up to grab it.
- To ensure that the tape measure remains stationary, use your other hand to press down on its bottom.
- With your body standing upright, jump as high as you can, making sure to mark the highest point you reach on the tape measure with your finger or a marker.
- Take a measurement from the floor to this point in order to calculate your vertical jump height. This will depend on which unit of measurement you use.
Bearing in mind that the average vertical jump for men is 16 to 20 inches while it is 12 to 16 inches for women. A person who can jump higher than this is considered to be above-average or very good at vertical jumping. People who measure their vertical jumps over 28 inches (for men) and 24 inches (for women) are considered to have excellent vertical.
Of course, there will be three things that will result once you measure your vertical leap. You’ll either be satisfied by your abilities. Sometimes you might feel the opposite, and desire a larger measurement. Or you may be amused and indifferent.
Vertical jumpers who are disappointed in their ability to leap high should feel relieved that there are so many methods to improve it.
But before that, why is there a need to increase your vertical leap? What do people who don’t exercise regularly have to gain from training their vertical leaps?
While athletes have every reason to better their vertical jumps, it needs to be clarified for common folks as to what they can gain from doing the same.
That said, increasing your own vertical jump is still worth doing. After all, it has its own merits like:
- Improve Athletic Performance: Increasing your vertical jump can have a significant impact on your athletic performance in a variety of sports. Jumping is a key part of many athletic activities, including basketball, volleyball and track and field. Your vertical jump can help you run faster and jump higher, as well as make your movements more explosive. Even outside of sports, improving your athletic performance is still something nice to have.
- Increase Strength: Improving your vertical jump involves focusing on certain muscle groups that help you generate power when you take off the ground. It will be easier to lift more weight and generate more power when you strengthen these muscles. This strength increase is also useful in everyday life. No matter what your job is, extra power would be a benefit in many situations.
- Better Balance: Core muscles play an important role when jumping because they provide stability while in the air and control your balance as you land back on the ground. You will be able to land from a jump and take off with greater control if you work on these muscles. Balance is a skill that can be used in everyday life, just like strength. Good balance is essential for daily living.
- Better coordination: Jumping requires coordination among different muscle groups. Increasing your vertical jump can improve coordination and timing. Improved coordination can translate into improved performance in many sports that require jumping or rapid bursts. Coordination is an important skill that can be used in daily life, just like balance and strength.
We have now seen how improving your vertical can make you leap higher.
If you prefer visuals, Tom has posted a video review on his YouTube channel Smart Brandings Channel. You can still read our article to get a complete overview of Vert Shock.
What is Vert Sock: Along Overdue Overview Vert Shock vs Dexa
Vert Shock is an exercise program that aims to increase the vertical jump of an individual by focusing on strengthening the lower body, core, and upper body. It also improves coordination, balance, stability, as well as coordination.
These exercises include jumping exercises, plyometrics and agility drills. In addition to the physical benefits of Vert Shock, athletes can also benefit from increased confidence and mental focus as they work through the program. Vert Shock vs Dexa
Verts shock promises that it can help people increase their vertical jump of most people within 8 weeks. As such, it is no wonder that the product is targeted mostly at basketball and volleyball players who can begin dunking or spiking the ball as soon as possible.
Adam Folker and Justin Darlington created Vert Shock. They created Vert Shock, a vertical training program for athletes that increases vertical jump. It helps them improve their speed, agility and power as well as their mobility. The program is eight weeks long and includes exercises that help athletes reach their full potential.
The program also includes nutrition advice and mental training tips to help athletes stay focused and motivated during the process.
How does Vert Shock work?
Vert Shock is an innovative program designed to help you increase your vertical jump. It has three phases: preshock, shock and postshock. Pre-shock prepares the body for shock by getting you used to doing higher exercise and muscle training.
During the shock phase, plyometrics are used to build explosiveness in the legs and core, while squatting works on building fast-twitch muscle fibers. To improve your jumping abilities, you can do more intense exercises in the post-shock phase.
Overall, it will take 8 weeks of training to fully experience Vert Shock. Within that 8 weeks of training will be 41 workouts you will have to do regularly. These workouts will range from simple strength training and static core workouts to the more daunting high-impact power workouts and the like. Vert Shock vs Dexa
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
The Pre-Shock Phase
Vert Shock is divided into three parts, the first of which is the Pre-shock phase. In the pre-shock phase of Vert shock
The pre-shock phase of Vert Shock is designed to prepare the athlete’s body for the intense training that will take place in the later phases. This includes a variety of exercises, drills, and stretches that will improve strength, power, agility, balance, and coordination.
