When recruiting potential athletes, recruiters consider the standing vertical jump. Recruiters can instantly tell how explosive an athlete looks by looking at their vertical jump. As such, the vertical jump or the vertical leap is one of the most useful measuring tools of one’s ability to display power, explosive strength, and the ability to utilize that said strength.
Vertical jumping is a key indicator of an athlete’s power and explosiveness. This test measures how fast one can jump from standing to jumping as high with their legs.
For athletes who need to jump or sprint quickly, explosive power is crucial. This includes basketball, volleyball and track and field. Having a good vertical jump can give athletes an edge over their competition by enabling them to reach higher heights more effortlessly.
Athletes with high explosive power can generate more force from jumps, which can help to prevent injury. The vertical jump and explosiveness are interrelated. Strong leg muscles and the ability to quickly generate power will lead to a higher vertical jump, which can be very beneficial on the court or field.
Vertical jumps are a hallmark of some of the most skilled athletes in their chosen fields. Wilt Chamberlain is believed to have recorded a 48 inch or 121.9 cm vertical jump in the NBA. Michael Jordan, undoubtedly one of the greatest players in the NBA, was known for his jaw-dropping aerial performance and a vertical jump of 46 inches (or 116.8 cm).
Outside the NBA, some of the highest recorded vertical jumps include Olympic high jump gold medalist Dwight Stones, who was rumored to have a vertical jump of 50 inches or 127 cm, and NFL player James Robinson who reportedly has a 45 inches or 114.3 cm vertical jump.
It is easy to measure your vertical jump. While there are advanced tools to gauge your vertical more accurately, a simple chalk and board can be enough. These are the tools you need to measure your vertical jump:
- Tape measure
- A wall or solid vertical surface
- A friend or coach to measure and observe
- A piece of tape is a good way to mark your starting point.
- Optional: a box, plyometric step platform, or another object to jump off.
To measure your vertical jump, you will need to do the following:
- Place the tape measure on a flat surface and stand with your feet about shoulder width apart.
- Grab the tape measure’s top with one hand, and reach up to grab it.
- To ensure that the tape measure remains stationary, use your other hand to press down on its bottom.
- With your body standing upright, jump as high as you can, making sure to mark the highest point you reach on the tape measure with your finger or a marker.
- Take a measurement from the floor to this point in order to calculate your vertical jump height. This will depend on which unit of measurement you use.
Keep in mind that men have a vertical jump of 16-20 inches, while women’s average is 12-16 inches. Higher than that, one is considered to have an above-average to very good vertical jump. Individuals with vertical jumps greater than 28 inches for men and 24 inches for women are considered excellent vertical.
Of course, there will be three things that will result once you measure your vertical leap. You’ll either be satisfied by your abilities. Sometimes you might feel the opposite, and desire a larger measurement. Or you may be amused and indifferent.
Vertical jumpers who are disappointed in their ability to leap high should feel relieved that there are so many methods to improve it.
But before that, why is there a need to increase your vertical leap? What do people who don’t exercise regularly have to gain from training their vertical leaps?
While athletes have every reason to better their vertical jumps, it needs to be clarified for common folks as to what they can gain from doing the same.
Nevertheless, it is worth increasing your vertical jump. After all, it has its own merits like:
- Improve Athletic Performance: Increasing your vertical jump can have a significant impact on your athletic performance in a variety of sports. Jumping is a key part of many athletic activities, including basketball, volleyball and track and field. Increasing your vertical jump will help you run faster, jump higher and be more explosive with each movement. It is possible to improve your athletic performance even outside of sports.
- Increase Strength: Improving your vertical jump involves focusing on certain muscle groups that help you generate power when you take off the ground. It will be easier to lift more weight and generate more power when you strengthen these muscles. This strength increase is also useful in everyday life. No matter your field of work, any additional power from your body would prove useful in different situations.
- Better Balance: Core muscles play an important role when jumping because they provide stability while in the air and control your balance as you land back on the ground. Working on improving these muscles will help you have better balance and control when landing from a jump or taking off for one. Just as with strength, balance is something that can be useful in day-to-day living. Good balance is essential for daily living.
- Improved Coordination: As jumping requires coordination between different muscle groups throughout your body, increasing your vertical jump can help improve the coordination and timing of those movements. Improved coordination can translate into improved performance in many sports that require jumping or rapid bursts. Coordination is an important skill that can be used in daily life, just like balance and strength.
Now that we have seen what improving your vertical can let us find a way to make you jump higher.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Tom on his YouTube channel Smart Brandings Channel. You can still read our article to get a complete overview of Vert Shock.
What is Vert Sock: Along Overdue Overview How Vertical Jump Program Has Changed
Vert shock is an exercise program that increases vertical leap by strengthening the core and lower body. It also improves coordination, balance, stability, as well as coordination.
These exercises include jumping exercises, plyometrics and agility drills. Vert shock has many physical benefits, but athletes also gain mental clarity and confidence as they go through the program. How Vertical Jump Program Has Changed
Vertshock claims that it will increase vertical jump for most people in just 8 weeks. As such, it is no wonder that the product is targeted mostly at basketball and volleyball players who can begin dunking or spiking the ball as soon as possible.
