The standing vertical jump is one of the skills that recruiters look at when they look at a prospective athlete. By looking at players and their vertical jump, they can immediately tell how explosive an athlete is. As such, the vertical jump or the vertical leap is one of the most useful measuring tools of one’s ability to display power, explosive strength, and the ability to utilize that said strength.
The vertical jump is an important measure of an athlete’s explosiveness and power. It tests how quickly one can move from standing to jumping as high as possible with the help of their legs.
For athletes who need to jump or sprint quickly, explosive power is crucial. This includes basketball, volleyball and track and field. Having a good vertical jump can give athletes an edge over their competition by enabling them to reach higher heights more effortlessly.
Athletes with high explosive power can generate more force from jumps, which can help to prevent injury. The vertical jump and explosiveness are interrelated. Strong leg muscles and the ability to quickly generate power will lead to a higher vertical jump, which can be very beneficial on the court or field.
Some of the best athletes in their chosen sports fields have insane vertical jumps. Wilt Chamberlain is believed to have recorded a 48 inch or 121.9 cm vertical jump in the NBA. Michael Jordan, undoubtedly one of the greatest players in the NBA, was known for his jaw-dropping aerial performance and a vertical jump of 46 inches (or 116.8 cm).
Dwight Stones, the Olympic high jump gold medalist, was reported to have a vertical leap of 50 inches, or 127cm. James Robinson, a NFL player, reportedly has a 45 inch or 114.3 cm vertical leap.
It is easy to measure your vertical jump. While there are advanced tools to gauge your vertical more accurately, a simple chalk and board can be enough. These are the tools you need to measure your vertical jump:
- A tape measure
- A wall or solid vertical surface
- A friend or coach to measure and observe
- A piece of tape is a good way to mark your starting point.
- Optional: a box, plyometric step platform, or another object to jump off.
To measure your vertical jump, you will need to do the following:
- Place the tape measure on a flat surface and stand with your feet about shoulder width apart.
- Reach up and grasp the top of the tape measure with one hand and keep it in place.
- Using your other hand, press down on the bottom of the tape measure to ensure it remains stationary.
- With your body standing upright, jump as high as you can, making sure to mark the highest point you reach on the tape measure with your finger or a marker.
- Take a measurement from the floor to this point in order to calculate your vertical jump height. This will depend on which unit of measurement you use.
Keep in mind that men have a vertical jump of 16-20 inches, while women’s average is 12-16 inches. Higher than that, one is considered to have an above-average to very good vertical jump. Individuals with vertical jumps greater than 28 inches for men and 24 inches for women are considered excellent vertical.
Of course, there will be three things that will result once you measure your vertical leap. Either you will be happy with your ability or not. You might also feel the opposite and want a higher measurement, or you will be indifferent and amused.
Vertical jumpers who are disappointed in their ability to leap high should feel relieved that there are so many methods to improve it.
However, before you do that, what is the point of increasing your vertical leap? Do people who don’t practice sports have anything to gain in training their vertical leap?
Although athletes have every right to improve their vertical jumps it is important that common people understand what they can get from the same.
That said, increasing your own vertical jump is still worth doing. After all, it has its own merits like:
- Increase Athletic Performance: Vertical jumps can make a big difference in athletic performance. Jumping is a key part of many athletic activities, including basketball, volleyball and track and field. Your vertical jump can help you run faster and jump higher, as well as make your movements more explosive. Even outside of sports, improving your athletic performance is still something nice to have.
- Strengthen your Vertical Jump: Focus on the muscles that allow you to generate power from the ground. Increasing the strength of those muscles will make it easier to generate more power and height when you take off the ground. This strength increase is also useful in everyday life. No matter what your job is, extra power would be a benefit in many situations.
- Better Balance: Core muscles play an important role when jumping because they provide stability while in the air and control your balance as you land back on the ground. Working on improving these muscles will help you have better balance and control when landing from a jump or taking off for one. Balance is a skill that can be used in everyday life, just like strength. Having good
- Better coordination: Jumping requires coordination among different muscle groups. Increasing your vertical jump can improve coordination and timing. Improved coordination can translate into improved performance in many sports that require jumping or rapid bursts. Just as with balance and strength, coordination is something that could prove useful to daily living.
Now that we have seen what improving your vertical can let us find a way to make you jump higher.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Tom on his YouTube channel Smart Brandings Channel. You can still read our article to get a complete overview of Vert Shock.
What is Vert Sock: Along Overdue Overview Jump Start Program Workforce
Vert Shock is an exercise program that aims to increase the vertical jump of an individual by focusing on strengthening the lower body, core, and upper body. The program also helps improve one’s balance, stability, and coordination.
The exercises involve jumping exercises, plyometrics, agility drills, Olympic lifts, and various other movements that help build power in the legs and hips. Vert shock has many physical benefits, but athletes also gain mental clarity and confidence as they go through the program. Jump Start Program Workforce
Verts shock promises that it can help people increase their vertical jump of most people within 8 weeks. It is not surprising that Vertshock is targeted at volleyball and basketball players, who want to start spiking or dunking the ball as soon possible.
