The standing vertical jump is one of the skills that recruiters look at when they look at a prospective athlete. Recruiters can instantly tell how explosive an athlete looks by looking at their vertical jump. As such, the vertical jump or the vertical leap is one of the most useful measuring tools of one’s ability to display power, explosive strength, and the ability to utilize that said strength.
The vertical jump is an important measure of an athlete’s explosiveness and power. It tests how quickly one can move from standing to jumping as high as possible with the help of their legs.
For athletes who need to jump or sprint quickly, explosive power is crucial. This includes basketball, volleyball and track and field. A good vertical jump can help athletes reach higher heights faster than their competitors.
Athletes with high explosive power can generate more force from jumps, which can help to prevent injury. Overall, the vertical jump and one’s explosiveness are connected in that having strong leg muscles and being able to generate power quickly will result in a better vertical jump which can have great benefits on the field or court.
Some of the best athletes in their chosen sports fields have insane vertical jumps. The highest recorded vertical jump in the NBA is supposed to be 48 inches or 121.9 cm by Wilt Chamberlain. Michael Jordan, arguably one of the NBA’s greatest of all time and known for his electric and jaw-dropping airborne performance, is estimated to have a vertical jump as high as 46 inches or 116.8 cm.
Outside the NBA, some of the highest recorded vertical jumps include Olympic high jump gold medalist Dwight Stones, who was rumored to have a vertical jump of 50 inches or 127 cm, and NFL player James Robinson who reportedly has a 45 inches or 114.3 cm vertical jump.
It is easy to measure your vertical jump. While there are advanced tools to gauge your vertical more accurately, a simple chalk and board can be enough. These are the tools you need to measure your vertical jump:
- A tape measure
- A wall or solid vertical surface
- To measure and observe, a friend or coach
- Something to mark your starting point, such as a piece of tape
- Optional: a box, plyometric step platform, or another object to jump off.
To measure your vertical jump, you will need to do the following:
- Place the tape measure on a flat surface and stand with your feet about shoulder width apart.
- Reach up and grasp the top of the tape measure with one hand and keep it in place.
- To ensure that the tape measure remains stationary, use your other hand to press down on its bottom.
- Standing straight, stand up and jump high. Make sure you mark the highest point on the tape measure using your finger or a marker.
- Measure from the floor to this point to determine your vertical jump height in inches or centimeters (depending on what unit of measurement you are using).
Bearing in mind that the average vertical jump for men is 16 to 20 inches while it is 12 to 16 inches for women. A person who can jump higher than this is considered to be above-average or very good at vertical jumping. People who measure their vertical jumps over 28 inches (for men) and 24 inches (for women) are considered to have excellent vertical.
Of course, there will be three things that will result once you measure your vertical leap. Either you will be happy with your ability or not. You might also feel the opposite and want a higher measurement, or you will be indifferent and amused.
Those who feel disappointed with their vertical jump should be satisfied since there are many ways to train it at a more satisfactory level.
But before that, why is there a need to increase your vertical leap? Do people who don’t practice sports have anything to gain in training their vertical leap?
Although athletes have every right to improve their vertical jumps it is important that common people understand what they can get from the same.
That said, increasing your own vertical jump is still worth doing. After all, it has its own merits like:
- Increase Athletic Performance: Vertical jumps can make a big difference in athletic performance. Many athletic activities require jumping movements, such as basketball, volleyball, track and field, football, tennis, and more. Your vertical jump can help you run faster and jump higher, as well as make your movements more explosive. Even outside of sports, improving your athletic performance is still something nice to have.
- Strengthen your Vertical Jump: Focus on the muscles that allow you to generate power from the ground. Increasing the strength of those muscles will make it easier to generate more power and height when you take off the ground. This strength increase is also useful in everyday life. No matter your field of work, any additional power from your body would prove useful in different situations.
- Better Balance: Core muscles play an important role when jumping because they provide stability while in the air and control your balance as you land back on the ground. You will be able to land from a jump and take off with greater control if you work on these muscles. Just as with strength, balance is something that can be useful in day-to-day living. Good balance is essential for daily living.
- Improved Coordination: As jumping requires coordination between different muscle groups throughout your body, increasing your vertical jump can help improve the coordination and timing of those movements. Improved coordination can translate into improved performance in many sports that require jumping or rapid bursts. Coordination is an important skill that can be used in daily life, just like balance and strength.
Now that we have seen what improving your vertical can let us find a way to make you jump higher.
If you prefer visuals, Tom has posted a video review on his YouTube channel Smart Brandings Channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Vert Shock, you may still want to check out our article below.
What is Vert Sock: Along Overdue Overview Download Vertical Jump Program
Vert Shock is an exercise program that aims to increase the vertical jump of an individual by focusing on strengthening the lower body, core, and upper body. It also improves coordination, balance, stability, as well as coordination.
The exercises involve jumping exercises, plyometrics, agility drills, Olympic lifts, and various other movements that help build power in the legs and hips. Vert shock has many physical benefits, but athletes also gain mental clarity and confidence as they go through the program. Download Vertical Jump Program
Verts shock promises that it can help people increase their vertical jump of most people within 8 weeks. It is not surprising that Vertshock is targeted at volleyball and basketball players, who want to start spiking or dunking the ball as soon possible.
