The standing vertical jump is one of the skills that recruiters look at when they look at a prospective athlete. By looking at players and their vertical jump, they can immediately tell how explosive an athlete is. As such, the vertical jump or the vertical leap is one of the most useful measuring tools of one’s ability to display power, explosive strength, and the ability to utilize that said strength.
The vertical jump is an important measure of an athlete’s explosiveness and power. This test measures how fast one can jump from standing to jumping as high with their legs.
For athletes who need to jump or sprint quickly, explosive power is crucial. This includes basketball, volleyball and track and field. Having a good vertical jump can give athletes an edge over their competition by enabling them to reach higher heights more effortlessly.
Athletes with high explosive power can generate more force from jumps, which can help to prevent injury. The vertical jump and explosiveness are interrelated. Strong leg muscles and the ability to quickly generate power will lead to a higher vertical jump, which can be very beneficial on the court or field.
Vertical jumps are a hallmark of some of the most skilled athletes in their chosen fields. The highest recorded vertical jump in the NBA is supposed to be 48 inches or 121.9 cm by Wilt Chamberlain. Michael Jordan, undoubtedly one of the greatest players in the NBA, was known for his jaw-dropping aerial performance and a vertical jump of 46 inches (or 116.8 cm).
Dwight Stones, the Olympic high jump gold medalist, was reported to have a vertical leap of 50 inches, or 127cm. James Robinson, a NFL player, reportedly has a 45 inch or 114.3 cm vertical leap.
It is easy to measure your vertical jump. While there are advanced tools to gauge your vertical more accurately, a simple chalk and board can be enough. To measure your vertical jump, you will need the following:
- A tape measure
- A wall or solid vertical surface
- To measure and observe, a friend or coach
- A piece of tape is a good way to mark your starting point.
- Optional: a box, plyometric step platform, or another object to jump off.
You will need the following to measure your vertical leap:
- Stand with your feet roughly shoulder width apart and ensure the tape measure is placed on a flat surface.
- Reach up and grasp the top of the tape measure with one hand and keep it in place.
- To ensure that the tape measure remains stationary, use your other hand to press down on its bottom.
- With your body standing upright, jump as high as you can, making sure to mark the highest point you reach on the tape measure with your finger or a marker.
- Take a measurement from the floor to this point in order to calculate your vertical jump height. This will depend on which unit of measurement you use.
Bearing in mind that the average vertical jump for men is 16 to 20 inches while it is 12 to 16 inches for women. A person who can jump higher than this is considered to be above-average or very good at vertical jumping. People who measure their vertical jumps over 28 inches (for men) and 24 inches (for women) are considered to have excellent vertical.
When you measure your vertical jump, there are three things that will happen. You’ll either be satisfied by your abilities. Sometimes you might feel the opposite, and desire a larger measurement. Or you may be amused and indifferent.
Vertical jumpers who are disappointed in their ability to leap high should feel relieved that there are so many methods to improve it.
But before that, why is there a need to increase your vertical leap? Do people who don’t practice sports have anything to gain in training their vertical leap?
Although athletes have every right to improve their vertical jumps it is important that common people understand what they can get from the same.
Nevertheless, it is worth increasing your vertical jump. After all, it has its own merits like:
- Increase Athletic Performance: Vertical jumps can make a big difference in athletic performance. Jumping is a key part of many athletic activities, including basketball, volleyball and track and field. Your vertical jump can help you run faster and jump higher, as well as make your movements more explosive. It is possible to improve your athletic performance even outside of sports.
- Strengthen your Vertical Jump: Focus on the muscles that allow you to generate power from the ground. Increasing the strength of those muscles will make it easier to generate more power and height when you take off the ground. This strength increase is also useful in everyday life. No matter what your job is, extra power would be a benefit in many situations.
- Better Balance: Core muscles play an important role when jumping because they provide stability while in the air and control your balance as you land back on the ground. You will be able to land from a jump and take off with greater control if you work on these muscles. Just as with strength, balance is something that can be useful in day-to-day living. Having good
- Improved Coordination: As jumping requires coordination between different muscle groups throughout your body, increasing your vertical jump can help improve the coordination and timing of those movements. This improved coordination will translate into better performances in various sports activities that involve jumping or quick bursts of energy. Just as with balance and strength, coordination is something that could prove useful to daily living.
Now that we have seen what improving your vertical can let us find a way to make you jump higher.
If you prefer visuals, Tom has posted a video review on his YouTube channel Smart Brandings Channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Vert Shock, you may still want to check out our article below.
What is Vert Sock? Along Overdue Overview Jump Up Three D
Vert Shock is an exercise program that aims to increase the vertical jump of an individual by focusing on strengthening the lower body, core, and upper body. The program also helps improve one’s balance, stability, and coordination.
The exercises involve jumping exercises, plyometrics, agility drills, Olympic lifts, and various other movements that help build power in the legs and hips. In addition to the physical benefits of Vert Shock, athletes can also benefit from increased confidence and mental focus as they work through the program. Jump Up Three D
Vertshock claims that it will increase vertical jump for most people in just 8 weeks. It is not surprising that Vertshock is targeted at volleyball and basketball players, who want to start spiking or dunking the ball as soon possible.
