When recruiting potential athletes, recruiters consider the standing vertical jump. By looking at players and their vertical jump, they can immediately tell how explosive an athlete is. As such, the vertical jump or the vertical leap is one of the most useful measuring tools of one’s ability to display power, explosive strength, and the ability to utilize that said strength.
Vertical jumping is a key indicator of an athlete’s power and explosiveness. It tests how quickly one can move from standing to jumping as high as possible with the help of their legs.
For athletes who need to jump or sprint quickly, explosive power is crucial. This includes basketball, volleyball and track and field. A good vertical jump can help athletes reach higher heights faster than their competitors.
Athletes with high explosive power can generate more force from jumps, which can help to prevent injury. Overall, the vertical jump and one’s explosiveness are connected in that having strong leg muscles and being able to generate power quickly will result in a better vertical jump which can have great benefits on the field or court.
Vertical jumps are a hallmark of some of the most skilled athletes in their chosen fields. The highest recorded vertical jump in the NBA is supposed to be 48 inches or 121.9 cm by Wilt Chamberlain. Michael Jordan, undoubtedly one of the greatest players in the NBA, was known for his jaw-dropping aerial performance and a vertical jump of 46 inches (or 116.8 cm).
Outside the NBA, some of the highest recorded vertical jumps include Olympic high jump gold medalist Dwight Stones, who was rumored to have a vertical jump of 50 inches or 127 cm, and NFL player James Robinson who reportedly has a 45 inches or 114.3 cm vertical jump.
It is easy to measure your vertical jump. There are many advanced tools that can help you measure your vertical jump more accurately. However, a simple chalkboard and board will suffice. To measure your vertical jump, you will need the following:
- Tape measure
- A wall or solid vertical surface
- To measure and observe, a friend or coach
- Something to mark your starting point, such as a piece of tape
- Optional: a box, plyometric step platform, or another object to jump off.
You will need the following to measure your vertical leap:
- Stand with your feet roughly shoulder width apart and ensure the tape measure is placed on a flat surface.
- Grab the tape measure’s top with one hand, and reach up to grab it.
- Using your other hand, press down on the bottom of the tape measure to ensure it remains stationary.
- With your body standing upright, jump as high as you can, making sure to mark the highest point you reach on the tape measure with your finger or a marker.
- Measure from the floor to this point to determine your vertical jump height in inches or centimeters (depending on what unit of measurement you are using).
Keep in mind that men have a vertical jump of 16-20 inches, while women’s average is 12-16 inches. Higher than that, one is considered to have an above-average to very good vertical jump. Individuals with vertical jumps greater than 28 inches for men and 24 inches for women are considered excellent vertical.
When you measure your vertical jump, there are three things that will happen. Either you will be happy with your ability or not. You might also feel the opposite and want a higher measurement, or you will be indifferent and amused.
Vertical jumpers who are disappointed in their ability to leap high should feel relieved that there are so many methods to improve it.
However, before you do that, what is the point of increasing your vertical leap? What do people who don’t exercise regularly have to gain from training their vertical leaps?
Although athletes have every right to improve their vertical jumps it is important that common people understand what they can get from the same.
Nevertheless, it is worth increasing your vertical jump. After all, it has its own merits like:
- Increase Athletic Performance: Vertical jumps can make a big difference in athletic performance. Many athletic activities require jumping movements, such as basketball, volleyball, track and field, football, tennis, and more. Your vertical jump can help you run faster and jump higher, as well as make your movements more explosive. Even outside of sports, improving your athletic performance is still something nice to have.
- Strengthen your Vertical Jump: Focus on the muscles that allow you to generate power from the ground. Increasing the strength of those muscles will make it easier to generate more power and height when you take off the ground. Of course, this increase in strength is useful even in daily life. No matter your field of work, any additional power from your body would prove useful in different situations.
- Better balance: Your core muscles are crucial for jumping. They provide stability in the air and help you to maintain your balance when you land on the ground. Working on improving these muscles will help you have better balance and control when landing from a jump or taking off for one. Just as with strength, balance is something that can be useful in day-to-day living. Having good
- Better coordination: Jumping requires coordination among different muscle groups. Increasing your vertical jump can improve coordination and timing. Improved coordination can translate into improved performance in many sports that require jumping or rapid bursts. Just as with balance and strength, coordination is something that could prove useful to daily living.
Now that we have seen what improving your vertical can let us find a way to make you jump higher.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Tom on his YouTube channel Smart Brandings Channel. You can still read our article to get a complete overview of Vert Shock.
What is Vert Sock: Along Overdue Overview Joe Defranco Vertical Jump Program
Vert shock is an exercise program that increases vertical leap by strengthening the core and lower body. It also improves coordination, balance, stability, as well as coordination.
These exercises include jumping exercises, plyometrics and agility drills. In addition to the physical benefits of Vert Shock, athletes can also benefit from increased confidence and mental focus as they work through the program. Joe Defranco Vertical Jump Program
Vertshock claims that it will increase vertical jump for most people in just 8 weeks. As such, it is no wonder that the product is targeted mostly at basketball and volleyball players who can begin dunking or spiking the ball as soon as possible.