The pre-shock phase also emphasizes stretching and foam rolling to improve flexibility and decrease the chance of injury. This phase helps athletes develop proper movement patterns which will help them in the later phases.
To maximize the results of these exercises, you should perform each one with proper form and the full range of motion. Additionally, it is important to gradually increase speed or weight as your strength improves over time. These steps will ensure your body is ready for the next phase.
The Shock Phase
The second phase of Vert Shock’s program is called the Shock Phase.
The second phase of Vert Shock’s program is called the Shock Phase. This phase is for advanced to intermediate athletes and focuses on explosive power and strength building for advanced to intermediate athletes. It consists of three stages which progressively increase in intensity and difficulty. Vert Shock vs Dexa
This phase focuses on heavy weight lifting, plyometrics, and bodyweight exercises like jumps and hops. To ensure that gains are not temporary, this phase emphasizes correct form and technique.
Athletes can expect to experience an increase in vertical jump height, improved coordination, and increased agility during the Shock Phase. The Shock Phase will help athletes increase their fitness, which will allow them to excel in all activities.
Vert Shock’s shock phase is designed to increase your vertical jump’s power, speed, explosiveness, and speed. This phase will include single-leg hops, box jumps and depth jumps.
You will also learn how to properly perform each exercise, which will increase its effectiveness and decrease the chance of injury. You can expect significant gains in your vertical jump height with consistent effort and dedication during this phase.
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
The Post Shock Phase
The Post Shock Phase is the last phase of the vert shock experience. The post-shock phase
In this phase, you will focus on using new exercises and strategies to continue to build strength, power, and explosiveness. This phase is designed to help you maintain your newfound vertical jump ability while improving it as you progress.
The post-shock phase includes a variety of drills that will target different muscle groups and movement patterns to help you become a better jumper. These drills can either be done at the gym or at home using minimal equipment.
This phase also focuses on improving your form and technique to maximize your jumping potential. The post-shock phase includes nutrition and recovery strategies to make sure your body recovers from all the hard work.
It is also in the post-shock phase of the Vert Shock phase, where the focus is on improving the strength of your lower legs and reducing the likelihood of future injuries. During this phase, you will primarily focus on strengthening exercises that target the calves, hamstrings, quadriceps, and glutes.
You will also work on agility drills to help develop coordination and improve speed. Plyometric exercises will be used to enhance power and explosiveness in your vertical jump. Finally, you will be doing dynamic stretching to reduce tightness in your muscles and improve flexibility. Vert Shock vs Dexa
Vert Shock Expectations
As the way it is marketed, Vert Shock promises to increase your vertical leap. While it might be such a simple statement, it is deceptively so.
You will reap the benefits of Vert Shock on your own. Some of these include:
- Improved vertical jump performance: The program focuses on specific strength and power exercises that increase explosiveness, allowing you to jump higher than ever before.
- You can increase your muscle mass. This will help you reach new heights in your leaping ability.
- Greater flexibility: Increasing your flexibility will help you balance and coordinate, which is essential for success in vertical leaping.
- Reduction in injury risk: The Vert Shock exercises can be used to strengthen the muscles and joints, which will help to lower the chance of injuries when performing jumps or other activities that are related to basketball.
- You will have a better overall athleticism. Vert shock focuses on improving your power, speed, agility, and quickness. This is all to enhance your athleticism on the court and field.
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
Vert Shock Injury Concerns
While trying out Vert Shock can be tempting, especially for the gains you can get, It is still important to check if Vert Shock is the exercise for you.
Before trying out Vert Shock, you must consult a qualified medical professional to ensure that it is safe for you to do so. Before attempting any new fitness program, it is important to understand any risks or possible side effects.
Additionally, ensure you are comfortable with the Vert Shock program before starting and have the proper equipment and space necessary to complete all the exercises.
Vert shock is just like any other exercise program. It is important to keep your injuries at bay. It is important to warm up before any exercise. You could do this with a light jog, or dynamic stretching. To avoid injury, it is important to follow proper form while performing these exercises.