Vert Shock was created by Adam Folker and Justin “Jus Fly” Darlington. They created Vert Shock, a vertical training program for athletes that increases vertical jump. It helps them improve their speed, agility and power as well as their mobility. As mentioned above, the program consists of eight weeks of exercises designed to help athletes reach their maximum potential.
This program includes nutritional advice and mental training tips that will help athletes remain focused and motivated throughout the process.
How does Vert Shock work?
Vert Shock, an innovative program that will increase your vertical leap, is designed to do just that. It has three phases: preshock, shock and postshock. Pre-shock prepares the body for shock by getting you used to doing higher exercise and muscle training.
During the shock phase, plyometrics are used to build explosiveness in the legs and core, while squatting works on building fast-twitch muscle fibers. To improve your jumping abilities, you can do more intense exercises in the post-shock phase.
To fully experience Vert Shock, you will need to train for 8 weeks. Within that 8 weeks of training will be 41 workouts you will have to do regularly. These workouts will range from simple strength training and static core workouts to the more daunting high-impact power workouts and the like. How Vertical Jump Program Has Changed
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
The Pre-Shock Phase
Vert Shock is divided into three parts, the first of which is the Pre-shock phase. In the pre-shock phase of Vert shock
The pre-shock phase of Vert Shock is designed to prepare the athlete’s body for the intense training that will take place in the later phases. You will be able to improve your strength, power, agility and coordination through a variety drills and stretches.
The pre-shock phase also emphasizes stretching and foam rolling to improve flexibility and decrease the chance of injury. This phase helps athletes develop proper movement patterns which will help them in the later phases.
You should ensure that you are using the correct form and utilizing the entire range of motion to maximize the benefits of these exercises. As your strength increases, you should gradually increase your speed and weight. These steps will ensure your body is ready for the next phase.
The Shock Phase
The second phase of Vert Shock’s program is called the Shock Phase.
The Shock Phase of Vert Shock is the second phase of the program. This phase is for advanced to intermediate athletes and focuses on explosive power and strength building for advanced to intermediate athletes. It is composed of three stages that gradually increase in difficulty and intensity. How Vertical Jump Program Has Changed
The exercises in this phase focus on plyometrics, heavy weight-lifting, and bodyweight exercises such as jumps and hops. To ensure that gains are not temporary, this phase emphasizes correct form and technique.
During the Shock Phase, athletes can expect to see an increase in their vertical jump height and improved coordination and agility. The Shock Phase will help athletes increase their fitness, which will allow them to excel in all activities.
Vert Shock’s shock phase is designed to increase your vertical jump’s power, speed, explosiveness, and speed. This phase will include single-leg hops, box jumps and depth jumps.
Additionally, you will learn the proper form for each exercise to maximize its effectiveness and reduce the risk of injury. You can expect significant gains in your vertical jump height with consistent effort and dedication during this phase.
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
The Post Shock Phase
The Post Shock Phase, the final phase of the vert shock experience, is called the “Post Shock Phase”. The post-shock phase
In this phase, you will focus on using new exercises and strategies to continue to build strength, power, and explosiveness. This phase is designed to help you maintain your newfound vertical jump ability while improving it as you progress.
The post-shock phase includes a variety of drills that will target different muscle groups and movement patterns to help you become a better jumper. These drills can be done in the gym or at home with minimal equipment.
Additionally, this phase focuses on developing proper form and technique so that you can maximize your jumping potential. The post-shock phase includes nutrition and recovery strategies to make sure your body recovers from all the hard work.
You will also find it in the Vert Shock Phase’s post-shock phase. Here, the emphasis is on strengthening your lower legs and reducing the risk of injury. This phase will focus on strengthening exercises for the quadriceps and calves.
Agility drills will be used to improve coordination and speed. To increase power and explosiveness of your vertical jump, plyometric exercises are used. Dynamic stretching will be used to loosen your muscles and increase flexibility. How Vertical Jump Program Has Changed
Vert Shock Expectations
Vert Shock, as it is advertised, promises to increase your vertical leap. It may seem like a simple statement but it can be deceiving.
You will reap the benefits of Vert Shock on your own. Some of these include:
- Performance improvement in vertical jumping: This program focuses on strength and power exercises that increase explosiveness. You will be able to jump higher than you ever have before.
- Increased muscle mass: By building more muscle, you can make your body more powerful when jumping. This will allow you to leap higher and more confidently.
- Greater flexibility: Improving your flexibility helps you with your balance and coordination, both of which are necessary for a successful vertical leap.
- Reduced risk of injury: Some of the Vert Shock exercises help strengthen key muscles and joints to reduce the risk of injuries while performing jumps or other activities related to basketball or other sports.
- You will have a better overall athleticism. Vert shock focuses on improving your power, speed, agility, and quickness. This is all to enhance your athleticism on the court and field.
