When recruiting potential athletes, recruiters consider the standing vertical jump. Recruiters can instantly tell how explosive an athlete looks by looking at their vertical jump. As such, the vertical jump or the vertical leap is one of the most useful measuring tools of one’s ability to display power, explosive strength, and the ability to utilize that said strength.
Vertical jumping is a key indicator of an athlete’s power and explosiveness. It tests how quickly one can move from standing to jumping as high as possible with the help of their legs.
For athletes who need to jump or sprint quickly, explosive power is crucial. This includes basketball, volleyball and track and field. Having a good vertical jump can give athletes an edge over their competition by enabling them to reach higher heights more effortlessly.
Athletes with high explosive power can generate more force from jumps, which can help to prevent injury. The vertical jump and explosiveness are interrelated. Strong leg muscles and the ability to quickly generate power will lead to a higher vertical jump, which can be very beneficial on the court or field.
Some of the best athletes in their chosen sports fields have insane vertical jumps. Wilt Chamberlain is believed to have recorded a 48 inch or 121.9 cm vertical jump in the NBA. Michael Jordan, undoubtedly one of the greatest players in the NBA, was known for his jaw-dropping aerial performance and a vertical jump of 46 inches (or 116.8 cm).
Dwight Stones, the Olympic high jump gold medalist, was reported to have a vertical leap of 50 inches, or 127cm. James Robinson, a NFL player, reportedly has a 45 inch or 114.3 cm vertical leap.
Measuring your vertical jump is pretty simple. There are many advanced tools that can help you measure your vertical jump more accurately. However, a simple chalkboard and board will suffice. To measure your vertical jump, you will need the following:
- A tape measure
- A wall or solid vertical surface
- To measure and observe, a friend or coach
- Something to mark your starting point, such as a piece of tape
- Optional: a box, plyometric step platform, or another object to jump off.
To measure your vertical jump, you will need to do the following:
- Place the tape measure on a flat surface and stand with your feet about shoulder width apart.
- Grab the tape measure’s top with one hand, and reach up to grab it.
- Using your other hand, press down on the bottom of the tape measure to ensure it remains stationary.
- Standing straight, stand up and jump high. Make sure you mark the highest point on the tape measure using your finger or a marker.
- Take a measurement from the floor to this point in order to calculate your vertical jump height. This will depend on which unit of measurement you use.
Bearing in mind that the average vertical jump for men is 16 to 20 inches while it is 12 to 16 inches for women. Higher than that, one is considered to have an above-average to very good vertical jump. Individuals with vertical jumps greater than 28 inches for men and 24 inches for women are considered excellent vertical.
When you measure your vertical jump, there are three things that will happen. You’ll either be satisfied by your abilities. You might also feel the opposite and want a higher measurement, or you will be indifferent and amused.
Vertical jumpers who are disappointed in their ability to leap high should feel relieved that there are so many methods to improve it.
However, before you do that, what is the point of increasing your vertical leap? What do people who don’t exercise regularly have to gain from training their vertical leaps?
While athletes have every reason to better their vertical jumps, it needs to be clarified for common folks as to what they can gain from doing the same.
Nevertheless, it is worth increasing your vertical jump. After all, it has its own merits like:
- Increase Athletic Performance: Vertical jumps can make a big difference in athletic performance. Many athletic activities require jumping movements, such as basketball, volleyball, track and field, football, tennis, and more. Your vertical jump can help you run faster and jump higher, as well as make your movements more explosive. Even outside of sports, improving your athletic performance is still something nice to have.
- Increase Strength: Improving your vertical jump involves focusing on certain muscle groups that help you generate power when you take off the ground. It will be easier to lift more weight and generate more power when you strengthen these muscles. Of course, this increase in strength is useful even in daily life. No matter what your job is, extra power would be a benefit in many situations.
- Better balance: Your core muscles are crucial for jumping. They provide stability in the air and help you to maintain your balance when you land on the ground. Working on improving these muscles will help you have better balance and control when landing from a jump or taking off for one. Balance is a skill that can be used in everyday life, just like strength. Having good
- Improved Coordination: As jumping requires coordination between different muscle groups throughout your body, increasing your vertical jump can help improve the coordination and timing of those movements. This improved coordination will translate into better performances in various sports activities that involve jumping or quick bursts of energy. Just as with balance and strength, coordination is something that could prove useful to daily living.
Now that we have seen what improving your vertical can let us find a way to make you jump higher.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Tom on his YouTube channel Smart Brandings Channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Vert Shock, you may still want to check out our article below.
What is Vert Sock? Along Overdue Overview How To Increase Vertical Jump With Weights
Vert shock is an exercise program that increases vertical leap by strengthening the core and lower body. It also improves coordination, balance, stability, as well as coordination.
These exercises include jumping exercises, plyometrics and agility drills. Vert shock has many physical benefits, but athletes also gain mental clarity and confidence as they go through the program. How To Increase Vertical Jump With Weights
Vertshock claims that it will increase vertical jump for most people in just 8 weeks. As such, it is no wonder that the product is targeted mostly at basketball and volleyball players who can begin dunking or spiking the ball as soon as possible.
