The standing vertical jump is one of the skills that recruiters look at when they look at a prospective athlete. Recruiters can instantly tell how explosive an athlete looks by looking at their vertical jump. As such, the vertical jump or the vertical leap is one of the most useful measuring tools of one’s ability to display power, explosive strength, and the ability to utilize that said strength.
Vertical jumping is a key indicator of an athlete’s power and explosiveness. It tests how quickly one can move from standing to jumping as high as possible with the help of their legs.
For athletes who need to jump or sprint quickly, explosive power is crucial. This includes basketball, volleyball and track and field. A good vertical jump can help athletes reach higher heights faster than their competitors.
Additionally, having good explosive power allows athletes to create more force when they land from a jump which can help them stay injury free. The vertical jump and explosiveness are interrelated. Strong leg muscles and the ability to quickly generate power will lead to a higher vertical jump, which can be very beneficial on the court or field.
Vertical jumps are a hallmark of some of the most skilled athletes in their chosen fields. Wilt Chamberlain is believed to have recorded a 48 inch or 121.9 cm vertical jump in the NBA. Michael Jordan, undoubtedly one of the greatest players in the NBA, was known for his jaw-dropping aerial performance and a vertical jump of 46 inches (or 116.8 cm).
Dwight Stones, the Olympic high jump gold medalist, was reported to have a vertical leap of 50 inches, or 127cm. James Robinson, a NFL player, reportedly has a 45 inch or 114.3 cm vertical leap.
Measuring your vertical jump is pretty simple. While there are advanced tools to gauge your vertical more accurately, a simple chalk and board can be enough. These are the tools you need to measure your vertical jump:
- Tape measure
- A wall or solid vertical surface
- A friend or coach to measure and observe
- Something to mark your starting point, such as a piece of tape
- Optional: a box, plyometric step platform, or another object to jump off.
You will need the following to measure your vertical leap:
- Stand with your feet roughly shoulder width apart and ensure the tape measure is placed on a flat surface.
- Reach up and grasp the top of the tape measure with one hand and keep it in place.
- Using your other hand, press down on the bottom of the tape measure to ensure it remains stationary.
- Standing straight, stand up and jump high. Make sure you mark the highest point on the tape measure using your finger or a marker.
- Measure from the floor to this point to determine your vertical jump height in inches or centimeters (depending on what unit of measurement you are using).
Keep in mind that men have a vertical jump of 16-20 inches, while women’s average is 12-16 inches. Higher than that, one is considered to have an above-average to very good vertical jump. Individuals with vertical jumps greater than 28 inches for men and 24 inches for women are considered excellent vertical.
Of course, there will be three things that will result once you measure your vertical leap. Either you will be happy with your ability or not. Sometimes you might feel the opposite, and desire a larger measurement. Or you may be amused and indifferent.
Vertical jumpers who are disappointed in their ability to leap high should feel relieved that there are so many methods to improve it.
But before that, why is there a need to increase your vertical leap? What do people who don’t exercise regularly have to gain from training their vertical leaps?
While athletes have every reason to better their vertical jumps, it needs to be clarified for common folks as to what they can gain from doing the same.
That said, increasing your own vertical jump is still worth doing. After all, it has its own merits like:
- Improve Athletic Performance: Increasing your vertical jump can have a significant impact on your athletic performance in a variety of sports. Jumping is a key part of many athletic activities, including basketball, volleyball and track and field. Increasing your vertical jump will help you run faster, jump higher and be more explosive with each movement. It is possible to improve your athletic performance even outside of sports.
- Strengthen your Vertical Jump: Focus on the muscles that allow you to generate power from the ground. Increasing the strength of those muscles will make it easier to generate more power and height when you take off the ground. Of course, this increase in strength is useful even in daily life. No matter what your job is, extra power would be a benefit in many situations.
- Better balance: Your core muscles are crucial for jumping. They provide stability in the air and help you to maintain your balance when you land on the ground. Working on improving these muscles will help you have better balance and control when landing from a jump or taking off for one. Balance is a skill that can be used in everyday life, just like strength. Having good
- Improved Coordination: As jumping requires coordination between different muscle groups throughout your body, increasing your vertical jump can help improve the coordination and timing of those movements. Improved coordination can translate into improved performance in many sports that require jumping or rapid bursts. Just as with balance and strength, coordination is something that could prove useful to daily living.
We have now seen how improving your vertical can make you leap higher.
If you prefer visuals, Tom has posted a video review on his YouTube channel Smart Brandings Channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Vert Shock, you may still want to check out our article below.
What is Vert Sock: Along Overdue Overview Press X To Jump
Vert shock is an exercise program that increases vertical leap by strengthening the core and lower body. The program also helps improve one’s balance, stability, and coordination.
These exercises include jumping exercises, plyometrics and agility drills. Vert shock has many physical benefits, but athletes also gain mental clarity and confidence as they go through the program. Press X To Jump
Vertshock claims that it will increase vertical jump for most people in just 8 weeks. As such, it is no wonder that the product is targeted mostly at basketball and volleyball players who can begin dunking or spiking the ball as soon as possible.