Adam Folker and Justin Darlington created Vert Shock. They created Vert Shock, a vertical training program for athletes that increases vertical jump. It helps them improve their speed, agility and power as well as their mobility. The program is eight weeks long and includes exercises that help athletes reach their full potential.
The program also includes nutrition advice and mental training tips to help athletes stay focused and motivated during the process.
How Does Vert Shock Work?
Vert Shock is an innovative program designed to help you increase your vertical jump. It consists of three phases: pre-shock, shock, and post-shock. The pre-shock phase prepares your body for the shock phase by getting your muscles used to jump higher exercises.
Plyometrics and core exercises are used during the shock phase to increase explosiveness. Squatting is useful for building quick-twitch muscle fibers. During the post-shock phase, more intense workouts will be done to improve your jumping ability even further.
To fully experience Vert Shock, you will need to train for 8 weeks. There will be 41 workouts that you need to complete within the 8-week period of training. These workouts will range from simple strength training and static core workouts to the more daunting high-impact power workouts and the like. Joe Defranco Vertical Jump Program
The Pre-Shock Phase
Vert Shock is divided into three parts, the first of which is the Pre-shock phase. The pre-shock phase is the first part of Vert shock.
Vert Shock’s pre-shock phase is intended to prepare athletes for the more intense training in the subsequent phases. You will be able to improve your strength, power, agility and coordination through a variety drills and stretches.
The pre-shock phase also emphasizes stretching and foam rolling to improve flexibility and decrease the chance of injury. Finally, this phase also helps athletes establish proper movement patterns that will be beneficial during the more advanced phases.
To maximize the results of these exercises, you should perform each one with proper form and the full range of motion. As your strength increases, you should gradually increase your speed and weight. These steps will ensure your body is ready for the next phase.
The Shock Phase
The Shock Phase of Vert Shock is the second phase of the program.
The Shock Phase of Vert Shock is the second phase of the program. This phase is for advanced to intermediate athletes and focuses on explosive power and strength building for advanced to intermediate athletes. It is composed of three stages that gradually increase in difficulty and intensity. Joe Defranco Vertical Jump Program
This phase focuses on heavy weight lifting, plyometrics, and bodyweight exercises like jumps and hops. To ensure that gains are not temporary, this phase emphasizes correct form and technique.
During the Shock Phase, athletes can expect to see an increase in their vertical jump height and improved coordination and agility. This phase will also help athletes improve their overall fitness level, allowing them to perform better in all sports activities.
Vert Shock’s shock phase is designed to increase your vertical jump’s power, speed, explosiveness, and speed. This phase will include single-leg hops, box jumps and depth jumps.
You will also learn how to properly perform each exercise, which will increase its effectiveness and decrease the chance of injury. You can expect significant gains in your vertical jump height with consistent effort and dedication during this phase.
The Post Shock Phase
The Post Shock Phase is the last phase of the vert shock experience. The post-shock phase
In this phase, you will focus on using new exercises and strategies to continue to build strength, power, and explosiveness. This phase is designed to help you maintain your newfound vertical jump ability while improving it as you progress.
Post-shock includes a range of drills that target different movement patterns and muscle groups to improve your jump ability. These drills can be done in the gym or at home with minimal equipment.
This phase also focuses on improving your form and technique to maximize your jumping potential. Finally, the post-shock phase also includes nutrition and recovery strategies to ensure that your body is recovering properly from all of the hard work you’re putting in.
You will also find it in the Vert Shock Phase’s post-shock phase. Here, the emphasis is on strengthening your lower legs and reducing the risk of injury. During this phase, you will primarily focus on strengthening exercises that target the calves, hamstrings, quadriceps, and glutes.
You will also work on agility drills to help develop coordination and improve speed. To increase power and explosiveness of your vertical jump, plyometric exercises are used. Dynamic stretching will be used to loosen your muscles and increase flexibility. Joe Defranco Vertical Jump Program
Vert Shock Expectations
As the way it is marketed, Vert Shock promises to increase your vertical leap. While it might be such a simple statement, it is deceptively so.
You will reap the benefits of Vert Shock on your own. These include:
- Performance improvement in vertical jumping: This program focuses on strength and power exercises that increase explosiveness. You will be able to jump higher than you ever have before.
- Increased muscle mass: By building more muscle, you can make your body more powerful when jumping. This will allow you to leap higher and more confidently.
- Greater flexibility: Increasing your flexibility will help you balance and coordinate, which is essential for success in vertical leaping.
- Reduced risk of injury: Some of the Vert Shock exercises help strengthen key muscles and joints to reduce the risk of injuries while performing jumps or other activities related to basketball or other sports.
- Improved overall athleticism: Vert Shock focuses on developing a wide range of skills, from power and speed to agility and quickness, all designed to improve your overall athleticism and performance on the court or field.
Vert Shock Injury Concerns
Vert Shock may seem appealing, especially considering the potential gains, but it is important to determine if this is the right exercise for you.