Adam Folker and Justin Darlington created Vert Shock. They created Vert Shock, a vertical training program for athletes that increases vertical jump. It helps them improve their speed, agility and power as well as their mobility. The program is eight weeks long and includes exercises that help athletes reach their full potential.
This program includes nutritional advice and mental training tips that will help athletes remain focused and motivated throughout the process.
How does Vert Shock work?
Vert Shock, an innovative program that will increase your vertical leap, is designed to do just that. It has three phases: preshock, shock and postshock. The pre-shock phase prepares your body for the shock phase by getting your muscles used to jump higher exercises.
Plyometrics and core exercises are used during the shock phase to increase explosiveness. Squatting is useful for building quick-twitch muscle fibers. During the post-shock phase, more intense workouts will be done to improve your jumping ability even further.
To fully experience Vert Shock, you will need to train for 8 weeks. Within that 8 weeks of training will be 41 workouts you will have to do regularly. These workouts can be as simple as static core and strength exercises, or more challenging high-impact power trainings. Jump Up Three D
The Pre-Shock Phase
Vert Shock is divided into three parts, the first of which is the Pre-shock phase. The pre-shock phase is the first part of Vert shock.
Vert Shock’s pre-shock phase is intended to prepare athletes for the more intense training in the subsequent phases. This includes a variety of exercises, drills, and stretches that will improve strength, power, agility, balance, and coordination.
Additionally, the pre-shock phase emphasizes proper stretching and foam rolling techniques to increase flexibility and reduce the risk of injury during the program. Finally, this phase also helps athletes establish proper movement patterns that will be beneficial during the more advanced phases.
You should ensure that you are using the correct form and utilizing the entire range of motion to maximize the benefits of these exercises. As your strength increases, you should gradually increase your speed and weight. These steps will ensure your body is ready for the next phase.
The Shock Phase
The Shock Phase of Vert Shock is the second phase of the program.
The second phase of Vert Shock’s program is called the Shock Phase. Designed for intermediate to advanced athletes, this phase focuses on building explosive power and strength for intermediate to advanced athletes. It consists of three stages which progressively increase in intensity and difficulty. Jump Up Three D
This phase focuses on heavy weight lifting, plyometrics, and bodyweight exercises like jumps and hops. This phase also emphasizes proper form and technique to ensure that any gains made are permanent and not temporary.
Athletes can expect to experience an increase in vertical jump height, improved coordination, and increased agility during the Shock Phase. The Shock Phase will help athletes increase their fitness, which will allow them to excel in all activities.
Vert Shock’s shock phase is designed to increase your vertical jump’s power, speed, explosiveness, and speed. During this phase, you will perform exercises such as box jumps, depth jumps, squat jumps, and single-leg hops to develop explosive strength.
You will also learn how to properly perform each exercise, which will increase its effectiveness and decrease the chance of injury. With consistent effort and dedication, you can expect to see significant improvements in your vertical jump height.
The Post Shock Phase
The Post Shock Phase is the last phase of the vert shock experience. The post-shock phase
This phase will be focused on new strategies and exercises to increase strength, power, explosiveness, and speed. This phase will help you keep your vertical jump and improve it as you go.
The post-shock phase includes a variety of drills that will target different muscle groups and movement patterns to help you become a better jumper. These drills can be done in the gym or at home with minimal equipment.
This phase also focuses on improving your form and technique to maximize your jumping potential. The post-shock phase includes nutrition and recovery strategies to make sure your body recovers from all the hard work.
You will also find it in the Vert Shock Phase’s post-shock phase. Here, the emphasis is on strengthening your lower legs and reducing the risk of injury. This phase will focus on strengthening exercises for the quadriceps and calves.
You will also work on agility drills to help develop coordination and improve speed. To increase power and explosiveness of your vertical jump, plyometric exercises are used. Finally, you will be doing dynamic stretching to reduce tightness in your muscles and improve flexibility. Jump Up Three D
Vert Shock Expectations
As the way it is marketed, Vert Shock promises to increase your vertical leap. While it might be such a simple statement, it is deceptively so.
You will reap the benefits of Vert Shock on your own. Some of these include:
- Improved vertical jump performance: The program focuses on specific strength and power exercises that increase explosiveness, allowing you to jump higher than ever before.
- Increased muscle mass: By building more muscle, you can make your body more powerful when jumping. This will help you reach new heights in your leaping ability.
- Greater flexibility: Increasing your flexibility will help you balance and coordinate, which is essential for success in vertical leaping.
- Reduced risk of injury: Some of the Vert Shock exercises help strengthen key muscles and joints to reduce the risk of injuries while performing jumps or other activities related to basketball or other sports.
- Improved overall athleticism: Vert Shock focuses on developing a wide range of skills, from power and speed to agility and quickness, all designed to improve your overall athleticism and performance on the court or field.