Vert Shock was created by Adam Folker and Justin “Jus Fly” Darlington. Together they created a vertical training program that helps athletes increase their vertical jump by improving their speed, agility, power, and mobility. As mentioned above, the program consists of eight weeks of exercises designed to help athletes reach their maximum potential.
The program also includes nutrition advice and mental training tips to help athletes stay focused and motivated during the process.
How does Vert Shock work?
Vert Shock is an innovative program designed to help you increase your vertical jump. It has three phases: preshock, shock and postshock. The pre-shock phase prepares your body for the shock phase by getting your muscles used to jump higher exercises.
During the shock phase, plyometrics are used to build explosiveness in the legs and core, while squatting works on building fast-twitch muscle fibers. During the post-shock phase, more intense workouts will be done to improve your jumping ability even further.
To fully experience Vert Shock, you will need to train for 8 weeks. There will be 41 workouts that you need to complete within the 8-week period of training. These workouts will range from simple strength training and static core workouts to the more daunting high-impact power workouts and the like. How To Increase Vertical Jump With Weights
The Pre-Shock Phase
The Pre-shock phase of Vert shock is the first. In the pre-shock phase of Vert shock
The pre-shock phase of Vert Shock is designed to prepare the athlete’s body for the intense training that will take place in the later phases. You will be able to improve your strength, power, agility and coordination through a variety drills and stretches.
The pre-shock phase also emphasizes stretching and foam rolling to improve flexibility and decrease the chance of injury. This phase helps athletes develop proper movement patterns which will help them in the later phases.
To maximize the results of these exercises, you should perform each one with proper form and the full range of motion. Additionally, it is important to gradually increase speed or weight as your strength improves over time. These steps will ensure your body is ready for the next phase.
The Shock Phase
The Shock Phase of Vert Shock is the second phase of the program.
The second phase of Vert Shock’s program is called the Shock Phase. This phase is for advanced to intermediate athletes and focuses on explosive power and strength building for advanced to intermediate athletes. It consists of three stages which progressively increase in intensity and difficulty. How To Increase Vertical Jump With Weights
This phase focuses on heavy weight lifting, plyometrics, and bodyweight exercises like jumps and hops. This phase also emphasizes proper form and technique to ensure that any gains made are permanent and not temporary.
During the Shock Phase, athletes can expect to see an increase in their vertical jump height and improved coordination and agility. This phase will also help athletes improve their overall fitness level, allowing them to perform better in all sports activities.
Vert Shock’s shock phase is designed to increase your vertical jump’s power, speed, explosiveness, and speed. During this phase, you will perform exercises such as box jumps, depth jumps, squat jumps, and single-leg hops to develop explosive strength.
Additionally, you will learn the proper form for each exercise to maximize its effectiveness and reduce the risk of injury. You can expect significant gains in your vertical jump height with consistent effort and dedication during this phase.
The Post Shock Phase
The Post Shock Phase, the final phase of the vert shock experience, is called the “Post Shock Phase”. The post-shock phase
This phase will be focused on new strategies and exercises to increase strength, power, explosiveness, and speed. This phase will help you keep your vertical jump and improve it as you go.
Post-shock includes a range of drills that target different movement patterns and muscle groups to improve your jump ability. These drills can either be done at the gym or at home using minimal equipment.
Additionally, this phase focuses on developing proper form and technique so that you can maximize your jumping potential. Finally, the post-shock phase also includes nutrition and recovery strategies to ensure that your body is recovering properly from all of the hard work you’re putting in.
You will also find it in the Vert Shock Phase’s post-shock phase. Here, the emphasis is on strengthening your lower legs and reducing the risk of injury. During this phase, you will primarily focus on strengthening exercises that target the calves, hamstrings, quadriceps, and glutes.
Agility drills will be used to improve coordination and speed. To increase power and explosiveness of your vertical jump, plyometric exercises are used. Finally, you will be doing dynamic stretching to reduce tightness in your muscles and improve flexibility. How To Increase Vertical Jump With Weights
Vert Shock Expectations
As the way it is marketed, Vert Shock promises to increase your vertical leap. It may seem like a simple statement but it can be deceiving.
Doing Vert Shock will give you some benefits on its own. Some of these include:
- Performance improvement in vertical jumping: This program focuses on strength and power exercises that increase explosiveness. You will be able to jump higher than you ever have before.
- Increased muscle mass: By building more muscle, you can make your body more powerful when jumping. This will help you reach new heights in your leaping ability.
- Greater flexibility: Increasing your flexibility will help you balance and coordinate, which is essential for success in vertical leaping.
- Reduced risk of injury: Some of the Vert Shock exercises help strengthen key muscles and joints to reduce the risk of injuries while performing jumps or other activities related to basketball or other sports.
- You will have a better overall athleticism. Vert shock focuses on improving your power, speed, agility, and quickness. This is all to enhance your athleticism on the court and field.