Vert Shock was created by Adam Folker and Justin “Jus Fly” Darlington. Together they created a vertical training program that helps athletes increase their vertical jump by improving their speed, agility, power, and mobility. The program is eight weeks long and includes exercises that help athletes reach their full potential.
This program includes nutritional advice and mental training tips that will help athletes remain focused and motivated throughout the process.
How Does Vert Shock Work?
Vert Shock is an innovative program designed to help you increase your vertical jump. It has three phases: preshock, shock and postshock. Pre-shock prepares the body for shock by getting you used to doing higher exercise and muscle training.
Plyometrics and core exercises are used during the shock phase to increase explosiveness. Squatting is useful for building quick-twitch muscle fibers. To improve your jumping abilities, you can do more intense exercises in the post-shock phase.
Overall, it will take 8 weeks of training to fully experience Vert Shock. Within that 8 weeks of training will be 41 workouts you will have to do regularly. These workouts will range from simple strength training and static core workouts to the more daunting high-impact power workouts and the like. Download Vertical Jump Program
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
The Pre-Shock Phase
The Pre-shock phase of Vert shock is the first. The pre-shock phase is the first part of Vert shock.
Vert Shock’s pre-shock phase is intended to prepare athletes for the more intense training in the subsequent phases. You will be able to improve your strength, power, agility and coordination through a variety drills and stretches.
The pre-shock phase also emphasizes stretching and foam rolling to improve flexibility and decrease the chance of injury. Finally, this phase also helps athletes establish proper movement patterns that will be beneficial during the more advanced phases.
To maximize the results of these exercises, you should perform each one with proper form and the full range of motion. Additionally, it is important to gradually increase speed or weight as your strength improves over time. By following these steps, you can ensure that your body will be ready to take on the challenge when you move on to the next phase of Vert Shock.
The Shock Phase
The Shock Phase of Vert Shock is the second phase of the program.
The second phase of Vert Shock’s program is called the Shock Phase. This phase is for advanced to intermediate athletes and focuses on explosive power and strength building for advanced to intermediate athletes. It is composed of three stages that gradually increase in difficulty and intensity. Download Vertical Jump Program
The exercises in this phase focus on plyometrics, heavy weight-lifting, and bodyweight exercises such as jumps and hops. This phase also emphasizes proper form and technique to ensure that any gains made are permanent and not temporary.
Athletes can expect to experience an increase in vertical jump height, improved coordination, and increased agility during the Shock Phase. The Shock Phase will help athletes increase their fitness, which will allow them to excel in all activities.
Vert Shock’s shock phase is designed to increase your vertical jump’s power, speed, explosiveness, and speed. This phase will include single-leg hops, box jumps and depth jumps.
You will also learn how to properly perform each exercise, which will increase its effectiveness and decrease the chance of injury. With consistent effort and dedication, you can expect to see significant improvements in your vertical jump height.
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
The Post Shock Phase
The Post Shock Phase, the final phase of the vert shock experience, is called the “Post Shock Phase”. The post-shock phase
This phase will be focused on new strategies and exercises to increase strength, power, explosiveness, and speed. This phase will help you keep your vertical jump and improve it as you go.
The post-shock phase includes a variety of drills that will target different muscle groups and movement patterns to help you become a better jumper. These drills can be done in the gym or at home with minimal equipment.
Additionally, this phase focuses on developing proper form and technique so that you can maximize your jumping potential. The post-shock phase includes nutrition and recovery strategies to make sure your body recovers from all the hard work.
It is also in the post-shock phase of the Vert Shock phase, where the focus is on improving the strength of your lower legs and reducing the likelihood of future injuries. During this phase, you will primarily focus on strengthening exercises that target the calves, hamstrings, quadriceps, and glutes.
Agility drills will be used to improve coordination and speed. Plyometric exercises will be used to enhance power and explosiveness in your vertical jump. Dynamic stretching will be used to loosen your muscles and increase flexibility. Download Vertical Jump Program
Vert Shock Expectations
As the way it is marketed, Vert Shock promises to increase your vertical leap. While it might be such a simple statement, it is deceptively so.
You will reap the benefits of Vert Shock on your own. Some of these include:
- Performance improvement in vertical jumping: This program focuses on strength and power exercises that increase explosiveness. You will be able to jump higher than you ever have before.
- Increased muscle mass: By building more muscle, you can make your body more powerful when jumping. This will allow you to leap higher and more confidently.
- Greater flexibility: Improving your flexibility helps you with your balance and coordination, both of which are necessary for a successful vertical leap.
- Reduction in injury risk: The Vert Shock exercises can be used to strengthen the muscles and joints, which will help to lower the chance of injuries when performing jumps or other activities that are related to basketball.
- You will have a better overall athleticism. Vert shock focuses on improving your power, speed, agility, and quickness. This is all to enhance your athleticism on the court and field.