Vert Shock Injury Concerns
Vert Shock may seem appealing, especially considering the potential gains, but it is important to determine if this is the right exercise for you.
Vert Shock is not recommended for use without consulting a qualified physician. Before attempting any new fitness program, it is important to understand any risks or possible side effects.
Additionally, ensure you are comfortable with the Vert Shock program before starting and have the proper equipment and space necessary to complete all the exercises.
As with all exercise programs, it is still important to avoid injury when practicing Vert Shock. Before any exercise, it is important to warm up. You could do this with a light jog, or dynamic stretching. To avoid injury, it is important to follow proper form while performing these exercises.
It is best to begin with light exercises, and increase intensity as your body adjusts. Finally, make sure to take breaks between sets and listen to your body if you experience any pain or discomfort. Jump Up Three D
Vert Shock Price
Vert Shock is not a free program.
Vert Shock members get a login for their website when they pay. As such, you can only buy Vert Shock on their own websites. Anyone trying to sell Vert Shock to you outside of the website could be trying to scam you.
What do you get if you pay for Vert Shock, you ask?
When you purchase Vert Shock, you’re investing in a comprehensive vertical jump training program that will help you increase your vertical jump by up to 9-15 inches in as little as 8 weeks.
This program is specifically designed for basketball players. The program includes video instruction and a nutrition guide. Users also have access to the Vert Shock members’ group where they can ask questions and receive support.
You can also get a 60-day money back guarantee to make sure you are making a long-term investment.
Vert Shock retails at $138 per unit, but there is currently a $67 discount. That’s almost a 51% discount.
Vert Shock Verdict & Final Thoughts
In my experience, the Vert Shock program is pretty effective. Within 8 weeks, my vertical leap increased significantly. Before, I could barely feel some air when I jumped. Right now, I feel like I do reach a considerable height. That may also be partly to losing some weight while doing the 8-week exercise.
However, everyone will experience the same thing. It’s important to note that Vert Shock is not a miracle solution or an instant fix for increasing your vertical jump. You will also need to put in a lot of effort and persevere until you see the results.
It was difficult to complete the eight-week program. There were many times when I wanted to quit. However, seeing my progress through regular measurements of my jump kept me motivated.
In short, whether or not Vert Shock will work for you will depend on the effort and dedication you put into the program. You can expect to make progress if you are willing to put in the effort. Otherwise, it’s a waste of money. Jump Up Three D
Pros and cons of Vert Shock
Pros of Vert Shock
- Easy to Follow: The Vert Shock program is designed to be easy to follow and understand, with step-by-step instructions and detailed videos that explain each move.
- Convenience: Vert Shock can be accessed online so that you don’t need to travel far. Anyone who wishes to improve their vertical jump can do the exercises at home.
- Proven Results: The Vert Shock program has been proven by many athletes who have seen great results from using it, so you know it really works.
- Affordable: The Vert Shock program is affordable compared to other programs on the market, so you don’t have to break the bank to get amazing results.
The Cons of Using Vert shock
- It can be expensive: The Vert shock program isn’t cheap. The full 8-week program runs $67. This can make it quite costly for some. This is even more when you consider the original price of $138
- Results May Vary: As with all programs, results will vary from person to person, and you may get different results than someone else.
- It requires consistency: In order to get the best out of Vert Shock, you need to be consistent and dedicated to your workouts and training schedule. This can sometimes prove difficult for some.
- Not suitable for beginners: The Vert Shock program was created for advanced jumpers who have a certain level and skill in jumping. This might not be the best choice if you are just starting out.
Vert Shock Frequently Asked Questions Jump Up Three D
What are I paying for?
The Vert Shock Program is a complete workout program that you can access by paying for it.
You will gain access to your very own username and password that is sent via email. This will allow you to access Vert Shock’s members only portal. Here you can find all the resources and references you need for the Vert Shock Program. To fully utilize the Vert Shock program, you will require internet access.
How does it work?
Vert Shock employs strategic exercises and sets per repetition combinations to focus on developing your elastic muscle fibers.
Do I need any equipment?
Aside from an internet connection, to get the tutorials and resources, you will not need any exercise equipment to enjoy the Vert Shock Program.
Vert Shock is a plyometric-oriented exercise, and as such, you will not need any weights or heavy lifting. This allows you to exercise at home, in the park, or wherever else you like.
Is Vert Shock Safe?
Vert Shock is completely safe for all ages.
However, just with all exercise programs, it is still a good idea to consult your physician or an expert if your body is fit enough to handle intense exercise. Apart from that, Vert Shock is simple enough that it is safe for anyone who is fit enough to do intense and heavy exercise.
What is the average length of my Vert Shock membership?
Your Vert Shock Membership will last a lifetime.
You can access it anytime and anywhere. Vert Shock will not expire; you can log in to your account as often as you want.
Will it affect me even if I already have an above-average vertical?
Vert Shock is still effective even if there are some limitations.
Your gains might be much lesser when using Vert Shock compared that to a newbie, as you will surely