Vert Shock was created by Adam Folker and Justin “Jus Fly” Darlington. Together they created a vertical training program that helps athletes increase their vertical jump by improving their speed, agility, power, and mobility. The program is eight weeks long and includes exercises that help athletes reach their full potential.
The program also includes nutrition advice and mental training tips to help athletes stay focused and motivated during the process.
How does Vert Shock work?
Vert Shock, an innovative program that will increase your vertical leap, is designed to do just that. It has three phases: preshock, shock and postshock. Pre-shock prepares the body for shock by getting you used to doing higher exercise and muscle training.
During the shock phase, plyometrics are used to build explosiveness in the legs and core, while squatting works on building fast-twitch muscle fibers. To improve your jumping abilities, you can do more intense exercises in the post-shock phase.
To fully experience Vert Shock, you will need to train for 8 weeks. There will be 41 workouts that you need to complete within the 8-week period of training. These workouts will range from simple strength training and static core workouts to the more daunting high-impact power workouts and the like. Jump Start Program Workforce
The Pre-Shock Phase
Vert Shock is divided into three parts, the first of which is the Pre-shock phase. In the pre-shock phase of Vert shock
Vert Shock’s pre-shock phase is intended to prepare athletes for the more intense training in the subsequent phases. You will be able to improve your strength, power, agility and coordination through a variety drills and stretches.
The pre-shock phase also emphasizes stretching and foam rolling to improve flexibility and decrease the chance of injury. Finally, this phase also helps athletes establish proper movement patterns that will be beneficial during the more advanced phases.
To maximize the results of these exercises, you should perform each one with proper form and the full range of motion. As your strength increases, you should gradually increase your speed and weight. By following these steps, you can ensure that your body will be ready to take on the challenge when you move on to the next phase of Vert Shock.
The Shock Phase
The second phase of Vert Shock’s program is called the Shock Phase.
The second phase of Vert Shock’s program is called the Shock Phase. This phase is for advanced to intermediate athletes and focuses on explosive power and strength building for advanced to intermediate athletes. It is composed of three stages that gradually increase in difficulty and intensity. Jump Start Program Workforce
The exercises in this phase focus on plyometrics, heavy weight-lifting, and bodyweight exercises such as jumps and hops. To ensure that gains are not temporary, this phase emphasizes correct form and technique.
During the Shock Phase, athletes can expect to see an increase in their vertical jump height and improved coordination and agility. The Shock Phase will help athletes increase their fitness, which will allow them to excel in all activities.
Vert Shock’s shock phase is designed to increase your vertical jump’s power, speed, explosiveness, and speed. This phase will include single-leg hops, box jumps and depth jumps.
You will also learn how to properly perform each exercise, which will increase its effectiveness and decrease the chance of injury. You can expect significant gains in your vertical jump height with consistent effort and dedication during this phase.
The Post Shock Phase
The Post Shock Phase, the final phase of the vert shock experience, is called the “Post Shock Phase”. The post-shock phase
This phase will be focused on new strategies and exercises to increase strength, power, explosiveness, and speed. This phase will help you keep your vertical jump and improve it as you go.
The post-shock phase includes a variety of drills that will target different muscle groups and movement patterns to help you become a better jumper. These drills can either be done at the gym or at home using minimal equipment.
Additionally, this phase focuses on developing proper form and technique so that you can maximize your jumping potential. The post-shock phase includes nutrition and recovery strategies to make sure your body recovers from all the hard work.
It is also in the post-shock phase of the Vert Shock phase, where the focus is on improving the strength of your lower legs and reducing the likelihood of future injuries. This phase will focus on strengthening exercises for the quadriceps and calves.
Agility drills will be used to improve coordination and speed. Plyometric exercises will be used to enhance power and explosiveness in your vertical jump. Dynamic stretching will be used to loosen your muscles and increase flexibility. Jump Start Program Workforce
Vert Shock Expectations
Vert Shock, as it is advertised, promises to increase your vertical leap. While it might be such a simple statement, it is deceptively so.
You will reap the benefits of Vert Shock on your own. Some of these include:
- Performance improvement in vertical jumping: This program focuses on strength and power exercises that increase explosiveness. You will be able to jump higher than you ever have before.
- You can increase your muscle mass. This will help you reach new heights in your leaping ability.
- Greater flexibility: Improving your flexibility helps you with your balance and coordination, both of which are necessary for a successful vertical leap.
- Reduced risk of injury: Some of the Vert Shock exercises help strengthen key muscles and joints to reduce the risk of injuries while performing jumps or other activities related to basketball or other sports.
- Improved overall athleticism: Vert Shock focuses on developing a wide range of skills, from power and speed to agility and quickness, all designed to improve your overall athleticism and performance on the court or field.
Vert Shock Injury Concerns
Vert Shock may seem appealing, especially considering the potential gains, but it is important to determine if this is the right exercise for you.