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
Vert Shock Injury Concerns
While trying out Vert Shock can be tempting, especially for the gains you can get, It is still important to check if Vert Shock is the exercise for you.
Before trying out Vert Shock, you must consult a qualified medical professional to ensure that it is safe for you to do so. It is important to fully understand the risks and possible side effects of any new exercise program before you begin.
Also, make sure you are familiar with Vert Shock before beginning and that you have all the equipment and space required to complete the exercises.
Vert shock is just like any other exercise program. It is important to keep your injuries at bay. Before any exercise, it is important to warm up. You could do this with a light jog, or dynamic stretching. To avoid injury, it is important to follow proper form while performing these exercises.
Additionally, it is best to start with lighter exercises and gradually increase the intensity over time as your body adapts. If you feel any discomfort or pain, take breaks between sets. How Vertical Jump Program Has Changed
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
Vert Shock Price
Vert Shock is not a free program.
Vert Shock members get a login for their website when they pay. You can only purchase Vert Shock from their websites. Anyone trying to sell Vert Shock to you outside of the website could be trying to scam you.
So what do you get when you pay for Vert Shock?
When you purchase Vert Shock, you’re investing in a comprehensive vertical jump training program that will help you increase your vertical jump by up to 9-15 inches in as little as 8 weeks.
This program is specifically designed for basketball players. It includes detailed video instruction, a comprehensive nutrition guide, and access to the exclusive Vert Shock members group, where users can ask questions and get support.
It also includes a 60-day money-back guarantee to ensure that you’re making an investment that will pay off in the long run.
Vert Shock retails at $138 per unit, but there is currently a $67 discount. This is almost 51% off.
Vert Shock Verdict and Final Thoughts
In my experience, the Vert Shock program is pretty effective. Within 8 weeks, my vertical leap increased significantly. Before, I could barely feel some air when I jumped. Now, I feel that I can reach considerable heights. That may also be partly to losing some weight while doing the 8-week exercise.
However, everyone will experience the same thing. Vert Shock isn’t a magic bullet that will instantly increase your vertical jump. You will also need to put in a lot of effort and persevere until you see the results.
Completing the entire eight-week program was challenging, and there were times when I felt like giving up. I was able to track my progress by taking regular measurements of my jump. This kept me motivated.
Vert Shock’s effectiveness will ultimately depend on how hard you work and the dedication you show. You can expect to make progress if you are willing to put in the effort. It’s a waste if you don’t. How Vertical Jump Program Has Changed
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
Pros and cons of Vert Shock
Pros of Vert Shock
- It’s easy to follow: Vert shock is easy to understand and follows simple instructions. Each move can be explained in detail with videos.
- Convenience: You can access the Vert Shock program online, so you don’t have to go out of your way for it. You can do the exercises in the comfort of your own home, making it very convenient for anyone who wants to improve their vertical jump.
- Proven Results: The Vert Shock program has been proven by many athletes who have seen great results from using it, so you know it really works.
- Affordable: The Vert Shock program is affordable compared to other programs on the market, so you don’t have to break the bank to get amazing results.
The Cons of Using Vert shock
- It can be expensive: The Vert shock program isn’t cheap. The full 8-week program runs $67. This can make it quite costly for some. Even more so with its original price of $138
- Results may vary: Like all programs, results can vary and results could be different for you.
- Requires Consistency: To get the most out of the Vert Shock program, it requires consistency and dedication to the workouts and training schedule, which can be difficult for some people.
- Not suitable for beginners: The Vert Shock program was created for advanced jumpers who have a certain level and skill in jumping. This might not be the best choice if you are just starting out.
Commonly Asked Questions about Vert Shock How Vertical Jump Program Has Changed
What am I paying for?
The Vert Shock Program is a complete workout program that you can access by paying for it.
You will gain access to your very own username and password that is sent via email. This will give you access to Vert Shock’s members-only portal, where you can get all the resources and references needed for the Vert Shock Program. To fully utilize the Vert Shock program, you will require internet access.
How does it work?
Vert Shock employs strategic exercises and sets per repetition combinations to focus on developing your elastic muscle fibers.
Do I need any equipment?
To access the tutorials and other resources, all you need is an internet connection. You don’t even need to have any exercise equipment in order to take part in the Vert Shock Program.
Vert Shock is a plyometric-oriented exercise, and as such, you will not need any weights or heavy lifting. This allows you to exercise at home, in the park, or wherever else you like.
Is Vert Shock Safe?
Vert Shock is entirely safe for all ages.
As with all exercise programs it is a good idea for you to check with your doctor or an expert to make sure your body can handle the intense exercise. Vert Shock is easy enough that anyone can do intense, heavy exercise.
What is the average length of my Vert Shock membership?
Your Vert Shock Membership will last a lifetime.
You can access it anytime and anywhere. Vert Shock will not expire; you can log in to your account as often as you want.
Will it affect me even if I already have an above-average vertical?
Vert Shock is still effective even if there are some limitations.
Vert Shock can make your gains smaller than a newbie. However, you’ll still reap the benefits.