Vert Shock Injury Concerns
While trying out Vert Shock can be tempting, especially for the gains you can get, It is still important to check if Vert Shock is the exercise for you.
Before trying out Vert Shock, you must consult a qualified medical professional to ensure that it is safe for you to do so. Before attempting any new fitness program, it is important to understand any risks or possible side effects.
Additionally, ensure you are comfortable with the Vert Shock program before starting and have the proper equipment and space necessary to complete all the exercises.
Vert shock is just like any other exercise program. It is important to keep your injuries at bay. Before any exercise, it is important to warm up. You could do this with a light jog, or dynamic stretching. To avoid injury, it is important to follow proper form while performing these exercises.
It is best to begin with light exercises, and increase intensity as your body adjusts. If you feel any discomfort or pain, take breaks between sets. How To Increase Vertical Jump With Weights
Vert Shock Price
Vert Shock is not a free program.
When you pay for Vert Shock, you get a membership log-in for their website. You can only purchase Vert Shock from their websites. Anyone trying to sell Vert Shock to you outside of the website could be trying to scam you.
So what do you get when you pay for Vert Shock?
When you purchase Vert Shock, you’re investing in a comprehensive vertical jump training program that will help you increase your vertical jump by up to 9-15 inches in as little as 8 weeks.
This program is specifically designed for basketball players. The program includes video instruction and a nutrition guide. Users also have access to the Vert Shock members’ group where they can ask questions and receive support.
It also includes a 60-day money-back guarantee to ensure that you’re making an investment that will pay off in the long run.
Vert Shock is regularly priced at $138, but at the time of writing, there is a limited-time discount offer of $67. That’s almost a 51% discount.
Vert Shock Verdict and Final Thoughts
The Vert Shock program has been very effective in my experience. In just 8 weeks, I saw a significant increase in my vertical leap. Before I was able to feel air as I jumped, it was difficult for me to feel any. Right now, I feel like I do reach a considerable height. This could also be due to the fact that I lost some weight during the eight-week exercise.
However, everyone will experience the same thing. It’s important to note that Vert Shock is not a miracle solution or an instant fix for increasing your vertical jump. It also requires significant hard work and dedication to see results.
Completing the entire eight-week program was challenging, and there were times when I felt like giving up. I was able to track my progress by taking regular measurements of my jump. This kept me motivated.
Vert Shock’s effectiveness will ultimately depend on how hard you work and the dedication you show. If you’re willing to do the work, you can expect to see gains. It’s a waste if you don’t. How To Increase Vertical Jump With Weights
Vert Shock Pros and Cons
Pros of Vert Shock
- Easy to Follow: The Vert Shock program is designed to be easy to follow and understand, with step-by-step instructions and detailed videos that explain each move.
- Convenience: Vert Shock can be accessed online so that you don’t need to travel far. Anyone who wishes to improve their vertical jump can do the exercises at home.
- Vert shock has proven to work: Many athletes have experienced great results using the program.
- Affordable: The Vert Shock program is affordable compared to other programs on the market, so you don’t have to break the bank to get amazing results.
The Cons of Using Vert shock
- It Can Be Expensive: The Vert Shock program is not cheap – the full 8-week program costs $67, which can be a lot for some people. Even more so with its original price of $138
- Results may vary: Like all programs, results can vary and results could be different for you.
- Requires Consistency: To get the most out of the Vert Shock program, it requires consistency and dedication to the workouts and training schedule, which can be difficult for some people.
- Not suitable for beginners: The Vert Shock program was created for advanced jumpers who have a certain level and skill in jumping. If you’re just starting out, this might not be your best option.
Vert Shock Frequently Asked Questions How To Increase Vertical Jump With Weights
What am I paying for?
The Vert Shock Program is a complete workout program that you can access by paying for it.
You will gain access to your very own username and password that is sent via email. This will give you access to Vert Shock’s members-only portal, where you can get all the resources and references needed for the Vert Shock Program. As such, you will need internet access to fully use the Vert Shock program.
What is the secret to it?
Vert Shock employs strategic exercises and sets per repetition combinations to focus on developing your elastic muscle fibers.
Do I require any equipment?
Aside from an internet connection, to get the tutorials and resources, you will not need any exercise equipment to enjoy the Vert Shock Program.
Vert Shock, a plyometric exercise, is not suitable for heavy lifting or weight training. This allows you to exercise at home, in the park, or wherever else you like.
Is Vert Shock Safe?
Vert Shock is entirely safe for all ages.
However, just with all exercise programs, it is still a good idea to consult your physician or an expert if your body is fit enough to handle intense exercise. Vert Shock is easy enough that anyone can do intense, heavy exercise.
What is the average length of my Vert Shock membership?
Your Vert Shock Membership will last a lifetime.
It is accessible from anywhere and anytime. Vert Shock will not expire; you can log in to your account as often as you want.
What if I have an above-average vertical but it is still affecting me?
Vert Shock is still effective even if there are some limitations.
Vert Shock can make your gains smaller than a newbie. However, you’ll still reap the benefits.