Before trying out Vert Shock, you must consult a qualified medical professional to ensure that it is safe for you to do so. It is important to fully understand the risks and possible side effects of any new exercise program before you begin.
Also, make sure you are familiar with Vert Shock before beginning and that you have all the equipment and space required to complete the exercises.
As with all exercise programs, it is still important to avoid injury when practicing Vert Shock. Before any exercise, it is important to warm up. This could include a light jog or dynamic stretching. To avoid injury, it is important to follow proper form while performing these exercises.
It is best to begin with light exercises, and increase intensity as your body adjusts. Finally, make sure to take breaks between sets and listen to your body if you experience any pain or discomfort. Jump Start Program Workforce
Vert Shock Price
Vert Shock is not a free program.
When you pay for Vert Shock, you get a membership log-in for their website. You can only purchase Vert Shock from their websites. Anyone trying to sell Vert Shock to you outside of the website could be trying to scam you.
So what do you get when you pay for Vert Shock?
When you purchase Vert Shock, you’re investing in a comprehensive vertical jump training program that will help you increase your vertical jump by up to 9-15 inches in as little as 8 weeks.
The program is tailored specifically to basketball players. It includes detailed video instruction, a comprehensive nutrition guide, and access to the exclusive Vert Shock members group, where users can ask questions and get support.
It also includes a 60-day money-back guarantee to ensure that you’re making an investment that will pay off in the long run.
Vert Shock is regularly priced at $138, but at the time of writing, there is a limited-time discount offer of $67. That’s almost a 51% discount.
Vert Shock Verdict and Final Thoughts
The Vert Shock program has been very effective in my experience. Within 8 weeks, my vertical leap increased significantly. Before, I could barely feel some air when I jumped. Now, I feel that I can reach considerable heights. This could also be due to the fact that I lost some weight during the eight-week exercise.
However, everyone will experience the same thing. Vert Shock isn’t a magic bullet that will instantly increase your vertical jump. It also requires significant hard work and dedication to see results.
Completing the entire eight-week program was challenging, and there were times when I felt like giving up. However, seeing my progress through regular measurements of my jump kept me motivated.
Vert Shock’s effectiveness will ultimately depend on how hard you work and the dedication you show. You can expect to make progress if you are willing to put in the effort. It’s a waste if you don’t. Jump Start Program Workforce
Vert Shock Pros and Cons
Pros of Vert Shock
- It’s easy to follow: Vert shock is easy to understand and follows simple instructions. Each move can be explained in detail with videos.
- Convenience: You can access the Vert Shock program online, so you don’t have to go out of your way for it. You can do the exercises in the comfort of your own home, making it very convenient for anyone who wants to improve their vertical jump.
- Proven Results: The Vert Shock program has been proven by many athletes who have seen great results from using it, so you know it really works.
- Vert Shock is affordable: This program is more affordable than other programs available on the market. You don’t need to spend a lot to see amazing results.
Cons of Using Vert Shock
- It Can Be Expensive: The Vert Shock program is not cheap – the full 8-week program costs $67, which can be a lot for some people. This is even more when you consider the original price of $138
- Results May Vary: As with all programs, results will vary from person to person, and you may get different results than someone else.
- Requires Consistency: To get the most out of the Vert Shock program, it requires consistency and dedication to the workouts and training schedule, which can be difficult for some people.
- Not suitable for beginners: The Vert Shock program was created for advanced jumpers who have a certain level and skill in jumping. If you’re just starting out, this might not be your best option.
Vert Shock Frequently Asked Questions Jump Start Program Workforce
What am I paying for?
Paying for the Vert Shock Program entitles you to a whole workout program and service.
You will gain access to your very own username and password that is sent via email. This will allow you to access Vert Shock’s members only portal. Here you can find all the resources and references you need for the Vert Shock Program. As such, you will need internet access to fully use the Vert Shock program.
What is the secret to it?
Vert Shock uses strategic exercises and sets per repeat combinations to help you develop your elastic muscles fibers.
Do I need any equipment?
Aside from an internet connection, to get the tutorials and resources, you will not need any exercise equipment to enjoy the Vert Shock Program.
Vert Shock is a plyometric-oriented exercise, and as such, you will not need any weights or heavy lifting. This allows you to exercise at home, in the park, or wherever else you like.
Is Vert Shock Safe?
Vert Shock is entirely safe for all ages.
However, just with all exercise programs, it is still a good idea to consult your physician or an expert if your body is fit enough to handle intense exercise. Vert Shock is easy enough that anyone can do intense, heavy exercise.
How long does my Vert Shock Membership last?
Your Vert shock Membership will last a lifetime.
You can access it anytime and anywhere. Vert shock will never expire. You can log in as many times as you like to your account.
What if I have an above-average vertical but it is still affecting me?
Vert Shock will still work even if you have a considerable vertical leap with some caveats.
Vert Shock can make your gains smaller than a newbie. However, you’ll still reap the benefits.