Additionally, it is best to start with lighter exercises and gradually increase the intensity over time as your body adapts. If you feel any discomfort or pain, take breaks between sets. Vert Shock vs Dexa
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
Vert Shock Price
Vert Shock is not a free program.
When you pay for Vert Shock, you get a membership log-in for their website. As such, you can only buy Vert Shock on their own websites. Anyone trying to sell Vert Shock to you outside of the website could be trying to scam you.
What do you get if you pay for Vert Shock, you ask?
Vert shock is a complete vertical jump training program. It will increase your vertical jump by as much as 9-15 inches in just 8 weeks.
This program is specifically designed for basketball players. It includes detailed video instruction, a comprehensive nutrition guide, and access to the exclusive Vert Shock members group, where users can ask questions and get support.
You can also get a 60-day money back guarantee to make sure you are making a long-term investment.
Vert Shock retails at $138 per unit, but there is currently a $67 discount. This is almost 51% off.
Vert Shock Verdict & Final Thoughts
The Vert Shock program has been very effective in my experience. Within 8 weeks, my vertical leap increased significantly. Before, I could barely feel some air when I jumped. Right now, I feel like I do reach a considerable height. This could also be due to the fact that I lost some weight during the eight-week exercise.
However, everyone will experience the same thing. It’s important to note that Vert Shock is not a miracle solution or an instant fix for increasing your vertical jump. It also requires significant hard work and dedication to see results.
It was difficult to complete the eight-week program. There were many times when I wanted to quit. I was able to track my progress by taking regular measurements of my jump. This kept me motivated.
Vert Shock’s effectiveness will ultimately depend on how hard you work and the dedication you show. If you’re willing to do the work, you can expect to see gains. Otherwise, it’s a waste of money. Vert Shock vs Dexa
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
Pros and cons of Vert Shock
Pros of Vert Shock
- Easy to Follow: The Vert Shock program is designed to be easy to follow and understand, with step-by-step instructions and detailed videos that explain each move.
- Convenience: Vert Shock can be accessed online so that you don’t need to travel far. Anyone who wishes to improve their vertical jump can do the exercises at home.
- Proven Results: The Vert Shock program has been proven by many athletes who have seen great results from using it, so you know it really works.
- Vert Shock is affordable: This program is more affordable than other programs available on the market. You don’t need to spend a lot to see amazing results.
Cons of Using Vert Shock
- It can be expensive: The Vert shock program isn’t cheap. The full 8-week program runs $67. This can make it quite costly for some. This is even more when you consider the original price of $138
- Results may vary: Like all programs, results can vary and results could be different for you.
- Requires Consistency: To get the most out of the Vert Shock program, it requires consistency and dedication to the workouts and training schedule, which can be difficult for some people.
- Not Suitable for Beginners: The Vert Shock program is designed for advanced jumpers with a certain level of experience and skill with jumping. This might not be the best choice if you are just starting out.
Commonly Asked Questions about Vert Shock Vert Shock vs Dexa
What are I paying for?
Paying for the Vert Shock Program entitles you to a whole workout program and service.
You will gain access to your very own username and password that is sent via email. This will allow you to access Vert Shock’s members only portal. Here you can find all the resources and references you need for the Vert Shock Program. To fully utilize the Vert Shock program, you will require internet access.
How does it work?
Vert Shock uses strategic exercises and sets per repeat combinations to help you develop your elastic muscles fibers.
Do I require any equipment?
Aside from an internet connection, to get the tutorials and resources, you will not need any exercise equipment to enjoy the Vert Shock Program.
Vert Shock is a plyometric-oriented exercise, and as such, you will not need any weights or heavy lifting. This frees you up and allows you to work out at home, at the park, or anywhere else you prefer.
Is Vert Shock Safe?
Vert Shock is entirely safe for all ages.
As with all exercise programs it is a good idea for you to check with your doctor or an expert to make sure your body can handle the intense exercise. Vert Shock is easy enough that anyone can do intense, heavy exercise.
What is the average length of my Vert Shock membership?
Your Vert shock Membership will last a lifetime.
It is accessible from anywhere and anytime. Vert shock will never expire. You can log in as many times as you like to your account.
What if I have an above-average vertical but it is still affecting me?
Vert Shock is still effective even if there are some limitations.
Your gains might be much lesser when using Vert Shock compared that to a newbie, as you will surely