Vert Shock is not recommended for use without consulting a qualified physician. Before attempting any new fitness program, it is important to understand any risks or possible side effects.
Additionally, ensure you are comfortable with the Vert Shock program before starting and have the proper equipment and space necessary to complete all the exercises.
As with all exercise programs, it is still important to avoid injury when practicing Vert Shock. It is important to warm up before any exercise. This could include a light jog or dynamic stretching. To avoid injury, it is important to follow proper form while performing these exercises.
Additionally, it is best to start with lighter exercises and gradually increase the intensity over time as your body adapts. Finally, make sure to take breaks between sets and listen to your body if you experience any pain or discomfort. Joe Defranco Vertical Jump Program
Vert Shock Price
A program as effective as Vert Shock is not free.
When you pay for Vert Shock, you get a membership log-in for their website. As such, you can only buy Vert Shock on their own websites. As a result, anyone trying to sell you Vert Shock outside the website is potentially there to scam you.
So what do you get when you pay for Vert Shock?
When you purchase Vert Shock, you’re investing in a comprehensive vertical jump training program that will help you increase your vertical jump by up to 9-15 inches in as little as 8 weeks.
The program is tailored specifically to basketball players. The program includes video instruction and a nutrition guide. Users also have access to the Vert Shock members’ group where they can ask questions and receive support.
It also includes a 60-day money-back guarantee to ensure that you’re making an investment that will pay off in the long run.
Vert Shock retails at $138 per unit, but there is currently a $67 discount. That’s almost a 51% discount.
Vert Shock Verdict & Final Thoughts
The Vert Shock program has been very effective in my experience. Within 8 weeks, my vertical leap increased significantly. Before, I could barely feel some air when I jumped. Right now, I feel like I do reach a considerable height. This could also be due to the fact that I lost some weight during the eight-week exercise.
However, everyone will experience the same thing. It’s important to note that Vert Shock is not a miracle solution or an instant fix for increasing your vertical jump. It also requires significant hard work and dedication to see results.
It was difficult to complete the eight-week program. There were many times when I wanted to quit. However, seeing my progress through regular measurements of my jump kept me motivated.
In short, whether or not Vert Shock will work for you will depend on the effort and dedication you put into the program. If you’re willing to do the work, you can expect to see gains. It’s a waste if you don’t. Joe Defranco Vertical Jump Program
Pros and cons of Vert Shock
Pros of Vert Shock
- It’s easy to follow: Vert shock is easy to understand and follows simple instructions. Each move can be explained in detail with videos.
- Convenience: You can access the Vert Shock program online, so you don’t have to go out of your way for it. You can do the exercises in the comfort of your own home, making it very convenient for anyone who wants to improve their vertical jump.
- Proven Results: The Vert Shock program has been proven by many athletes who have seen great results from using it, so you know it really works.
- Vert Shock is affordable: This program is more affordable than other programs available on the market. You don’t need to spend a lot to see amazing results.
The Cons of Using Vert shock
- It Can Be Expensive: The Vert Shock program is not cheap – the full 8-week program costs $67, which can be a lot for some people. This is even more when you consider the original price of $138
- Results May Vary: As with all programs, results will vary from person to person, and you may get different results than someone else.
- Requires Consistency: To get the most out of the Vert Shock program, it requires consistency and dedication to the workouts and training schedule, which can be difficult for some people.
- Not suitable for beginners: The Vert Shock program was created for advanced jumpers who have a certain level and skill in jumping. This might not be the best choice if you are just starting out.
Vert Shock Frequently Asked Questions Joe Defranco Vertical Jump Program
What am I paying for?
The Vert Shock Program is a complete workout program that you can access by paying for it.
Your username and password will be sent to you via email. This will allow you to access Vert Shock’s members only portal. Here you can find all the resources and references you need for the Vert Shock Program. To fully utilize the Vert Shock program, you will require internet access.
What is the secret to it?
Vert Shock uses strategic exercises and sets per repeat combinations to help you develop your elastic muscles fibers.
Do I require any equipment?
Aside from an internet connection, to get the tutorials and resources, you will not need any exercise equipment to enjoy the Vert Shock Program.
Vert Shock is a plyometric-oriented exercise, and as such, you will not need any weights or heavy lifting. This allows you to exercise at home, in the park, or wherever else you like.
Is Vert Shock Safe?
Vert Shock is entirely safe for all ages.
However, just with all exercise programs, it is still a good idea to consult your physician or an expert if your body is fit enough to handle intense exercise. Apart from that, Vert Shock is simple enough that it is safe for anyone who is fit enough to do intense and heavy exercise.
What is the average length of my Vert Shock membership?
Your Vert Shock Membership will last a lifetime.
It is accessible from anywhere and anytime. Vert shock will never expire. You can log in as many times as you like to your account.
What if I have an above-average vertical but it is still affecting me?
Vert Shock is still effective even if there are some limitations.
Your gains might be much lesser when using Vert Shock compared that to a newbie, as you will surely