When recruiting potential athletes, recruiters consider the standing vertical jump. Recruiters can instantly tell how explosive an athlete looks by looking at their vertical jump. As such, the vertical jump or the vertical leap is one of the most useful measuring tools of one’s ability to display power, explosive strength, and the ability to utilize that said strength.
Vertical jumping is a key indicator of an athlete’s power and explosiveness. This test measures how fast one can jump from standing to jumping as high with their legs.
For athletes who need to jump or sprint quickly, explosive power is crucial. This includes basketball, volleyball and track and field. Having a good vertical jump can give athletes an edge over their competition by enabling them to reach higher heights more effortlessly.
Athletes with high explosive power can generate more force from jumps, which can help to prevent injury. The vertical jump and explosiveness are interrelated. Strong leg muscles and the ability to quickly generate power will lead to a higher vertical jump, which can be very beneficial on the court or field.
Vertical jumps are a hallmark of some of the most skilled athletes in their chosen fields. The highest recorded vertical jump in the NBA is supposed to be 48 inches or 121.9 cm by Wilt Chamberlain. Michael Jordan, undoubtedly one of the greatest players in the NBA, was known for his jaw-dropping aerial performance and a vertical jump of 46 inches (or 116.8 cm).
Outside the NBA, some of the highest recorded vertical jumps include Olympic high jump gold medalist Dwight Stones, who was rumored to have a vertical jump of 50 inches or 127 cm, and NFL player James Robinson who reportedly has a 45 inches or 114.3 cm vertical jump.
It is easy to measure your vertical jump. While there are advanced tools to gauge your vertical more accurately, a simple chalk and board can be enough. These are the tools you need to measure your vertical jump:
- A tape measure
- A wall or solid vertical surface
- To measure and observe, a friend or coach
- Something to mark your starting point, such as a piece of tape
- Optional: A box, plyometric platform or other object to jump from.
You will need the following to measure your vertical leap:
- Place the tape measure on a flat surface and stand with your feet about shoulder width apart.
- Grab the tape measure’s top with one hand, and reach up to grab it.
- To ensure that the tape measure remains stationary, use your other hand to press down on its bottom.
- Standing straight, stand up and jump high. Make sure you mark the highest point on the tape measure using your finger or a marker.
- Measure from the floor to this point to determine your vertical jump height in inches or centimeters (depending on what unit of measurement you are using).
Bearing in mind that the average vertical jump for men is 16 to 20 inches while it is 12 to 16 inches for women. A person who can jump higher than this is considered to be above-average or very good at vertical jumping. People who measure their vertical jumps over 28 inches (for men) and 24 inches (for women) are considered to have excellent vertical.
Of course, there will be three things that will result once you measure your vertical leap. Either you will be happy with your ability or not. Sometimes you might feel the opposite, and desire a larger measurement. Or you may be amused and indifferent.
Vertical jumpers who are disappointed in their ability to leap high should feel relieved that there are so many methods to improve it.
But before that, why is there a need to increase your vertical leap? What do people who don’t exercise regularly have to gain from training their vertical leaps?
Although athletes have every right to improve their vertical jumps it is important that common people understand what they can get from the same.
That said, increasing your own vertical jump is still worth doing. It has its merits, such as:
- Improve Athletic Performance: Increasing your vertical jump can have a significant impact on your athletic performance in a variety of sports. Many athletic activities require jumping movements, such as basketball, volleyball, track and field, football, tennis, and more. Increasing your vertical jump will help you run faster, jump higher and be more explosive with each movement. It is possible to improve your athletic performance even outside of sports.
- Strengthen your Vertical Jump: Focus on the muscles that allow you to generate power from the ground. Increasing the strength of those muscles will make it easier to generate more power and height when you take off the ground. Of course, this increase in strength is useful even in daily life. No matter what your job is, extra power would be a benefit in many situations.