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
Vert Shock Injury Concerns
While trying out Vert Shock can be tempting, especially for the gains you can get, It is still important to check if Vert Shock is the exercise for you.
Vert Shock is not recommended for use without consulting a qualified physician. Before attempting any new fitness program, it is important to understand any risks or possible side effects.
Also, make sure you are familiar with Vert Shock before beginning and that you have all the equipment and space required to complete the exercises.
Vert shock is just like any other exercise program. It is important to keep your injuries at bay. It is important to warm up before any exercise. You could do this with a light jog, or dynamic stretching. It is also important to practice proper form when performing the exercises to avoid injuries.
Additionally, it is best to start with lighter exercises and gradually increase the intensity over time as your body adapts. If you feel any discomfort or pain, take breaks between sets. Download Vertical Jump Program
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
Vert Shock Price
Vert Shock is not a free program.
When you pay for Vert Shock, you get a membership log-in for their website. As such, you can only buy Vert Shock on their own websites. As a result, anyone trying to sell you Vert Shock outside the website is potentially there to scam you.
So what do you get when you pay for Vert Shock?
When you purchase Vert Shock, you’re investing in a comprehensive vertical jump training program that will help you increase your vertical jump by up to 9-15 inches in as little as 8 weeks.
The program is tailored specifically to basketball players. It includes detailed video instruction, a comprehensive nutrition guide, and access to the exclusive Vert Shock members group, where users can ask questions and get support.
You can also get a 60-day money back guarantee to make sure you are making a long-term investment.
Vert Shock is regularly priced at $138, but at the time of writing, there is a limited-time discount offer of $67. That’s almost a 51% discount.
Vert Shock Verdict and Final Thoughts
In my experience, the Vert Shock program is pretty effective. In just 8 weeks, I saw a significant increase in my vertical leap. Before I was able to feel air as I jumped, it was difficult for me to feel any. Right now, I feel like I do reach a considerable height. That may also be partly to losing some weight while doing the 8-week exercise.
That said, not everybody will have the same experience as me. It’s important to note that Vert Shock is not a miracle solution or an instant fix for increasing your vertical jump. You will also need to put in a lot of effort and persevere until you see the results.
It was difficult to complete the eight-week program. There were many times when I wanted to quit. However, seeing my progress through regular measurements of my jump kept me motivated.
Vert Shock’s effectiveness will ultimately depend on how hard you work and the dedication you show. You can expect to make progress if you are willing to put in the effort. Otherwise, it’s a waste of money. Download Vertical Jump Program
> > Click Here to Order Now < <
Pros and cons of Vert Shock
Pros of Vert Shock
- Easy to Follow: The Vert Shock program is designed to be easy to follow and understand, with step-by-step instructions and detailed videos that explain each move.
- Convenience: Vert Shock can be accessed online so that you don’t need to travel far. Anyone who wishes to improve their vertical jump can do the exercises at home.
- Proven Results: The Vert Shock program has been proven by many athletes who have seen great results from using it, so you know it really works.
- Affordable: The Vert Shock program is affordable compared to other programs on the market, so you don’t have to break the bank to get amazing results.
Cons of Using Vert Shock
- It Can Be Expensive: The Vert Shock program is not cheap – the full 8-week program costs $67, which can be a lot for some people. Even more so with its original price of $138
- Results may vary: Like all programs, results can vary and results could be different for you.
- It requires consistency: In order to get the best out of Vert Shock, you need to be consistent and dedicated to your workouts and training schedule. This can sometimes prove difficult for some.
- Not suitable for beginners: The Vert Shock program was created for advanced jumpers who have a certain level and skill in jumping. If you’re just starting out, this might not be your best option.
Commonly Asked Questions about Vert Shock Download Vertical Jump Program
What are I paying for?
Paying for the Vert Shock Program entitles you to a whole workout program and service.
Your username and password will be sent to you via email. This will allow you to access Vert Shock’s members only portal. Here you can find all the resources and references you need for the Vert Shock Program. As such, you will need internet access to fully use the Vert Shock program.
What is the secret to it?
Vert Shock uses strategic exercises and sets per repeat combinations to help you develop your elastic muscles fibers.
Do I need any equipment?
Aside from an internet connection, to get the tutorials and resources, you will not need any exercise equipment to enjoy the Vert Shock Program.
Vert Shock is a plyometric-oriented exercise, and as such, you will not need any weights or heavy lifting. This frees you up and allows you to work out at home, at the park, or anywhere else you prefer.
Is Vert Shock Safe?
Vert Shock is entirely safe for all ages.
As with all exercise programs it is a good idea for you to check with your doctor or an expert to make sure your body can handle the intense exercise. Vert Shock is easy enough that anyone can do intense, heavy exercise.
What is the average length of my Vert Shock membership?
Your Vert shock Membership will last a lifetime.
You can access it anytime and anywhere. Vert shock will never expire. You can log in as many times as you like to your account.
What if I have an above-average vertical but it is still affecting me?
Vert Shock will still work even if you have a considerable vertical leap with some caveats.
Your gains might be much lesser when using Vert Shock compared that to a newbie, as you will surely