Adam Folker and Justin Darlington created Vert Shock. Together they created a vertical training program that helps athletes increase their vertical jump by improving their speed, agility, power, and mobility. The program is eight weeks long and includes exercises that help athletes reach their full potential.
This program includes nutritional advice and mental training tips that will help athletes remain focused and motivated throughout the process.
How does Vert Shock work?
Vert Shock is an innovative program designed to help you increase your vertical jump. It has three phases: preshock, shock and postshock. Pre-shock prepares the body for shock by getting you used to doing higher exercise and muscle training.
Plyometrics and core exercises are used during the shock phase to increase explosiveness. Squatting is useful for building quick-twitch muscle fibers. During the post-shock phase, more intense workouts will be done to improve your jumping ability even further.
To fully experience Vert Shock, you will need to train for 8 weeks. Within that 8 weeks of training will be 41 workouts you will have to do regularly. These workouts can be as simple as static core and strength exercises, or more challenging high-impact power trainings. Press X To Jump
The Pre-Shock Phase
The Pre-shock phase of Vert shock is the first. In the pre-shock phase of Vert shock
Vert Shock’s pre-shock phase is intended to prepare athletes for the more intense training in the subsequent phases. This includes a variety of exercises, drills, and stretches that will improve strength, power, agility, balance, and coordination.
Additionally, the pre-shock phase emphasizes proper stretching and foam rolling techniques to increase flexibility and reduce the risk of injury during the program. This phase helps athletes develop proper movement patterns which will help them in the later phases.
To maximize the results of these exercises, you should perform each one with proper form and the full range of motion. Additionally, it is important to gradually increase speed or weight as your strength improves over time. By following these steps, you can ensure that your body will be ready to take on the challenge when you move on to the next phase of Vert Shock.
The Shock Phase
The second phase of Vert Shock’s program is called the Shock Phase.
The second phase of Vert Shock’s program is called the Shock Phase. This phase is for advanced to intermediate athletes and focuses on explosive power and strength building for advanced to intermediate athletes. It consists of three stages which progressively increase in intensity and difficulty. Press X To Jump
The exercises in this phase focus on plyometrics, heavy weight-lifting, and bodyweight exercises such as jumps and hops. To ensure that gains are not temporary, this phase emphasizes correct form and technique.
During the Shock Phase, athletes can expect to see an increase in their vertical jump height and improved coordination and agility. This phase will also help athletes improve their overall fitness level, allowing them to perform better in all sports activities.
Vert Shock’s shock phase is designed to increase your vertical jump’s power, speed, explosiveness, and speed. During this phase, you will perform exercises such as box jumps, depth jumps, squat jumps, and single-leg hops to develop explosive strength.
Additionally, you will learn the proper form for each exercise to maximize its effectiveness and reduce the risk of injury. You can expect significant gains in your vertical jump height with consistent effort and dedication during this phase.
The Post Shock Phase
The Post Shock Phase, the final phase of the vert shock experience, is called the “Post Shock Phase”. In the post-shock phase
In this phase, you will focus on using new exercises and strategies to continue to build strength, power, and explosiveness. This phase is designed to help you maintain your newfound vertical jump ability while improving it as you progress.
Post-shock includes a range of drills that target different movement patterns and muscle groups to improve your jump ability. These drills can either be done at the gym or at home using minimal equipment.
This phase also focuses on improving your form and technique to maximize your jumping potential. Finally, the post-shock phase also includes nutrition and recovery strategies to ensure that your body is recovering properly from all of the hard work you’re putting in.
It is also in the post-shock phase of the Vert Shock phase, where the focus is on improving the strength of your lower legs and reducing the likelihood of future injuries. During this phase, you will primarily focus on strengthening exercises that target the calves, hamstrings, quadriceps, and glutes.
You will also work on agility drills to help develop coordination and improve speed. Plyometric exercises will be used to enhance power and explosiveness in your vertical jump. Finally, you will be doing dynamic stretching to reduce tightness in your muscles and improve flexibility. Press X To Jump
Vert Shock Expectations
As the way it is marketed, Vert Shock promises to increase your vertical leap. It may seem like a simple statement but it can be deceiving.
Doing Vert Shock will give you some benefits on its own. These include:
- Performance improvement in vertical jumping: This program focuses on strength and power exercises that increase explosiveness. You will be able to jump higher than you ever have before.
- Increased muscle mass: By building more muscle, you can make your body more powerful when jumping. This will allow you to leap higher and more confidently.
- Greater flexibility: Increasing your flexibility will help you balance and coordinate, which is essential for success in vertical leaping.
- Reduction in injury risk: The Vert Shock exercises can be used to strengthen the muscles and joints, which will help to lower the chance of injuries when performing jumps or other activities that are related to basketball.
- Improved overall athleticism: Vert Shock focuses on developing a wide range of skills, from power and speed to agility and quickness, all designed to improve your overall athleticism and performance on the court or field.