- Better balance: Your core muscles are crucial for jumping. They provide stability in the air and help you to maintain your balance when you land on the ground. Working on improving these muscles will help you have better balance and control when landing from a jump or taking off for one. Just as with strength, balance is something that can be useful in day-to-day living. Good balance is essential for daily living.
- Better coordination: Jumping requires coordination among different muscle groups. Increasing your vertical jump can improve coordination and timing. Improved coordination can translate into improved performance in many sports that require jumping or rapid bursts. Coordination is an important skill that can be used in daily life, just like balance and strength.
Now that we have seen what improving your vertical can let us find a way to make you jump higher.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Tom on his YouTube channel Smart Brandings Channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Vert Shock, you may still want to check out our article below.
What is Vert Sock: Along Overdue Overview How To Increase Vertical Jump In A Week
Vert Shock is an exercise program that aims to increase the vertical jump of an individual by focusing on strengthening the lower body, core, and upper body. The program also helps improve one’s balance, stability, and coordination.
The exercises involve jumping exercises, plyometrics, agility drills, Olympic lifts, and various other movements that help build power in the legs and hips. In addition to the physical benefits of Vert Shock, athletes can also benefit from increased confidence and mental focus as they work through the program. How To Increase Vertical Jump In A Week
Vertshock claims that it will increase vertical jump for most people in just 8 weeks. As such, it is no wonder that the product is targeted mostly at basketball and volleyball players who can begin dunking or spiking the ball as soon as possible.
Adam Folker and Justin Darlington created Vert Shock. Together they created a vertical training program that helps athletes increase their vertical jump by improving their speed, agility, power, and mobility. The program is eight weeks long and includes exercises that help athletes reach their full potential.
This program includes nutritional advice and mental training tips that will help athletes remain focused and motivated throughout the process.
How does Vert Shock work?
Vert Shock, an innovative program that will increase your vertical leap, is designed to do just that. It has three phases: preshock, shock and postshock. The pre-shock phase prepares your body for the shock phase by getting your muscles used to jump higher exercises.
During the shock phase, plyometrics are used to build explosiveness in the legs and core, while squatting works on building fast-twitch muscle fibers. To improve your jumping abilities, you can do more intense exercises in the post-shock phase.
Overall, it will take 8 weeks of training to fully experience Vert Shock. There will be 41 workouts that you need to complete within the 8-week period of training. These workouts can be as simple as static core and strength exercises, or more challenging high-impact power trainings. How To Increase Vertical Jump In A Week
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
The Pre-Shock Phase
Vert Shock is divided into three parts, the first of which is the Pre-shock phase. The pre-shock phase is the first part of Vert shock.
The pre-shock phase of Vert Shock is designed to prepare the athlete’s body for the intense training that will take place in the later phases. This includes a variety of exercises, drills, and stretches that will improve strength, power, agility, balance, and coordination.
Additionally, the pre-shock phase emphasizes proper stretching and foam rolling techniques to increase flexibility and reduce the risk of injury during the program. This phase helps athletes develop proper movement patterns which will help them in the later phases.
To maximize the results of these exercises, you should perform each one with proper form and the full range of motion. As your strength increases, you should gradually increase your speed and weight. By following these steps, you can ensure that your body will be ready to take on the challenge when you move on to the next phase of Vert Shock.
The Shock Phase
The second phase of Vert Shock’s program is called the Shock Phase.
The second phase of Vert Shock’s program is called the Shock Phase. Designed for intermediate to advanced athletes, this phase focuses on building explosive power and strength for intermediate to advanced athletes. It consists of three stages which progressively increase in intensity and difficulty. How To Increase Vertical Jump In A Week
This phase focuses on heavy weight lifting, plyometrics, and bodyweight exercises like jumps and hops. This phase also emphasizes proper form and technique to ensure that any gains made are permanent and not temporary.
During the Shock Phase, athletes can expect to see an increase in their vertical jump height and improved coordination and agility. The Shock Phase will help athletes increase their fitness, which will allow them to excel in all activities.
The exercises in the shock phase of Vert Shock are designed to rapidly increase the power, speed, and explosiveness of your vertical jump. During this phase, you will perform exercises such as box jumps, depth jumps, squat jumps, and single-leg hops to develop explosive strength.
You will also learn how to properly perform each exercise, which will increase its effectiveness and decrease the chance of injury. You can expect significant gains in your vertical jump height with consistent effort and dedication during this phase.
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
The Post Shock Phase
The Post Shock Phase is the last phase of the vert shock experience. In the post-shock phase
In this phase, you will focus on using new exercises and strategies to continue to build strength, power, and explosiveness. This phase is designed to help you maintain your newfound vertical jump ability while improving it as you progress.
The post-shock phase includes a variety of drills that will target different muscle groups and movement patterns to help you become a better jumper. These drills can be done in the gym or at home with minimal equipment.
This phase also focuses on improving your form and technique to maximize your jumping potential. The post-shock phase includes nutrition and recovery strategies to make sure your body recovers from all the hard work.
You will also find it in the Vert Shock Phase’s post-shock phase. Here, the emphasis is on strengthening your lower legs and reducing the risk of injury. During this phase, you will primarily focus on strengthening exercises that target the calves, hamstrings, quadriceps, and glutes.
Agility drills will be used to improve coordination and speed. Plyometric exercises will be used to enhance power and explosiveness in your vertical jump. Finally, you will be doing dynamic stretching to reduce tightness in your muscles and improve flexibility. How To Increase Vertical Jump In A Week
Vert Shock Expectations
As the way it is marketed, Vert Shock promises to increase your vertical leap. While it might be such a simple statement, it is deceptively so.
Doing Vert Shock will give you some benefits on its own. These include:
- Improved vertical jump performance: The program focuses on specific strength and power exercises that increase explosiveness, allowing you to jump higher than ever before.
- Increased muscle mass: By building more muscle, you can make your body more powerful when jumping. This will allow you to leap higher and more confidently.
- Greater flexibility: Increasing your flexibility will help you balance and coordinate, which is essential for success in vertical leaping.
- Reduced risk of injury: Some of the Vert Shock exercises help strengthen key muscles and joints to reduce the risk of injuries while performing jumps or other activities related to basketball or other sports.
- Improved overall athleticism: Vert Shock focuses on developing a wide range of skills, from power and speed to agility and quickness, all designed to improve your overall athleticism and performance on the court or field.
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
Vert Shock Injury Concerns
Vert Shock may seem appealing, especially considering the potential gains, but it is important to determine if this is the right exercise for you.
Before trying out Vert Shock, you must consult a qualified medical professional to ensure that it is safe for you to do so. Before attempting any new fitness program, it is important to understand any risks or possible side effects.
Also, make sure you are familiar with Vert Shock before beginning and that you have all the equipment and space required to complete the exercises.
As with all exercise programs, it is still important to avoid injury when practicing Vert Shock. It is important to warm up before any exercise. This could include a light jog or dynamic stretching. To avoid injury, it is important to follow proper form while performing these exercises.
Additionally, it is best to start with lighter exercises and gradually increase the intensity over time as your body adapts. Finally, make sure to take breaks between sets and listen to your body if you experience any pain or discomfort. How To Increase Vertical Jump In A Week
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
Vert Shock Price
A program as effective as Vert Shock is not free.
Vert Shock members get a login for their website when they pay. You can only purchase Vert Shock from their websites. Anyone trying to sell Vert Shock to you outside of the website could be trying to scam you.
What do you get if you pay for Vert Shock, you ask?
When you purchase Vert Shock, you’re investing in a comprehensive vertical jump training program that will help you increase your vertical jump by up to 9-15 inches in as little as 8 weeks.