Vert Shock Injury Concerns
While trying out Vert Shock can be tempting, especially for the gains you can get, It is still important to check if Vert Shock is the exercise for you.
Before trying out Vert Shock, you must consult a qualified medical professional to ensure that it is safe for you to do so. It is important to fully understand the risks and possible side effects of any new exercise program before you begin.
Additionally, ensure you are comfortable with the Vert Shock program before starting and have the proper equipment and space necessary to complete all the exercises.
Vert shock is just like any other exercise program. It is important to keep your injuries at bay. It is important to warm up before any exercise. You could do this with a light jog, or dynamic stretching. It is also important to practice proper form when performing the exercises to avoid injuries.
Additionally, it is best to start with lighter exercises and gradually increase the intensity over time as your body adapts. Finally, make sure to take breaks between sets and listen to your body if you experience any pain or discomfort. Press X To Jump
Vert Shock Price
A program as effective as Vert Shock is not free.
Vert Shock members get a login for their website when they pay. As such, you can only buy Vert Shock on their own websites. Anyone trying to sell Vert Shock to you outside of the website could be trying to scam you.
What do you get if you pay for Vert Shock, you ask?
Vert shock is a complete vertical jump training program. It will increase your vertical jump by as much as 9-15 inches in just 8 weeks.
The program is tailored specifically to basketball players. It includes detailed video instruction, a comprehensive nutrition guide, and access to the exclusive Vert Shock members group, where users can ask questions and get support.
You can also get a 60-day money back guarantee to make sure you are making a long-term investment.
Vert Shock retails at $138 per unit, but there is currently a $67 discount. This is almost 51% off.
Vert Shock Verdict and Final Thoughts
In my experience, the Vert Shock program is pretty effective. Within 8 weeks, my vertical leap increased significantly. Before, I could barely feel some air when I jumped. Now, I feel that I can reach considerable heights. That may also be partly to losing some weight while doing the 8-week exercise.
That said, not everybody will have the same experience as me. It’s important to note that Vert Shock is not a miracle solution or an instant fix for increasing your vertical jump. It also requires significant hard work and dedication to see results.
Completing the entire eight-week program was challenging, and there were times when I felt like giving up. I was able to track my progress by taking regular measurements of my jump. This kept me motivated.
Vert Shock’s effectiveness will ultimately depend on how hard you work and the dedication you show. You can expect to make progress if you are willing to put in the effort. It’s a waste if you don’t. Press X To Jump
Pros and cons of Vert Shock
Pros of Vert Shock
- It’s easy to follow: Vert shock is easy to understand and follows simple instructions. Each move can be explained in detail with videos.
- Convenience: Vert Shock can be accessed online so that you don’t need to travel far. Anyone who wishes to improve their vertical jump can do the exercises at home.
- Vert shock has proven to work: Many athletes have experienced great results using the program.
- Vert Shock is affordable: This program is more affordable than other programs available on the market. You don’t need to spend a lot to see amazing results.
Cons of Using Vert Shock
- It can be expensive: The Vert shock program isn’t cheap. The full 8-week program runs $67. This can make it quite costly for some. This is even more when you consider the original price of $138
- Results may vary: Like all programs, results can vary and results could be different for you.
- Requires Consistency: To get the most out of the Vert Shock program, it requires consistency and dedication to the workouts and training schedule, which can be difficult for some people.
- Not Suitable for Beginners: The Vert Shock program is designed for advanced jumpers with a certain level of experience and skill with jumping. If you’re just starting out, this might not be your best option.
Vert Shock Frequently Asked Questions Press X To Jump
What are I paying for?
Paying for the Vert Shock Program entitles you to a whole workout program and service.
You will gain access to your very own username and password that is sent via email. This will allow you to access Vert Shock’s members only portal. Here you can find all the resources and references you need for the Vert Shock Program. To fully utilize the Vert Shock program, you will require internet access.
How does it work?
Vert Shock employs strategic exercises and sets per repetition combinations to focus on developing your elastic muscle fibers.
Do I require any equipment?
Aside from an internet connection, to get the tutorials and resources, you will not need any exercise equipment to enjoy the Vert Shock Program.
Vert Shock is a plyometric-oriented exercise, and as such, you will not need any weights or heavy lifting. This frees you up and allows you to work out at home, at the park, or anywhere else you prefer.
Is Vert Shock Safe?
Vert Shock is entirely safe for all ages.
As with all exercise programs it is a good idea for you to check with your doctor or an expert to make sure your body can handle the intense exercise. Apart from that, Vert Shock is simple enough that it is safe for anyone who is fit enough to do intense and heavy exercise.
How long does my Vert Shock Membership last?
Your Vert shock Membership will last a lifetime.
It is accessible from anywhere and anytime. Vert shock will never expire. You can log in as many times as you like to your account.
Will it affect me even if I already have an above-average vertical?
Vert Shock will still work even if you have a considerable vertical leap with some caveats.
Your gains might be much lesser when using Vert Shock compared that to a newbie, as you will surely