This program is specifically designed for basketball players. The program includes video instruction and a nutrition guide. Users also have access to the Vert Shock members’ group where they can ask questions and receive support.
It also includes a 60-day money-back guarantee to ensure that you’re making an investment that will pay off in the long run.
Vert Shock is regularly priced at $138, but at the time of writing, there is a limited-time discount offer of $67. This is almost 51% off.
Vert Shock Verdict and Final Thoughts
In my experience, the Vert Shock program is pretty effective. In just 8 weeks, I saw a significant increase in my vertical leap. Before, I could barely feel some air when I jumped. Right now, I feel like I do reach a considerable height. That may also be partly to losing some weight while doing the 8-week exercise.
However, everyone will experience the same thing. It’s important to note that Vert Shock is not a miracle solution or an instant fix for increasing your vertical jump. It also requires significant hard work and dedication to see results.
Completing the entire eight-week program was challenging, and there were times when I felt like giving up. However, seeing my progress through regular measurements of my jump kept me motivated.
In short, whether or not Vert Shock will work for you will depend on the effort and dedication you put into the program. If you’re willing to do the work, you can expect to see gains. Otherwise, it’s a waste of money. How To Increase Vertical Jump In A Week
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
Pros and cons of Vert Shock
Pros of Vert Shock
- Easy to Follow: The Vert Shock program is designed to be easy to follow and understand, with step-by-step instructions and detailed videos that explain each move.
- Convenience: Vert Shock can be accessed online so that you don’t need to travel far. You can do the exercises in the comfort of your own home, making it very convenient for anyone who wants to improve their vertical jump.
- Proven Results: The Vert Shock program has been proven by many athletes who have seen great results from using it, so you know it really works.
- Affordable: The Vert Shock program is affordable compared to other programs on the market, so you don’t have to break the bank to get amazing results.
Cons of Using Vert Shock
- It Can Be Expensive: The Vert Shock program is not cheap – the full 8-week program costs $67, which can be a lot for some people. This is even more when you consider the original price of $138
- Results may vary: Like all programs, results can vary and results could be different for you.
- Requires Consistency: To get the most out of the Vert Shock program, it requires consistency and dedication to the workouts and training schedule, which can be difficult for some people.
- Not suitable for beginners: The Vert Shock program was created for advanced jumpers who have a certain level and skill in jumping. If you’re just starting out, this might not be your best option.
Vert Shock Frequently Asked Questions How To Increase Vertical Jump In A Week
What are I paying for?
The Vert Shock Program is a complete workout program that you can access by paying for it.
Your username and password will be sent to you via email. This will give you access to Vert Shock’s members-only portal, where you can get all the resources and references needed for the Vert Shock Program. As such, you will need internet access to fully use the Vert Shock program.
How does it work?
Vert Shock employs strategic exercises and sets per repetition combinations to focus on developing your elastic muscle fibers.
Do I need any equipment?
To access the tutorials and other resources, all you need is an internet connection. You don’t even need to have any exercise equipment in order to take part in the Vert Shock Program.
Vert Shock is a plyometric-oriented exercise, and as such, you will not need any weights or heavy lifting. This frees you up and allows you to work out at home, at the park, or anywhere else you prefer.
Is Vert Shock Safe?
Vert Shock is entirely safe for all ages.
As with all exercise programs it is a good idea for you to check with your doctor or an expert to make sure your body can handle the intense exercise. Apart from that, Vert Shock is simple enough that it is safe for anyone who is fit enough to do intense and heavy exercise.
What is the average length of my Vert Shock membership?
Your Vert Shock Membership will last a lifetime.
It is accessible from anywhere and anytime. Vert Shock will not expire; you can log in to your account as often as you want.
Will it affect me even if I already have an above-average vertical?
Vert Shock will still work even if you have a considerable vertical leap with some caveats.
Your gains might be much lesser when using Vert Shock compared that to a newbie, as you will surely